FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » WAITIKI records again! It's official.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
WAITIKI records again! It's official.
waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-02 11:44 am   Permalink

Okonkuluku fans!

WAITIKI is recording it's second album next week ! In honor of that , we'd like everybody to mix their finest grog in their finest Approved Containers (oogamooga if ya aint got one) and bwana a toast to us. Your okonkulukulian blessings will go far in creating fine new exotica sounds!

Axoltol,
WAITIKI

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 11:56 am   Permalink

Woo hoo! Still waiting for the "Live from the Lono Lounge" album but this one will keep me busy 'til then.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 3:58 pm   Permalink

I was planning on mixing up a DTB Zombie tonight and now I have a reason. Best of luck in the studio!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 7:31 pm   Permalink

Seeing as how I'm home sick right now, I'll mix up my next batch of TheraFlu in my Mai Kai rum barrel and toast my favorite husbands in Okonkulu in honor of your newest musical offspring.
Congrats!!

F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 03:15 am   Permalink

can't wait for a new album. I'll mix a few drinks in your honor...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 4:08 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!!!!

Any Denny, Lyman or Baxter covers?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 6:39 pm   Permalink

Yeah, cmon... give us some hints -
Looking forward to it......VERY MUCH!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 05:29 am   Permalink

YES ... two Martin Denny covers, one Arthur Lyman cover. One ethnographic song about Sumotori (their eating habits and sexual preferences), sung partially with solmization dating back to 11th century French monks; a nice lilt'n tune about pineapples and plamingos; various appearances by WAITIKI's own violinyitarist Mistress Helenini; and a number of other surprises you'll have to wait and hear!!!

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 05:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-11 05:29, professahhummingflowah wrote:
YES ... two Martin Denny covers, one Arthur Lyman cover.

I don't think either of the Denny covers have been done by other artists, yet. (i.e., we didn't cover "Quiet Village" ... oh wait, maybe we did ... I seem to remember playing the bass line).

One of the Denny covers was written originally by Si Zentner, I think. And the other Denny cover is one of his more random tunes (i.e., not a chachacha), but classic exotica nonetheless! We've been playing both since Waitiki first started, so chances are, if you've seen us live, you've heard one or both.

The Lyman cover ... we have an original Prof Humming Flowah tune that segues into it.

OK, that's enough hints for now... anyone who wants to guess what tunes these are, holla back.

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 11:05 am   Permalink

AWESOME!!

If you are talking about the Martin Denny/Si Zentner collaboration album called "Exotica Suite" all the songs were actually written by Les Baxter. It wouldn't be the track "Tiki" would it? That's a good one. Actually the whole album is essential.

Here's a picture...................

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-11 11:40 am   Permalink

it just may be....yo”

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 3:53 pm   Permalink

Also on this record are the debut composition from the Mayor himself, featuring a subject matter near and dear to us, and seen on the first record: " "

And, Mr. Ho (that's me!) has written 3 new tunes - a lymanesque one, plus two other wacky ones - reggaeton baby! Oh wait....and a cocktail medley song - a series of "drinking songs" okonkulukulian style. like your parents used to listen to!

ENjoy the disc...oh wait you can't yet.

mr. ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 3:58 pm   Permalink

You guys should take some pics "in the studio" - I know I'd love to see em

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 4:47 pm   Permalink

here's to waitiki!

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 10:28 am   Permalink

Dinner! Grog! Approved Containers! Medford's finest:

PFH and The Mayor review my taiko drum take on Sumotori Sumopop:

Dessert!

...always "bookend" your work with appropriate tiki drinks.

mr. ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation