FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 11:48 am   Permalink

OK GROG!!!

See Ya at the Tonga!!!

~~ THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 11:52 am   Permalink

Thor's coming too?! MMMMMMMMM!

Squid! GROG! Kirby! Boris!
Get in me Belly!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-24 11:53 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 1:59 pm   Permalink

I'll be there Thor, despite Kinny and his damn donuts.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-24 3:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-24 11:47, kikekeki wrote:
Hey GROG:
How many Blue Hawaiians will it take to get you to talk? And do you require cake with those drinks???

K.

No Blue Hawaiians for GROG tonight. GROG drink Ginger Flame!

Just like Sqwid, No amount of donuts,urinal cakes,or piss keep GROG away from Tonga Hut this evening.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2007-02-24 5:22 pm   Permalink

All ye who come to the Tonga Hut tonight, keep a wary eye out for the birthday boy!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-02-24 17:25 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 5:57 pm   Permalink

Hey Kids!

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight!

A last minute drink change-
Due to a nationwide shortage of Macadamia Liquor, we will not be sampling the Mauna Loa cocktail this time around.
BUT I still have PLENTY of great drink recipes up my sleeves,so no worries!

Mahalo!
Suzy

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 6:10 pm   Permalink

still sounds good. last night we went to the tiki shack grill and bar in Glendora, they have a " full" bar but "DO NOT STOCK RUM". they offered us a marg instead.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 10:48 am   Permalink

Aloha!!

Sorry I missed you guys...I hope it was fun!! I was there..but WAY too early! Hearing Happy Hour was starting at 4:00 I presumed it was like Waikiki Style where we start the Mai Tais as early as possible!! HAaa I got there at about 6:30 and stayed till my date was neeeding food before she passed out so I had to leave at around 8:00.

Cool place!!! We sat at a table and had to really BEG for service..but I guess it was because Suzy had not gotten to the bar yet. I will try again another night..the atmospeher and music was very timeless and enjoyable. I had a Zombie that was good..the Mai Tai's were a bit weak but again..maybe it was just that it was early and the night had not really gained momentum.

Anyway.....hope to be there the next Tiki night if I am in Town!!

~~~ THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 12:27 pm   Permalink

OK me first!
Revue of Tiki Night at Tonga Hut:
FUN!
Met even more nice folks!
•JenTiki and Todd
•AlohaCurrent and Mrs. Aloha
•PiPhiRho
AND got to hang with a bunch of the other wackos to which I have become accustomed.
Sorry we missed ya Thor!

GROG's drink suggestion of the Ginger Flame was spot-on! Another Atomikitty miracle potion consumed to the slick analog grooves of DJ Lee.

Had to bail early due to exhaustion and food coma but looking forward to the next Tiki Night at Tonga Hut!! Thanks to all for a swell evening and for showing Mrs. Squid's sister a good time.

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday Kirby! Stop using the Slim Jim as a swizzle stick.
It ain't Kosher!!

Now bring on the embarrasing photos...

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 1:00 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a great time! I'll go into more detail when I post my pics when I get home in a couple days. But for now, I just want to thank everyone who made me feel so welcome with the SoCal crowd! Even my un-tiki friend had a great time (once we were able to replace the key I broke off in his car door ... ooops!) I hope to see you all again soon!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-25 1:28 pm   Permalink

Had a Great time! Meeting Jen & Todd was a highlight (hope that key in door didn't hold ya up all night) Happy Birthday again Kirby! It was fun seeing all the regulars too! Thanks again to Trader Tom, Ileane, John(dibroc)& Paula. The Pizza dinner it was fantastic but the least they could have done was to stick a umbrella in my spumoni don't ya think?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2007-02-25 1:37 pm   Permalink

Yep, Thor you left just before the masses piled in. The place was PACKED!!!! The Tonga Hut sold a few drinks last night, that's for sure!!

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 8:32 pm   Permalink

Yup Man I hada Blast had to leave on the early side wife was tired but it was kool . Cya all the best Tyger

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 10:01 pm   Permalink

Great night! It was wonderful to see the Tonga Hut packed on a night with no art show or other event than just a night to party. Always great to hear DJ Lee spinning his eclectic mix of music, too. And what an added bonus to have Suzie behind the bar again. Just like the old days at Lucky Tiki except, bigger! More room to move around, although after a while it got so crowded that moving around was difficult, too.

Tonga Hut has that look and feel of a vintage tiki bar. The new owners have preserved that well in their restoration. After all we have lost in the last year, it does my heart good to see the revival of the Tonga Hut going so well.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-25 10:09 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! Mucho Mahalo to The Tonga Hut Crew for putting on another Tiki-rrific Event. Soccer Tiki and I are already looking forward to coming back in March

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation