[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine in S.F. 6/21
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine in S.F. 6/21
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-07 2:03 pm   Permalink

It's WooHoo's birthday and we're heading north! Staying at the Fairmont San Francisco Thur-Sun. We would like to hit everywhere possible in those four days/nights! We will have a car waiting for us at the airport, so transportation is no problem.

Some of the places we'd like to hit are: Forbidden Island, Tonga Room, Trader Vic's (S.F., Palo Alto & Emeryville), Tradr Sam, Bamboo Hut, Hawaii West, Conga Lounge, Kona Club, Trader Vic's final resting spot, others???????

Any suggestions on the above (or not mentioned locations???) I think we are meeting a few TC'rs Thursday night at F.I. We're all about meeting up with fellow TC'ers for drinks, etc.!!!

Mucho Mahaloz!!!!!

S.T.

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-02-18 16:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-03-13 11:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-06-18 18:01 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 09:06 am   Permalink

Visit Alcatraz! Very Exotic! It feels just like a jail in the South Seas!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-08 5:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-08 09:06, little lost tiki wrote:
Visit Alcatraz! Very Exotic! It feels just like a jail in the South Seas!

And how would you know that Ken??? Hmmmm???

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 2:04 pm   Permalink

Hey NorCal Ohana,
Let's welcome WooHooWahine and SoccerTiki Bay Area style. I'll be meeting up with them at Forbidden Island on Thursday, 2/15, and at the Tonga Room on Friday, 2/16. It would be great to have a few more of the local folks join them for a cocktail.

SoccerTiki,
Will you be posting your tiki itinerary as it gets nailed down, so the gang knows where to find you?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 3:07 pm   Permalink

If you are going to the Trader Vic's in Palo Alto, which is in the South Peninsula part of the Bay Area (basically a part of Silicon Valley), then you should also check out Martini Monkey at the San Jose airport, and perhaps Smoke Tiki in downtown San Jose as well, since they won't be too far away from the Palo Alto Trader Vic's. Otherwise, that particular Vic's is kind of removed from all of the rest of the tiki action which is primarily in the East Bay and San Francisco.

The drinks at Martini Monkey are definitely worth checking out. The bartender there, Jay, makes some top notch cocktails - some claim that he may be the best bartender in the whole Bay Area!!! If you go to Smoke Tiki, I would avoid going on Friday or Saturday nights, because it will be absolutely over packed with a fake I.D. yielding teenage to early twenty-something hip-hop crowd. I haven't eaten any of their food yet, but I hear that they make some really awesome bbq.

Other than those two places, your list sounds fairly complete. San Francisco Vic's has a great price fix menu, $25 I believe for a 3 course meal, and $5 mai tais! But remember that that their kitchen can close on the early side, especially on a slow night. Make sure to order a Stinker from Lars, he makes them a special way, and they are not to be missed! Palo Alto Vic's has a special on Mai Tai's, and a couple of other drinks I think, during their happy hour - maybe someone else here in the know can elaborate more. Make sure you post when you are going to be at Forbidden Island and other places, that way us Bay Area folks can hook up.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-09 3:52 pm   Permalink

WoooHoooo! Mahalo JenTiki & Mai Tai for all the information. SoccerTiki and I are really looking forward to our Tiki Trek of The Bay Area. Can't wait to meet everyone from the Northern Californitiki TC Ohana

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-09 4:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-09 14:04, JenTiki wrote:
Hey NorCal Ohana,
Let's welcome WooHooWahine and SoccerTiki Bay Area style. I'll be meeting up with them at Forbidden Island on Thursday, 2/15, and at the Tonga Room on Friday, 2/16. It would be great to have a few more of the local folks join them for a cocktail.

SoccerTiki,
Will you be posting your tiki itinerary as it gets nailed down, so the gang knows where to find you?

JenTiki & all-
As of today we are planning on the Forbidden Island for happy hour and ?? on Thursday (15th) and the Tonga Room on Friday (WooHoo's B-day) for happy hour and dinner and closing the place down. That leaves trader Vic's SF, Trad'r Sams, Trader Vic's Emeryville, Kona Club, Bamboo Hut and the Conga Room as must sees. Maybe we can hit some for lunch??? Does anyone know a good way to group these (by location or "best hours")???

Thanks MaiTai for your suggestions! We may not have time to do Palo Alto this time...We'll be there if at all possible!

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 4:40 pm   Permalink

Just happens I will be working in SF on Thurs, Feb 15, so I will be swinging by Forbidden Island after work. Will be great to really meet up with you two after all this time (kept missing you at Oasis). After all, we are the First, Second, and Third place winners of Tiki Farm's Treasure Hunt awhile ago!!

Happy Birthday in advance, WooHoo!

- Myke

[ This Message was edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-02-13 08:06 ]

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 10:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

That leaves trader Vic's SF, Trad'r Sams, Trader Vic's Emeryville, Kona Club, Bamboo Hut and the Conga Room as must sees. Maybe we can hit some for lunch??? Does anyone know a good way to group these (by location or "best hours")???

You could do Oakland Tiki on Saturday. Vics Emeryville opens pretty early (11am?)You could do lunch there, then head to Kona and Vic's final resting place in the late afternoon. Conga Lounge opens at 5pm and there's happy hour from 5 to 7pm, with discounts on Mai Tais and appetizers. Save your appetite. The pizza served at the Conga is awesome!!
After that, end the evening at Forbidden Island and say hi to Martiki (who may not be there Thursday when you guys visit)
Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 1:55 pm   Permalink

ST & WHW, sounds like a great trip! Mai Tai and I will try to hook up with you at FI.

Conga Mike's suggestion is very good. One other item not previously mentioned, Mountain View cemetery (TV's resting place) is literally down the block from the Kona. You'll need to drive though, because the cemetery is expansive.

From Kona it's less than a 10 minute drive to the Conga Lounge. And yes, their food is good!

From the Conga Lounge it's a 10 minute straight shoot to Forbidden Island. At present, Martiki's usually not at FI Thursdays and Fridays.

Quote:

On 2007-02-10 10:02, Conga Mike wrote:
Quote:

That leaves trader Vic's SF, Trad'r Sams, Trader Vic's Melville, Kona Club, Bamboo Hut and the Conga Room as must sees. Maybe we can hit some for lunch??? Does anyone know a good way to group these (by location or "best hours")???

You could do Oakland Tiki on Saturday. Vics Emeryville opens pretty early (11am?)You could do lunch there, then head to Kona and Vic's final resting place in the late afternoon. Conga Lounge opens at 5pm and there's happy hour from 5 to 7pm, with discounts on Mai Tais and appetizers. Save your appetite. The pizza served at the Conga is awesome!!
After that, end the evening at Forbidden Island and say hi to Martiki (who may not be there Thursday when you guys visit)
Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-10 3:49 pm   Permalink

Conga Mike and Coco Loco... Mucho Mahaloz for the suggestions!!! Looking forward to meeting up with you.

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-11 7:25 pm   Permalink

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/roundup/39575?brand=smx_roundups

WoooHooo! I can't wait

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-02-11 19:30 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-13 12:19 am   Permalink

Ok, here's our itinerary (for anyone interested)...Thursday around 5 at the Forbidden Island then ???... Friday Tonga Room & Hurricane bar around 5 for Happy Hour and dinner @7pm (need to make reservations I'm told)...Saturday lunch at Trader Vic's Emeryville, then over to the cemetery, then to Kona Club and then over to the Conga Lounge (around 5) and then Forbidden Island. That leaves Trader Vic's S.F., Trad'r Sam's and the Bamboo Hut for Sunday. Oh yeah....We gotta squeeze in Alcatraz, a cable car ride, those funny little talking car tours, Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf, Shopping & whatever else sounds fun! We'll sleep when we get back to SoCal!!!

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 10:55 am   Permalink

Just a suggestion: TV SF has an awesome Happy Hour. If it were me, I'd hit Vics up for HH on Friday, dinner at Tonga Room and then head to Trader Sams. Bamboo Hut will be a zoo on Friday night, so best left for late afternoon Sunday - a perfect pit stop after touring.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-13 7:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-13 10:55, Conga Mike wrote:
Just a suggestion: TV SF has an awesome Happy Hour. If it were me, I'd hit Vics up for HH on Friday, dinner at Tonga Room and then head to Trader Sams. Bamboo Hut will be a zoo on Friday night, so best left for late afternoon Sunday - a perfect pit stop after touring.

Thanks Mike!
Ok, we heard that Tonga Room also has a good happy hour....Hey! 3 good happy hours & 4 nights to hit them!!! I think we can do it! Where's the best Happy Hour Sunday nights? (Gee-It sounds like we're planning WooHoo's birthday trip around the bars!?!)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation