FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts AtomicTonyTiki's Artwork Thread - new stuff on page 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
AtomicTonyTiki's Artwork Thread - new stuff on page 7
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 12:43 pm   Permalink

So I have done another painting, a lovely big one this time, I'm really enjoying painting again. I've blogged the creation of the picture HERE.

To Murder a Menehune

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2011-11-22 00:58 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 07:58 am   Permalink

A few more painting I have finished, first this three headed Maori monster painting..

and my contribution to the "Call of Cthulhula" that swept the UK tiki artists last week.

The Call of Cthul-HULA

and as before I've paint-blogged their creation
HERE.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2011-11-22 01:01 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 08:03 am   Permalink

Those evil cultists sure know how to party! Awesome paintings, they "almost" look like 'puterized compositions... if I take my glasses off and squint a lot. Great detail.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:07 pm   Permalink

NEATO!

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-24 08:03, TikiMango wrote:
they "almost" look like 'puterized compositions...

I think that's because I've spent years using the computer to make images, I created the central figure in the latter picture on the computer and then traced it across using grids..

...and then I ruthlessly plundered The Book of the Tiki for the background, the painting worked out well for just practicing different painting styles.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-01-21 01:47 ]

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:40 pm   Permalink

oops double post

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2008-11-29 14:08 ]

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 2:12 pm   Permalink

Well Pirates are on the rise again in Somalia and at Tiki Farm as Captain Hold Fast returns once more but this time in a piratical purple glaze...

www.atomictonytiki.com

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2008-11-29 14:13 ]

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 05:54 am   Permalink

I'm with Howland: neato!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 12:09 pm   Permalink

Ah but Robb you do the cultists so much better in this painting..

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 01:01 am   Permalink

My wee brother gave me one of those Munny to paint, he said "make it tiki" and I did.
The big tooth around its neck is a dog tooth i found in fiji.

tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-22 01:42 am   Permalink

Great work and I love your blog with the step by step progress of your pieces. It's amazing how you start something that looks almost like a pumpkin and then turn it into a Menehune.

Love all of your work!

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 09:02 am   Permalink

Cheers!!

I've been working on a bunch of secret non-tiki pieces for the families Christmas presents which I'll get to post up after the big day.

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-21 01:44 am   Permalink

Doing my bit of Savage Renewal by relinking all the pictures I've ever posted (thankfully excessive posting has never been a trait of mine) and thought I'd post some of those bits of my artwork that have faded into the mists of time..

Some of my earliest plaster tiki heads -
Tiki Head Bas-Relief type fun..

Experimental velvet paintings - 'avin a go at velvet painting

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-06 14:58 ]

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 12:51 pm   Permalink

Last Thursday I had my first ceramics class and started slab building my first handmade tiki mug unfortunately I got carried away and forgot to take a final picture of it before I went home..

and today I started work on a new bas relief plaque to fit in some circular frames I found in a charity store. I finished casting the mold today and will be making the casts later in the week.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 1:31 pm   Permalink

Great plaque there ATT!
Wish you were here in the States with us
Hangin at one of Babalu's ClayJams!

that mug's looking pretty sweet so far!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation