FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hula Hula Happy Hour ~ Third Thursdays ~ Seattle
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hula Hula Happy Hour ~ Third Thursdays ~ Seattle
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-02 12:45 pm   Permalink

Hula Hula
106 1st N
Seattle, WA 98109

I propose a handy mnemonic ~ The Third Thursday~ to meet up after work (6-ish)

What luck, our first Happy Hour, February 15 ~ Tiki Central pal TekoTeko will be in town.

see you there!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 5:21 pm   Permalink

I have a post that I would link to this one if I knew how. Anyway, we're heading up and would enjoy seeing some NW TCers especially since we can't make the TikiKon. Trader Vic's, Hula Hula...it's all good.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 6:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Folks!
A special thanks to dogbytes (and Mr. Bytes) for supporting Hula Hula and suggesting another rendezvous. I'm taking off work that day to come in and tantalise the musical tastebuds of the attending local and (out of town) Lounge & Tiki Ohana, from 6pm to 9pm (possibly later). I'll be playing a mix of 1950s-early '70s Lounge, Exotica, Easy Listening, Pop Jazz, Soundtrack themes and cuts, Latin, Spy & Sleuth, Calypso, Hawaiian, Polyester Lounge, and Surf.

Currently Hula Hula does not have a Happy Hour menu or dinks (as far as I know), but the well drinks are $4 all night and each day, and for you beer imbibers, there's the $2 PBRs.

Hope to see you there!

Okole Maluna!

[ This Message was edited by: DJ Terence Gunn 2007-03-12 10:04 ]

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 6:15 pm   Permalink

I'm coming and I'm going to wear a really loud shirt! Bringing two wahines too. If they start doing the splits, let me know cause that's generally time to leave.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 9:12 pm   Permalink

I'm coming too! Man I'm so excited about everything, mainly meeting everyone, checking out the rectangular bar, breathing clean air, you know, every day stuff!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
TT

(I really am looking forward to meeting everyone, but let it be known that Mrs. Bytes said she'd kill me, chop me up, barbeque me korean style, and tell woofmutt I was a bowl full of pork ribs...I don't post a lot )

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-12 9:14 pm   Permalink

oh how i wish my home bar was back in place..all these fun out of town guests!

see you all at Hula Hula on Thursday!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 09:21 am   Permalink

I'll be there too!
Wheeeeee
PEa

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 3:53 pm   Permalink

see you all tonight!!

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 4:03 pm   Permalink

I'll be there round 5:30
(hopefully they are open...)

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJ Terence Gunn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 4:32 pm   Permalink

What fun! A big thanks to all who attended and made the evening so enjoyable.

View Profile of DJ Terence Gunn Send a personal message to DJ Terence Gunn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

It was just great meeting such pleasant Tikiphiles last night. See you all next time!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 8:21 pm   Permalink

Ok, well I said I had retired from covering NW Tiki Events with my camera due to the fact that it's time consuming, but I can't resist adding a couple of photos from last night because I swear I saw little tears in Monkeyskulll's eyes when he heard my pronouncement.

Rumour has it that Mr. Dogbytes and Monkeyskull look alike so this is my effort to get them to look like one of those vintage Album covers that were kind of cheesy in nature. My models were all too willing to participate.

At first the models were unsure:

Still not "loose" enough:

Ahh now they're getting into it, even sending messages:

What on earth do they see down there?

If I could have just gotten Monkeyskull to focus long enough to cross his
hands like Mr. Dogbytes "Polynesian Dreaming" could have been a big hit.
But you know how models are...

Monkeyskull really nails the model look in this one:

Seriously serious about getting the shot:

Here Monkeyskull spoils the fun by telling Mr. Dogbytes that he's going solo on his next album:

Officially retired now. :::: hands camera to Teko Teko ::::

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

I don't want to be overly critical, but it's curious how only the above, of all the shots, truly captures the gravitas of the evening. That is, with the possible exception of the impression that a hula girl is pulling out my brains and fashioning them into a some kind of revolting gray matter lei.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:21 am   Permalink

i leave you kids alone for just a few moments, and look what happens!! thank goodness Exoticat was there to photodocument your shenannigans.

hey, a special thanks to Keigs & Heather, Lori & Carrie, TekoTeko & MomTeko, Mr & Mrs Tikibars & Sandra and all the TC'ers who made it such a great evening!!

monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 02:12 am   Permalink

BTW, I had a swell time at 4H last night and want to thank everyone who came out (even those who only did so because they took the wrong bus.)

Oh, and FYI, I'm quite sure the photo below was taken during Poi Polloi's bizarre and disturbing "Glow Stick Dance."
Quote:

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation