FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts AtomicTonyTiki's Artwork Thread - new stuff on page 7
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
AtomicTonyTiki's Artwork Thread - new stuff on page 7
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 3:00 pm   Permalink

I have been doing some castings using plasticine, vinyl molding compound and plaster..

My "Wee Drunkin' Tiki" which i had in the London Luau Artshow..

I found a lovely piece of fake wood which i put a tiki on, then i covered it in the boiling vinyl, which melted the plastic and i was left with this rather deformed tiki casting..

and a bunch of Tiki's I had drawn in my sketchbook finally worked up into a full sized image.
Its great once you get out of the midwinter funk.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-04 06:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-06 15:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2010-11-19 23:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2011-11-22 01:06 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 12:47 am   Permalink

Nice work Tony. Love the painting.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 03:58 am   Permalink

That is a nice sketch/computer painting and I love the castings.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-06 05:29 am   Permalink

Love the sketch....very cool.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 06:05 am   Permalink

Cool pic and anything esle too. I was just thinking of a anchor on a tikis arm just a couple a days ago. Wheres the ship on his chest though

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 09:14 am   Permalink

He hasn't sailed around Cape Horn obviously, just the Atlantic ocean.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 3:57 pm   Permalink

Nice work Tony! i love the painting! The sides look like a Viking Ship! The castings look sweet too! Especially the melted one! He looks kind of screwey!!! And those button eyes crack me up!!! Way Cool!Keep up the great art!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-11 1:19 pm   Permalink

So apart from knocking up a bunch of tiki mug designs for the TikiFarm competition, I've just spent the last couple of days creating this piece, "Captain Hold-Fast and his Steam Submarine".

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2008-09-14 07:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-06 15:09 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-11 8:04 pm   Permalink

Nice job yet again matey! The rusty patched up subship U-14 is Classic! And the HOLD FAST on the green bloke's knuckles are spot-on!Love your feeble genius brain and all the ideas pouring out of it! Thanks so much for letting us get peeks at some of this great work! you got a website? Hope so! keep up the Excellent stuff! Do you always draw the blackline then color it in with computer? I say that because You NEED to be doing some big canvases with these guys on them! Bravo! thanks for making me grin like an art-infused idiot!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 1:25 pm   Permalink

My first sea tiki picture fixed up and looking better.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2007-03-12 13:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2008-09-14 07:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-06 15:16 ]

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 1:28 pm   Permalink

I really dig those paintings. Are you using Photoshop, Illustrator, comibinations of different programs????

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 2:55 pm   Permalink

Well little lost tiki & surf-n-turf, what I do is doodle some ideas in my sketchbook, then when i have the concept, I draw the various components of the piece. On the tiki sub I drew the coning tower, the tiki man, and the various waves separately, then I scan them and take them to photoshop.
I then arrange them, resize, crop and remove any parts of the drawings i don't like. On the sub I grabbed lots of images of rust, cut them up and layered them to provide the texture. Finally I colour the image, adding shading, shadows and generally tidy up the image.

I'm planning on getting these images giclee printed on canvas as soon as I can find a cheap printer (or someone who'll do it trade price through my work)I think they'll look nice all printed up with nice frames.

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 2:59 pm   Permalink

Did that Submarine say "U-14" on it?.....meaning it's part of the Kriegsmarine? oh wow. The germans drafted Tikis now?? wow.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 3:19 pm   Permalink

I was going to have a more stormy look to the picture because when i think about a submarine running on the surface, I think of Das Boot and them running the straits of Gilbralta in a storm. So I just added U-14 because 14 is my lucky number and I thought all subs have the preface U (although if my little brother the submariner heard that he'd probably give me hell).

Funnily I checked U14 and it did reconnaissance of Scapa Flow and Orkneys in September 1939, and I grew up on the shores of Scapa Flow.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 4:00 pm   Permalink

Your little brother is the Submariner? Cool! I used to read about him and the Fantastic Four when i was a wee one!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation