FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 01:16 am   Permalink

Madness! I forgot to comment post-tatau - that is hands-down the most badass pokerwork I've seen on a tiki. The hair is totally creeping me out, which adds to the impact. Great work Pat!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 02:02 am   Permalink

tiki freak 1-thanks!!-those final details took almost as long as the carving!
seeksurf-mahalo muchas man!!
savage daddy-thanks much!!-proud of it- what next.....
kahu- Kahu~

seriuosly-

so cool..

mahalo nui for such a cool compliment!!!! -means a lot to me!!!
tiki duddy-thanks/mahalo T.D.!!been keepin an eye on your stuff~keep it comin, man!!!!
Benzart da man~~ thanks my friend, my buddy jd is enthralled with his winnings~and i'm a bit jealous-(he's such a bastard!!) so good to have seen you guys again and to have interrupted you a few times;) so a chop party here next year?(maybe at the electric tiki where you guys can get those markings?!?) yeeaaa---
paipo- madness ensues! i've spent a good 2 hrs on your myspace tonight drinking good saki and listening/watching your slideshow while also watching the lightning/thunder storm come in from the s/e across tampa bay. what a trip!!! i'm fueled up for a fortnight!!(too bad i gotta work tomorrow!)mahalo nui brah!!!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 6:05 pm   Permalink

Where you at Pat? Show us what you've been up to. Carvings, paintings, tattoos ?
It's been too long and the natives are getting restless.

Savage Daddy
www.savagedaddy.webs.com

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 11:57 am   Permalink

not sure what's up with this thread-had a bit of trouble finding it. have a warning code throughout it. do i offend? sure i would have got a pm concerning if so. let me know what you guys see?
here's some newer pieces-

the last shot was in the shop.
this next one is much further along than these show, but still unfinished as i kind of lost interest in it. ended up taking away too much material and quality of palm deep in is worse than i thought. oh well, i'll end up doing something with it.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 12:02 pm   Permalink

whoops- hit the wrong button- just a couple more here-

i'll get some more pics of this threesome- deserves to be finished into something!
i just started a Tangaroa type the other day- all with a lancelot- anyone use this deathtool before? mahalos to all- i'll post more soon.

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 12:41 pm   Permalink

well i thought i had a stone carving thread, but cannot find it. time to consolidate anyhow. here's the two beach pebbles from the past couple weeks. the marq was 3 nights, and the little hei girl was 2. both need some finishing. both i feel where over-worked. oh-well. still diggin em and have plenty more pebbles.

hope you like!

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-08 11:57, greentikipat wrote:
not sure what's up with this thread-had a bit of trouble finding it. have a warning code throughout it. do i offend? sure i would have got a pm concerning if so. let me know what you guys see?
here's some newer pieces-

I see a bunch of awesome new work.

The three headed one is cool. Is it a small table? Stool?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 2:01 pm   Permalink

hey BIGT- thanks, man! it was supposed to be a kava/scorpion type of bowl for whatever usage, and still will be at some point, but minus the actual bowl space i intended. you'll see on the newer shots; an idea i've had for a long time, but won't see fruition until the next attempt. mahalo!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 2:34 pm   Permalink

Pat, glad you're back again!! I've always liked your style and have been missing your work? No offending on this end!! How's the new shop?

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 4:18 pm   Permalink

hey tikifreak! good to be back! yea, the code that was all over my thread when i first dug it up and dusted it off was weird to me and the only words within it where 'warning' and something else that led me to think CENSORSHIP! oh, some of the pics wouldn't come up. you know, tiki's tikis and such. but all is running smooth now! the shop is coming along well, will have a thread for it soon- still some painting, bamboo trim and permanent signs to put up, some thatching here and there; stuff like that. this is the second location since starting the business a year ago. first place was too high-end for the timing and locale. lost too much of my regular clientele over the winter with all the economy slow-down and all. so found a bit of a cozier spot up the road for about half the rent, with all the potential for walk-in customers. the previous spot was a hard to find private studio. guess i could post a couple shots here- no one would complain much, right?

this white room will be painted a burned orange and rusty red this week then more bamboo to go up with thatched awnings all around.

there you have it! probably way more than you were asking for!! i'll make a full thread for it soon as most of the work is done, probably 2 or 3 weeks.
thanks for asking, tikifreak!

Savage Daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-08 4:39 pm   Permalink

Welcome back Pat! I was worried we might not hear from you again. Your new stuff is looking great and so is your shop. I look forward to seeing more of your tattoo work also.

View Profile of Savage Daddy Send a personal message to Savage Daddy  Email Savage Daddy Goto the website of Savage Daddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 04:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

hope you like!

YES I LIKE!

Very cool shop/carve/wood/stone/paint/tatoo!!!!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 08:35 am   Permalink

G-pat, REALLY Nice to see you back and with new goodies Too!. Love your Shop, Very nicely tikified. Love your new stuff too, you did an Excellent job with the stones and I don't see them "Overworked" at All.
Hope All is well wit you.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 10:03 am   Permalink

thanks guys! always good to be back.
Hey Savage Daddy, thanks for the welcome and the wondering while i was aloof. i may wander off every year, but i'll always make it back. i tried going to your website yesterday but my computer couldn't handle it. i'll try today without so many tabs open. mahalo nui for all your cool support!
laojia- thanks a lot! that little one will be finished this weekend.
Benz my man! today i will be tackling your thread, as i know i'll need a lot of time to catch up on it all. thanks very much for all! the shop is coming along pretty well. the over-working i felt was in the details. having too much of it in too small an area. being a lover of detail, it's always been one of my down falls at first in any medium. the eyes of the marq-type i wish i had left smooth. the angles and surfaces were really nice-as soon as i made the first etchings on one, i knew i'd gone too far. no mistakes, though- only new options. with the hei type, i just created more detail than i was ready for on a small piece. oh-well, that's what practice is for- right? they'll be fine when they're done. we're doing good, 1st grade's almost over already. Lexine hangs here at the shop with me sometimes, but i still can't get her to finish any tattoos for me yet!! talk with you soon,

i took some pics today of two wood pieces half-done -the kava bowl and the tangy type i started last tuesday. i'll post them in a bit. cheers!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-09 10:24 am   Permalink

Pat!
Dude! Welcome back to the land of the living!
Love that Marquesan! Walls look TIGHT!
any new paintings?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation