FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 6:05 pm   Permalink

some of these are in progress, some are not! tattooing's my dayjob, so any chance i get to tikify, i pounce! wish i had more pics.

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-08-03 20:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-08-08 20:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-09-05 07:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-10-11 17:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: greentikipat 2007-11-11 21:08 ]

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 9:20 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work Greentiki. I especially like the heavy carved wooden tikis/totems & the greenstone Maori hei-tiki - very cool.

Thanks for sharing those. Keep us posted of any more lucky tiki-recipients!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 11:12 pm   Permalink

That tiki 3 down from the top looks like a mesoamerican "earth monster" from Mexico, nice to see "her" with a Marq and a NZ tiki flanking the piece, the naked chick helps too, HA! Nice tats all 'round.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 12:32 am   Permalink

wow, they are some of the best tiki tattoos I have seen.

Fantastic work.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-07 09:25 am   Permalink

I can't wait to see the tattoo thats just outlines finished, its got a great sense of fun about it.
But what F---ing lovely tattoos, you can tell by the design that you really like and understand the nature of tikis.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 11:39 am   Permalink

thanks guys for all the great words.
Tamma-thanks a lot! coming from someone in Aotearoa, your comps on maori work are recieved very well. sorry to be so direct, though not wanting to assume, are you of Maori decent yourself? your stonework (along with others) has been inspiring me to get some new tips for my dremmel and start exploring.
Sneaky and Atomic- thanks much. that client is a big vegas buff, so i wanted his piece to have a 'show' quality to it. and i figured mixing tiki with cthulu would work just fine. they're both oceanic right? throw in some good show music and some pasty-dancing girls, and we've got a real scrifice! we work on that piece again this saturday. i'll post some more pics of it next week.
Kon Hemsby- thank you! i appreciate your supportive words.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-07 11:39, greentikipat wrote:
thanks guys for all the great words.
Tamma-thanks a lot! coming from someone in Aotearoa, your comps on maori work are recieved very well. sorry to be so direct, though not wanting to assume, are you of Maori decent yourself? your stonework (along with others) has been inspiring me to get some new tips for my dremmel and start exploring.

Kia ora GreentikiPat

Credit where credit is due! As Kon-Hemsby says above; these are some of the best tiki-tats Ive ever seen too. I dont suppose you have any needles that will reach this far do you? Id be coming for a visit if I lived any closer (after 10 years I finally showed my mother the Mona Lisa that graces my shoulder, opening the way for MORE...)

Just a 16th-part Maori (but pretty well versed in the Hei-tiki; you have done it proud. I like the originality too. The way you have placed the arms gives a nice feminine feel.

Im sure the change from tattoo gun to Dremmel shouldnt be too difficult for you; just 'shaping' instead of 'shading' those forms. *Remember to pick up the right tool when youve got a punter sitting in your chair though!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 7:16 pm   Permalink

Tama, man- awesome. thank you. wish i could get out there for a guest spot at a local shop. so much to learn.
all those tikis in your thread are incredable. can i start practicing with most any stone?

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-09 08:54 am   Permalink

Awesome Job greentikipat. The first and second picts are my favorites.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 7:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-08 19:16, greentikipat wrote:
can i start practicing with most any stone?

Hey GTP. Have a flick through the 'Stone Carving, Q&A' over in Tiki Carving as well as Paipo's thread (Wicked stuff; highly Tat-worthy though you should probably ask first ). Pretty much any stone has the ability for something. Softer/crumblier stones best perhaps for larger sculptural work, but harder/finer grained stones can be worked surprisingly fine & small. Nephrite jade/greenstone/pounamu is obviously my recommendation, very strong & scratch-resistant, due to its grain & hardness respectively.

Just have a go with whatever you can lay your hands on; you'll soon discover whether or not its worth pursuing (then try jade )

Please show us your results over in Stone Q&A. Im sure a talented hand like yours would produce great work!

Tama

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-09 9:41 pm   Permalink

Those are beautiful...great colors. You are lOOOOOking good!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 6:32 pm   Permalink

thanks guys!
Tama, i got some small pieces from a friend today. a small, flat cutting of jade,a nugget of green turquoise and a nugget of a creamy white stone.(i forget what kind) but i think i'll start whith some river rock from the backyard. just need some tips for the dremmel. i will post something after i've gotten underway.
Tahitiki, thanks a lot. that 1st one's one of my favorites. it's been hard getting her back in for the next session though. one of these days.
VampTiki- thank you soooo much.
i may have some pics up end of week of a tiki sleeve i started a couple years ago. the saturday session was re-scheduled, so hopefully soon on that as well.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 5:56 pm   Permalink

As folks have said, some very nice tatts there Welcome to TC mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 5:52 pm   Permalink

right-on and thanks hewey. awesome to have found such a cool and creative group.
i've had another session on the sacrifice/showgirls piece, but the photos came out horrible. hopefully get some more this weekend. untill then, here's a sketch for a forearm. probably to start next week.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 12:58 am   Permalink

Wow, great artwork. Looks like I better get me a ticket to Florida

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation