FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 08:47 am   Permalink

well, here's a few to start things off. i was getting cought up with resizing for a while, thinking they should show up smaller.
looking over all the great work in these threads has really inspired me to be thinking of carving/techniques/styles these last two days. i can see these forums will become a great new source for me. won't feel alone in it (as i have sometimes)when i know i can post 'in progress' shots anytime, get differant perspectives, advise, etc. maybe even meet and visit some of you in fl.
thanks for the warm welcome!

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-05-22 20:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-06-27 19:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-07-28 14:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-08-10 19:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-08-16 06:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-08-18 12:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-09-04 19:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2008-03-07 23:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2008-06-09 20:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2009-05-08 12:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2009-05-29 15:44 ]

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 09:50 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC! You have some really great tikis here! I like the teeth on those guys, how did you do that? Did you round out the wood and then paint them? I really like that second picture. It looks like the one on the right is saying to the other one, "Wait, stay completely still, if you don't move they won't see us!" Ha Ha You have a lot of nice detail in there. I like the moko on the left guy's face. Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 09:59 am   Permalink

hey Zaya- thanks a lot! yea,i have to be carefull when those two get together! the teeth on that one are shell. i just recently took the time to gather a bucket full of the little critters. takes longer than i like! i just bore out a shallow root hole for each, then cement them into place. cool effect. like the idea of incorperating ocean objects into these guys.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 10:00 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC from one of your fellow FL ohana. Your tikis are great - strong, deep cuts - unusual frist many peoples firsts. You will definatley fit in around here and find that Florida is full of more tiki than you think. keep the pictures comin.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 10:35 am   Permalink

Very strong Tikis you got there! I like your style, Congrats!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-04 10:41 am   Permalink

Very nice....and I like those shell teeth. They look quite comfortable in their tropical fauna.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 10:43 am   Permalink

welcome! you got some great tikis going for you there. they are gonna be quite the hit on TC here. really hope to see more soon. great work.
i think you will find it pretty welcoming here

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 11:15 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC !!! Your style is very strong and like Aloha said, your cuts are nice and seep. Keep em coming. We swing through St Pete one a month or so to go to the VIP for texmex (on Treasure Island). Should hook up sometime.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 12:01 pm   Permalink

thanks everyone! what a supportive crowd! i regret not trying out tc afew yrs ago when first discovering this and kona kai. i only just recently started to actualy look into it. i do that a lot.
anyway, thanks all for the great words and warm welcome! i don't want to mislead anyone; some of the tikis in those shots are a couple of yrs old. i'll put some others up this evening, but can't wait to start the next to share some in progress.
Mctiki, the vip lounge is a great place for the texmex and drinks. i'd be thrilled to join you sometime. mahalo all!

Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 1:24 pm   Permalink

Nice carvings! Keep them coming.

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 6:11 pm   Permalink

Looks pretty cool man welcome to TC

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 10:32 am   Permalink

thanks, guys.
i just started a cook fisherman/marq type of little guy today. a bit cold out, and started raining. i'll get back on it later and get some shots up of it this week.

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 11:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 10:32, greentikipat wrote:
i just started a cook fisherman/marq type of little guy today

COOl.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 12:25 pm   Permalink

Yeah it's too cold to carve today. I'm glad you were able to post your pictures. Welcome to TC, like they said, You'll fit right in around here. Just don't be bashful with the foto's shoot lots of progress shots and post'em all! Excellent tikis, how many have you carved so far? You aren't afraid to go deep and that's good, just don't go deep because you are unable to fix the bottoms of your lines. Looks real good. Love the teeth too. Got tiki? Got More? Got More Tiki?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 1:56 pm   Permalink

wow i was just about to post a new one with pics and all, when my computer just went blank, then resarted. that's never happened before.
so i'll see if i can remember what i wrote.
thanks, Benz and Ben.
yea, i've been thinking about my depth latety. i've always liked a lot of depth in any 3-d art. but too much of any one thing-when not balanced with the other things-always stands out. so since i've got depth, i can focus on line and surface now. how many tikis? never really added them up till now. but i guess just under 20. doesn't seem like much! especially for the 5 yrs since i started. but i would go sometimes 6 mos without before. half that amount has been in this past year, though, without much slowing down in the future.
so here's some more tikis-

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation