FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-22 8:59 pm   Permalink

aloha all- here are some new progress shots of recent sessions. this first one is hawaiian on top, with marquesian below used for extensive cover-up. unfortunatly, he moved out west to finish school.

he was in the middle of healing, so looks a bit rough. last chance i had for any pics, though.
this next one is after our 3rd session. after he got the arm panel, which was a design he brought in, he decided to get the rest. from there on, i've re-designed the chest and shoulder blade panels. we'll also be adding thin sections to the front and back of the bicep areas,to balance out the whole.

well, there we are for now. thanks for looking.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-22 9:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha Pat,

Nice tattoo work, carvings and
other stuff!. Where've you been hiding? Guess I missed it! Shooting you a PM.

Cheers,

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-23 12:43 pm   Permalink

Have you got anymore progress pictures on this tattoo?

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-23 11:21 pm   Permalink

Nice work GreenTiki! The line work on the chest/shoulder/back piece is beautiful.
Is is just a random design or is there specific meaning behind it?
Can't wait to see more!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hawaiiansnowball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-24 12:44 pm   Permalink

the PAIN! Yikes! I have tattoos on my forearms and shoulder and that was fairly painful, well a good kind of pain. But to do a chest full of tiki, the length of time under the needles! Yowzer!

View Profile of hawaiiansnowball Send a personal message to hawaiiansnowball  Email hawaiiansnowball Goto the website of hawaiiansnowball     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 6:56 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot, Aaron. hope my pm helped out a bit.
Atomic,- man, this guy has had to wait a long time for more work. we did get in a session of shading and some color, but the pics were all out of focus, so i haven't used them. i hope there's more soon, i'm chompin at the bit on this one. i'll post as soon as they're available.
Tikiroyal- thanks very much. aside from the collector's love of surfing, the ocean, and oceanic art, there's not much specific meaning. just a couple of white guys in florida who have a great appreciation for Maori art.
HawaiianSnowball- yea, that's some sensitive spots, for shure. this guy usually just watches movies and listens to music on his ipod thing. but there were a few spots on top of the shoulder and collar bone that got his attention!
thanks to all for your interest and kind words. mahalo!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-03 8:20 pm   Permalink

aloha all- here's some more on this moari piece, chest panel almost done.

pretty cool, huh? i've started a new comic styled piece; headhunter girl w/tiki on a forearm. failed to get pics, but i'll remedy that real soon. thanks for lookin,-cheers!

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 8:02 pm   Permalink

and here they are!!new sleeve started-will have to deal with a cover up on the shoulder. but one piece of limb at a time! hope you all enjoy!

there's the start, then there's this:

and this is his other arm, started a couple of years ago. actually about three.

we'll get back to that soon with a live birdman in the mix.
next i have some old pics i've decided to post due to the long wait. AtomicTonyTiki, here you go;-and thanks for the inquiries--mahalo!

and last but not least, a pleasant walk-in customer yesterday:

hope all enjoy!! thanks for looking! mahalo all!!!

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 1:56 pm   Permalink

Holy crap! Those are most excellent tats!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 06:43 am   Permalink

thanks suburban! more to come!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 07:36 am   Permalink

G.T.P- Very cool!!! I might have to make a trip down to Florida one day!

Craig

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 4:41 pm   Permalink

craig- thanks very much! come on down anytime, -plenty to do, and i'll give you a great deal on your tattoo.

Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 5:13 pm   Permalink

Wow, I sure do wish you lived closer to me!!! Really nice artwork there.

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 12:55 am   Permalink

Fantastic work.

And having to live with those sort of walk ins must be a real chore!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 5:26 pm   Permalink

Blowfish, thanks a lot. yea, that kind of distance can be tough!
Thanks much Kon-Hemsby; yes, one of the many burdens in this business!
Mahalo,guys!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation