FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Witco bottle holder?
Witco bottle holder?
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-10 6:52 pm   Permalink

Did witco ever make a bottle case? I found this wooden case ,designed like on the the beatnik king picture, it opens up to reveal a bottle area. It was carved and stained just like a witco too. I think I made out a stamped impression on the bottom "made in spain". I passed on it ($30) just wondering If I passed on a Witco. It was'nt very tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: hula hula on 2003-01-10 18:52 ]

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaD-TiKi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-10 7:27 pm   Permalink

I think the "made in spain" is the answer you are looking for. Glad to help.

MaD-TiKi

View Profile of MaD-TiKi Send a personal message to MaD-TiKi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-11 10:26 am   Permalink

Hey kids! Just because something is or might be Witco (and I am writing a book about it) doesn't mean it can't be crap! Yes, once the book will be out Witco will become MORE collectible, but let your own taste decide if it's cool or not.

Basically all Witco TIKI is cool in my opinion, and most Witco MODERN. But I draw the line at Conquistador and Viking Witco.
Yet, perhaps that is something to discover for the next generation...

And no, Witco never was made in Spain.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-10 9:18 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2003-01-11 10:26, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hey kids! Just because something is or might be Witco (and I am writing a book about it) doesn't mean it can't be crap! Yes, once the book will be out Witco will become MORE collectible, but let your own taste decide if it's cool or not.

----------------------

How's that book coming along Big Bro???

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-17 09:48 am   Permalink

HulaHula!

Does the item you saw match these?

My set.

"Made In Spain" and number ID on bottom of each piece:

Closeup of carving:

Even though they aren't Witco, I have these displayed on my Witco table and they compliment each other well.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-12-22 11:53 am   Permalink

I see small carved boxes and the like made in Spain all the time at the thrift, it seems to be an ongoing style of product made in the region as some appears quite new. It does compliment Witco well.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation