FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts soon available!! new! shrunken heads (not the mugs). LATEST PICTURES PER REQUEST!!!! PG.2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
soon available!! new! shrunken heads (not the mugs). LATEST PICTURES PER REQUEST!!!! PG.2
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 04:26 am   Permalink

Thor, they are amazing. They jsut look so real.

Be sure to let us know when they're finished and ready for sale.

Mahalo

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 08:55 am   Permalink

You got it Kon-Hemsby!!

I am thinking of seveal versions that will be a range in price. There will be a very basic, simply adorned version and perhaps a very grand cerimonial version with more parrrot feathers and hand made beads. I will keep ya all posted...now I am back to painting!!

Mahalo!! THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 2:12 pm   Permalink

How about customised heads? Id love a shrunken head of my own head to freak people out! You could even do celebrity shrunken heads... hahahaha

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 7:09 pm   Permalink

HEY HEWEY!!!

Custom heads might be a bit pricey for some if I were to do that..considering the time it takes to sculpt an original and then make molds and casting..etc. I could do these full time they are so fun..but my Hawaii publishers would give up on me for sure!! Haa My painting schedule for this year is off the chart.

I have thought of doing a few celebs but was not sure which would fit the bill best. One I was dieing to do..because sewing his lips would be so much fun is Mick Jagger!! Also a classic English Explorer of some sort that was in the wrong place at the right time.

Great suggestions Hewey!! Hope all is well with you and your projects!!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-07 7:28 pm   Permalink

Is it sooooo wrong to be excited about these? I know I am...dang spooky Thor, me likey-lotZ

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiriffic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-08 7:37 pm   Permalink

I love these, I cant wait!

View Profile of tikiriffic Send a personal message to tikiriffic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 8:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks tikiriffic and TravelingJones!!

I just got all my exotic parrot feathers I won on ebay!! These will add some really cool color and authentic detail to these heads!! I will try to get a few done in the next week or so when I take a breather from my painting responsibilities!!

Have a great week!!!

VoodooTrucker13
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-18 10:05 am   Permalink

Those are insanely realistic. Better then the ones they used to sell at Ripley's Believe it or not!

View Profile of VoodooTrucker13 Send a personal message to VoodooTrucker13  Email VoodooTrucker13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

..i think you should have modeled them after someone other than don rickles....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 8:01 pm   Permalink

Excellent, Freeky lookin Stuff Thor. almost too real looking. I'd hate to wake up and see one of these guys, I'm not sure if I would shoot it and run or shoot it over and over,. Either way, I would Shoot it for sure!
I Likee.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 9:52 pm   Permalink

HAAAAAAA I am CRAKIN UP TIPSEY!! The lense on the camera distorts the face a bit..and ..in this picture It DOES look like Don Rickles!!! HAaaaa Now if we could only shut up Don's mouth from all the insults as easily as a shrunken head!!! HAAA

I made a mold of the head and it's now cast and painted..looks really real! I can now make dozens of this one. I will sculpt another soon that will be even better based on more study of actual heads. I will bring some of these to upcoming shows we will be exhibiting in this year!

HI BENZ!!! I will make one for you to shoot!!! HAaaa Better yet, if you do a few "shooters" of 151..they talk to ya at midnight!!..or try to...the stiches get in the way a wee bit!!!

Aloha!! Thor

2/22/07 I have recieved a bunch of private messages asking for more info on price and latest photos. I took these this morning of the one I did and shared in the sculpey stage before casting and paint. See below!! Feathers are actual Amazon parrot. I do these late at night after my other work..not sure of prices..they will vary based on detail. I am terrible at remebering to sign in here and check private messages so it's better to post responses here!!!! Sorry for just getting back to some of you now.

Aloha!! THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2007-02-22 11:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2007-02-22 11:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2007-02-22 11:25 ]

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 3:33 pm   Permalink

Hey FreddieBallsomic!!

You wrote me as well in my personal messages!! Here are the pics!

~Thor

TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-22 4:48 pm   Permalink

DANG Thor, does it mumble or grunt when you poke it with your finger? Does it smell like fried chicken? Is it squishy like dead puffer...?
-AND is it "food safe"?

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 4:53 pm   Permalink

Those look, great, T!! Cant wait to get my hands on one. fB

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 11:53 am   Permalink

K Freddie!! TravelinJones.... I think I need to make the beef jerky version for you..it will satisy all your senses!! LOL!

~~ Thor

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation