FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ok, so there's Tiki Farm and Munktiki, who else makes Tiki Mugs?
Ok, so there's Tiki Farm and Munktiki, who else makes Tiki Mugs?
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-06 7:03 pm   Permalink

I see that the two big Tiki Mug companies are Tiki Farm and Munktiki... is there any other big companies I'm missing? Is there any great small indie companies that I'm overlooking?

[ This Message was edited by: morbidboy 2007-02-06 19:41 ]

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 8:44 pm   Permalink

Are you asking about only current manufacturers, or defunct ones as well?

Bosko makes some amazing and classic designs.

Dynasty Wholesale still manufacturers a lot of classic designs that were one made by Orchids of Hawaii.

There is also Chiki Tiki, Accoutrements, and Shoenfelds (sp?) which are fairly common, run-of-the-mill stuff.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-07 12:20 am   Permalink

GECKO
TIKI DIABLO
TIKI TONY

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 07:46 am   Permalink

for a complete list, go to Ooga-Mooga, search, Manufactures.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 12:41 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al! Making some of the very best I've seen....

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 3:13 pm   Permalink

Werd!! ^^^What TeaKEY said ^^^

Welcome to TC!!!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 5:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha! I still make Tiki Mugs, Since 2003 (GOTIKI) It's been awhile but back into it! Rum Demon also makes "Home Grown" mugs like I do, They, Husband and Wife "Boyfreind - Girlfriend?" team from Portland, Oregan, Sell their creations on E-Bay, Nice Mugs and Designs! As I have and will be doing the same, Gogo
(GOTIKI)

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22879&forum=18

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2007-02-08 17:59 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-09 2:02 pm   Permalink

I second Bosko, Crazy Al, & Rum Demon...

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 07:54 am   Permalink

Does anyone know anything about Clay Art? I have 4 of their mugs that came in a set. Then last year I got a set of salt and pepper shakers and a large plate that are marked Clay Art.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 11:31 am   Permalink

I don't know much... I think they're based out of South San Francisco, and they're more known for cookie jars. They've been around for a while, and their dabbling in tiki items is a more recent venture. My guess is that they've been nudged into tiki by the same market forces that prompted Target to start carrying tiki as seasonal, trendy merchandise.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 10:30 pm   Permalink

Don't forget cheekytiki in the UK.

Making mugs to sell and for the new london tiki bar, mahiki.

Plus they've made my zombie mug and also coming soon, designs from Forbidden Paradise.

www.cheekytiki.com

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation