FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ Thanks for Playing! Lyric Contest Winners Announced!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Thanks for Playing! Lyric Contest Winners Announced!
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 11:11 am   Permalink

I will be making my first visits to Damonís and the Tonga Hut on Saturday, February 24th as part of a SoCal roadtrip. In an attempt to bribe some of the local TC ohana to join me, Iím having a couple of contests.

ďJenTikiís Roadtrip to SoCal - Contest #1Ē

The Prize
The 1st place winner of the contest will have their choice of the following prizes:
- a NIB Forbidden Island Tiki Mug, based on FIís logo tiki, designed by Tiki Diablo and produced by Tiki Farm! (Check out my Ooga-Mooga page for a pic of the mug.)
- a Forbidden Island T-shirt available in menís or womenís styles and a huge range of sizes (you can find pics of the shirt being modeled by the lovely Sonya in
this thread)
The 2nd place winner gets whichever prize the 1st place winner doesnít choose.

The Contest
Design a poster/flyer promoting JenTikiís visit to, and Kirbyís Birthday celebration at the Tonga Hut on 2/24. It must mention the following information:
- The date
- The place
- at least 2 of these three simultaneous events: Kirbyís birthday celebration, JenTikiís 1st visit to the Tonga Hut, TC Night

The Deadline
Entries must be posted on this thread by 11:59pm PST, Thursday, 2/8.

The Judging Criteria
Make me laugh, make me cry, donít make me hurl! Basically, Iíll choose whatever I like for whatever reason I like it! Itís my thread, I get to do what I want!

The Catch
The winners must be present at either the Tonga Hut, or at Damonís for the pre-Tonga Hut dinner get together, on February 24th to collect their prizes. No proxies will be allowed. Be there, or forfeit your prize!

For those of you without graphic design/artistic inclinations, there will be a non-photoshop contest following the completion of this one with equally fabulous prizes!

Good luck and have fun!!!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2007-02-22 09:58 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 1:08 pm   Permalink

Yay! Another Contest! Welcome to OC Jentiki! We'll try to make your visit as painless as possible! Just stay out of GROG's way! Especially if it's cold outside (see below)
OKAY!
Somebody's gotta get the ball rolling! First Tonga Hut Flyer entry present for duty,SIR!!!!!

Gentlemen...Boot up your Computers!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 1:43 pm   Permalink

SECOND FLYER DONE!
No competition so far,eh?
This one I created with Kirby in mind...

C'mon you Lazybones! let's see some flyers!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 1:50 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Kirby!! I know it's early but what the hell. I believe I'll be in that neck of the woods that weekend so I hope to stop by and share some aloha.

Marchercizing-it's good for the soul!! Thank God for 7-11, or exclusive, significant cultural leaps forward like this would never happen.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 13:50, alohacurrent wrote:

I believe I'll be in that neck of the woods that weekend so I hope to stop by and share some aloha.

I hope you can join us! It would be nice to have a face from "home" there too!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 2:33 pm   Permalink

Does 7-11 sell gift cards? Does anybody know?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 2:41 pm   Permalink

You guys aren't really going to let Dead Kenny win this one are you? Let's see what some real Live artists can whip up!

By the way, sucking up to the judge is highly encouraged!

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 2:46 pm   Permalink

You know I am going to hold off with the gift card from 7-11. We haven't heard from Kirby in 26 days. What's up?
Kirby? KIRBY? Kirbyroni where are you? Kerbers?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 4:35 pm   Permalink

What? Are you all Lazy? Can't skate at work like the master? C'mon folks!
More Flyers!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 6:09 pm   Permalink

Oh my tiki! Just how young are you in that pic Little Lost Tiki?!? That must've been way back in the 20th century!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 6:34 pm   Permalink

Would have entered had I been able to pick up a prize...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 9:43 pm   Permalink

Hil im still around... Ive been hard at work on the new bar stools for the tonga hut mini bar.... I cant wait for my big birfdayparty/jensvisit/TC night at the tonga hut...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 9:46 pm   Permalink

I agree wil kinney... more flyers...dont let kinney win,his photoshop sucks....

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 10:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 21:46, kirby wrote:
I agree wil kinney... more flyers...dont let kinney win,his photoshop sucks....

And where's your entry Birfday Boy? You too can win fabulous prizes!!

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-05 11:23 pm   Permalink

Jen you always make me laugh! omg Kinny I can't even compete wif yer fotoshop skells an stuf.. I wel be thar tho! Jen"s Coming to town & Kirby's B.D. HipHiPaHuaLA!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation