FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Lost Paradise, Vancouver's Waldorf, July 21
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Lost Paradise, Vancouver's Waldorf, July 21
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 3:09 pm   Permalink

Heritage Vancouver & Funhauser Decor are happy to announce:

Lost Paradise - an enchanted day & night in the Polynesian Rooms of the fabulous Waldorf.
Saturday, July 21st, 2007
Tickets $50 - include lectures/dinner/entertainment
Lost Paradise

Finally, an event in Vancouver, Canada!
Vancouver’s last remaining classic Tiki venue will be host to this full day event. This is a fundraiser for Heritage Vancouver, the people that champion endangered venues like the Waldorf. There will be tours and a historic lecture followed by dinner, cocktails and entertainment into the late night. The Polynesian themed rooms will be open for your lounging pleasure. We hope to showcase the Waldorf the way it was meant to be experienced. We also want to profile Vancouver’s Tiki Scene, past & present. Anyone that loves classic venues like this won’t be disappointed, this place is a treasure!

Lectures & Entertainment:

Donald Luxton from Heritage Vancouver will talk about the history of Tiki in Vancouver. His presentation will include historic photos and details about the many venues including Trader Vic's that once flourished in our city.

Tiki Central's Dawn Frasier (aka Sophista-Tiki) will be talking about her Polynesian Americana Museum of Polynesian Pop. Her lecture will cover the concept, logistics and time-line of bringing her dream to reality.

Then it's time for tours of the Waldorf and dinner in the Polynesian Room.

Entertainment follows with Selector Lopaka spinning his Exotica magic in the Tahitian Lounge under the twinkling twilight starred ceiling and velvets by Leeteg.

Meanwhile, downstairs, the Polynesian Lounge will host local surfabilly band The Kon Tikis spiced with some South Pacific themed Burlesque by Shaboobie Boobarella.

For pictures from past events, visit:
waldorf" TARGET="_blank"> 'Holy Crap, It's a Tiki Event in Vancouver' (July 2005)
Sabina's Seven Pleasures Gallery

An important travel note to plan ahead:
If you are planning to come to this event from the U.S. you may require a valid passport. Not so much for entering Canada but for returning home. Anyone entering the U.S. by air requires a valid passport. For Land and Sea, you can still use picture ID. However, it’s been my experience that people with passports are processed faster (U.S. citizens or not).
For more info, visit the U.S. Customs website.

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-02-17 08:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2007-07-06 17:48 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 3:19 pm   Permalink

I'm planning sacrifices to the tiki gods that we'll have Tiki Kon so ready and on target that we can make the trek up there!
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-06 9:34 pm   Permalink

we will be there. passports & colorful canadian money ~ all ready! WALDORF WALDORF WALDORF.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 9:40 pm   Permalink

I'm glad this is happening. I'm doubtful I'll be going...(that oughta boost ticket sales).

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 11:00 pm   Permalink

Americans dont need passports to get into Canada, We only need passports to get into America. Sounds like a good time Pepe.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-07 12:08 pm   Permalink

I thought I would never get to see the Waldorf. Thanks for giving us plenty of advance notice. I can't wait!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 6:48 pm   Permalink

I've been waiting for this ever since the last one. I'm so there.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 8:12 pm   Permalink

I never did post my photos from the summer of 2005 Waldorf excursion. So I'll post a few here to perhaps garner a bit more attention for this great tiki temple:

Downstairs

Upstairs with Lushy

Tiki downstairs

Mask downstairs

Still best not to ask.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 10:20 pm   Permalink

hahaha
Nice Slacks, who is that coconut masked woman, anyhow?

This event I may be able to make it out for, I'm going to try my darnedest!

The Waldorf is an absolute treasure to behold.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 09:17 am   Permalink

I was in Canada a few months ago and went to the Waldorf. They refused to let me into the Tiki Bar. I was disappointed I didn't get to see it.

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 5:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your interest in the event, we'd really love to see you all here for it!! Coupled with Tiki Kon V, it could be a fun NW Tiki excursion!

Just wanted to share this vintage postcard I received from the manager. I thought it was beatiful now!! Still has it's luster but not quite like this..

PS - TikiTrevor sorry to hear about that. It's been difficult in the past to get in. They now have a new manager that seems to realize what they have. You can always join us here on the July 21st for another chance!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 7:52 pm   Permalink

a tiki event in CANADA?!? oh i might have to take a look.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 08:19 am   Permalink

We now have a website! Lost Paradise
Watch for upcoming event info and news...

Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 3:29 pm   Permalink

Those photos are awesome. Oh, we may have to come visit even before the event. The Tikimama and I need a nice weekend in Vancouver, BC.

-=C
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 5:59 pm   Permalink

Great looking site Pepe!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation