FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums サ サ Tiki Events サ サ California Events サ サ Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Announcing Tiki Night @ The Tonga Hut! Starting SAT FEB 24th!
tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-26 09:40 am   Permalink

Hey Everybody!

Thanks for partying with us on Saturday night! It was great to see the Hut hoppin with so many tiki enthusiasts. Thank you so much to Suzy for being our guest bartender and to DJ Lee for spinning. I also have to thank my staff Trevor and Myriah for an awesome job. Hope to see you all at the next Art Show!

Mahalo,

Mulatiki

View Profile of tongahut Send a personal message to tongahut  Email tongahut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-02-26 9:51 pm   Permalink

I had a great time Saturday. Thank you to everyone involved for launching a great Tiki Night.

Looks like I知 the first one to post pictures.

Suzy making magic

JenTiki and Little Lost Tiki

Woo Hoo Wahine, Grog and Cheeky Girl

Aloha Brad and Aloha Melanie

Rum Balls anyone?

Little Lost Tiki, Polly, Kirby and PiPhiRho

Sabu and Cheeky Girl

Then everyone started sticking out their tongues.

I知 sure I値l regret posting this one.

Yep, that痴 a mistake alright.

Grog makes a nicer ending.

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2007-02-26 21:58 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 10:01 pm   Permalink

Excellent party- Tonga Hut was packed. Nice to finally meet the incomparable Dave and his lovely wife, Ken, Grog, the beauty next to Grog at Damon's, Boris, Kirby, Polly and Steve the Malibu house sitting warrior. Son of Kelbo, Elizabeth and Brian. Glad you guys made it. Jen and Todd hope to see you soon and with keys fully intact. Karen and Soccer you guys scream Aloha! Ken mahalo for the lift that was good sheet and remember a flute without holes is not a flute and a doughnut without holes is a danish.
shameless photos on the way..

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 10:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-26 21:51, Bora Boris wrote:
I知 sure I値l regret posting this one.

I was wondering why you two kept sneaking out together. I guess now we know! You make such a cute couple with the matching glasses and goatees!

[ This Message was edited by: jentiki 2007-02-26 23:02 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 08:58 am   Permalink

I'm ashamed to say...but actually Boris and I do look GREAT together!
I'm the pitcher, by the way!
I also got the Academy Award for "Best Threesome"!

Sabu won the Award for "Sexiest-Come Hither Look"!!!
Must have been his Lucky Engrish Kitty keychain!

visit
www.kenruzic.com or I'll tell everyone I know you!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-02-27 09:09 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 3:25 pm   Permalink

Kirby stops to spend his birthday gift card at 7-11 on the way to the First Tonga Hut Tiki Night Awards Ceremony

The award for "Most Generous Donut Eater" goes to Little Lost Tiki who shared his ever-present donut stash with Squid and Grog, while sporting the latest in headwear from the JenTiki Line of Fine Hand-knit Accesories.

The award for "Largest Tiki Pendant" goes to Kirby

The award for "Cutest Kirby Barstool Model" goes to Polly

The award for "Most Awards in One Picture" goes to Sabu the Coconut Boy, CheekyGirl, and Bora Boris, showing off their awards for winning my flyer and lyrics contests.

The award for "Best Expression He Shouldn't Have In Public" goes to Little Lost Tiki, flanked by Polly and me.

The award for "Best Tolerance by non-TC people at a Tiki Event" goes to Jane (Squid's sister-in-law), Todd (my best friend), and Melanie (AlohaCurrent's lovely wife)

Okay, I've run out of witty award titles, so now I'm just gonna post the rest of my pics. (Sorry LLT!)

Sabu the Coconut Boy, Little Lost Tiki, and Bora Boris

AlohaCurrent and his lovely wife, Melanie

Little Lost Tiki and Sabu the Coconut Boy

Little Lost Tiki and WooHooWahine

Grog, CheekyGirl, me, and Bora Boris

Grog and Kirby

Grog and Kirby's girl, Polly

Sabu's little friend, DrunKitty sips from Sabu's Forbidden Island mug

Little Lost Tiki and AlohaCurrent

It turns out that on that same night, Hollywood was preparing for its own little awards show. We drove past part of the red carpet on the way home. Note the smaller Oscars in full body condoms at the bottom left of the picture.

Thanks again for a great night everybody! I couldn't find a single "Hoity-Toity" in the whole bunch of the SoCal TC Ohana that I met that night!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 12:06 am   Permalink

Had a great time at the 1st Tiki Night at the Tonga Night! Here's a few of my pictures.

The Ginger Flame in the Prize winning FI Mug (compliments of JenTiki)

Look at those babies all in a row!

All the way from Sacramento!

The Doh-Nuts!

Squid is going to teach that donut a lesson!

Grog squaring off with his.

The Elusive Steve. Nice pendant - real ivory!

Grog and SoccerTiki -- Look No tongue!

Okay, I just wanted to show off my new purse and mug.

And of course, one of Kirby's stools!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCutie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-28 10:30 am   Permalink

Um, I was there too...how is it that I didn't see a single one of these people? Was I in a time warp? Where is my beautiful wife and family? This is not my big automobile!

Is there some other Tonga Hut in another alternate universe where Suzy bartends and I don't see anyone I know? I got there at midnight. Got the flyer for the next art show, spoke with Atomikitty, had a Ginger Snap and saw no one.

I was at the Lava lounge earlier that evening, had a couple of Cosmopolitans, watched an enchanting mod band called the Modlins, then some heavy rock-n-rollers came on stage and me and my roommate decided it was time to hit the REAL party at the Tonga Hut.

Only I passed through a wormhole somewhere and ended up in the THE TONGA HUT IN THE PARALLEL WORLD!

Hi to everybody I apparently missed. See you all at the next gathering, unless I pass through another time portal and end up on the other side of the mirror.

Mahalo Suzy, email me about that show on the 16th, I've got a hot painting to reveal to the mug collectors of the world.

Tikicutie

View Profile of TikiCutie Send a personal message to TikiCutie  Email TikiCutie Goto the website of TikiCutie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 12:31 pm   Permalink

Do'h! looks like grog got best dough-nut of the night!!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. dough nut

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-28 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-28 00:06, CheekyGirl wrote:
Had a great time at the 1st Tiki Night at the Tonga Night! Here's a few of my pictures.

And of course, one of Kirby's stools!

Was this Kirby's Birthday Stool?

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 10:32 pm   Permalink

Oh, that's just wrong.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 12:24 pm   Permalink

The Missus and I also had a great time. Special thanks to JenTiki for bringing me some female menehunes from trader vic's! Now my guys aren't so lonely. The Tonga Hut is an awesome place. Hope to see everyone again soon!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 7:33 pm   Permalink

Nothing like a picture of a flaming poop to kill a thread. . . . : )

Seriously though, MUCHO MUCHO MAHALO to all the FINE and WONDERFUL OHANA who came out to support our very first TONGA HUT TIKI NIGHT!!!!!

What a great turn out! It was such a pleasure to be mixing up luscious libations for all my favorite tiki friends again! It was also a great night for making some new tiki and Tonga hut fans, and I thank you all for the fun, positive vibe that made everyone feel welcome. The spirit of aloha was truly alive. : )

LET'S ALL THANK ANA AND JEREMY OF THE TONGA HUT for all their hard work in restoring the bar, embracing the tiki scene, and giving us free reign on tiki night!
A VERY big thanks also to Trevor and Myriah of all their awesome bartending, hard work and great attitudes. I couldn't have done it without them!

Another HUGE Thank You to that hot wax spinning Svengali-(only not in an evil way)-DJ LEE! Your music make me happy. : )

Okay, this is starting to read like an Oscar acceptance speech, but I am just so tickled and appreciative with the turn out, and only wish I had more time that night to chat with all of you and thank you in person! So bear with me!
THANK YOU!!!!!!-Grog, Squid and Mrs. Squid, JenTiki-great to meet you!, Little Lost Tiki, Tyger Jimmy and the Mrs', Mahbookie and Jen-great to see you guys again-thanks for bringing friends AND you own tiki mugs!, Cheeky Girl, Sabu, Bora Boris, Woo Hoo and Soccertiki, the elusive Shipstrader, Hiphipahula, PiPhiRho, Dibroc, Son of Kelbo, Tiki Josh, Trader Tom, Pinstriper Johnny and the lovely Miss Courtney, Squirrely and friends, The Aloha Currents from Sacromento-thanks for joining us!, Tiki Cutie and THOR-thanks for coming out! We'll figure out the parallel universe thing for next time so you can join us! : ) Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most awesome KIRBY! I hope you and Miss Polly had a great time! : )

Whew!. . . If I forgot anyone, send me a message and I'll buy ya a drink next time. : )

Also, for all of you that didn't make it out, or didn't grab a flyer, we revealed the amazing mystery artist for the next TONGA HUT ART SHOW-Friday March 16th!

JUST TWO WEEKS AWAY! TELL A FRIEND AND SAVE THE DATE FOLKS!

Also. . .the NEXT Tonga Hut TIKI NIGHT will be Saturday, March 16th. . . The theme will be BLUE HAWAII. . .more on that later!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 7:46 pm   Permalink

Kudos to you guys for not only saving, but giving a 4-star resto to the Tonga Hut.
You've really brought the scene back to stellar quality. Libby and I will be there, along with our "straw-bending-artist-extraordinare", DaveJ. (a blackbelt, so OjaiTimo doesn't have to worry about getting clubbed if he joins us for libations at our booth).

Last Tiki Night I was totally jazzed to hear the DJ suddenly spin-up a cover of John Barry's "The Golden Horn" from "From Russia With Love". Oooo. You can't get that kind of sonic eclectica just anywhere.

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 10:17 pm   Permalink

A few more pics from Tonga Hut. Mahalo to the SoCal Ohana. Without a doubt you guys you how to party. Thanks Suzie and everyone behind the bar for making up some great drinks.

Polly, Grog, Cheekygirl

Boris and Squid

Cheekygirl and Steve

Polly and Grog

You can actually see the bar. Must have been early

Jen & Melanie

It was also outpatient night at Tonga, so lots of fun for everyone

Jen and Liitle Lost Tiki

Grog shot

Melanie, Boris and WooHoo

Libby, Son of Kelbo and Dave

Shaka Kirby

Soccer and WooHoo

paparazzi everywhere

What a night

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation