FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine in S.F. 6/21
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine in S.F. 6/21
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 2:52 pm   Permalink

Hey guys,

TV SF's food is way better than The Tonga Room fare. Seriously. TV SF also has been running a special of a 3 course meal for $25 w/$5 Mai Tai's.

I'd switch it around: Hitting Trader Sam's around 3:00 on Friday...thus avoiding Friday night traffic in the city, then head to TV SF for happy hour and dinner, then spend the remainder of the evening at the Tonga Room.

Alcatraz tour pier and Fisherman's Wharf are in the same area. On Friday morning, you might want to walk down Nobb Hill, or jump on the cable car down to Union Square shopping area. From there you can take a cable car to within 3 blocks of Fisherman's Wharf.
http://www.sfcablecar.com/routes.html (double check with the concierge to ensure the routes are still correct).

Take the Alcatraz tour, come back, have lunch at the Wharf (dungenous crab, chowder, and sourdough bread yumm!!!) and walk around. If you're really ambitious, you can probably catch a talkie tour in that area. But probably more fun is http://www.allsanfranciscotours.com/body.asp?tour=SFO-CAR01&page=TourDetails.

It's a 5 hour rental, so might be better done on Thursday or Sunday. Anyhow, hope to see ya tomorrow.

Quote:

On 2007-02-13 10:55, Conga Mike wrote:
Just a suggestion: TV SF has an awesome Happy Hour. If it were me, I'd hit Vics up for HH on Friday, dinner at Tonga Room and then head to Trader Sams. Bamboo Hut will be a zoo on Friday night, so best left for late afternoon Sunday - a perfect pit stop after touring.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-14 11:18 pm   Permalink

WOOOHOOO! San Francisco here we come We'll see everyone tomorrow

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 5:06 pm   Permalink

Ok.....Plane was delayed 2.5 hours! Security breach at Oakland Airport!!! No car (reservation cancelled after 2 hours!)

We made it to the Fairmont @ 4:30....going to hit the Tonga Room for drinks at 5:15-7ish then figure out how to get to Forbidden Island....

Anyone wanting to connect with us, we'll keep an eye out! And probably check our pm's around 7....

Cheers!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 6:22 pm   Permalink

Try eating at Nations Burgers...
Good stuff.

You can also go and fly a kite...

Have fun!!!

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna 2007-02-15 18:23 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 8:11 pm   Permalink

Alright! Ready when you are, awaiting your arrival.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-15 20:11, Haole'akamai wrote:
Alright! Ready when you are, awaiting your arrival.

What a beautiful "hostess with the mostess" At the Forbidden Island!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:35 pm   Permalink

The Tonga Room was awe-inspiring!!!!! Very cool!!!

WooHoo found a cool tiki!

Outriggers on the ceiling

The water ambiance

WooHoo and I sharing a lavabowl...Tasty!

More dining room ambiance

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:48 pm   Permalink

The Forbidden Island is Very Tiki!!!!

TikiWineBear, JenTiki, WooHoo and SoccerTiki

Coco Loco and MaiTai joined us for some libations!

Coco Loco was taking lessons on the "Woooo Hoooo!"

The F.I. Crew is top-notch!!! Thanks for the great service and tasty drinks!!!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:50 pm   Permalink

And it's only Thursday!?!?!?!?!?

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:52 pm   Permalink

Mucho Mahalo to JenTiki for being a consumate hostess! We wouldn't have made it to F.I. without you!!!!!

WooooHoooooOOOOOOooooooooo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-16 10:12 am   Permalink

Friday plans..... Trader Vic's for happy hour @ 3:30 (It's only til 5:30) Then to ???? Here's my cell if anyone is interested. 562-500-9800 We are making dinner rezzes for the Tonga Room @ 7:30 for 6+/- (we can add to it I'm sure.) Where ever we end up it'll be a (birthday) party!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-02-16 10:16 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-17 07:55 am   Permalink

Wow!!! What a fun city!!!! After spending the day riding the cable cars and walking around Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square, the San Francisco Shopping Center, Union Square...We made it to S.F. Trader Vic's for happy hour, then took the muni bus to Trad'r Sam (very fun locals bar with a hint of tiki-great scorpion bowls!!!!) then back to Tonga Room for dinner.... The music was exactly wha you'd expect from a lounge type group that performs on a boat in the middle of a lake inside a restaurant while it rains!!! The food was good and the staff was excellent! Everyone from the waiters to the manager bent over to make sure we had a great time!

Today (Saturday) we're off to Trader Vic's Emeryville, Vic's final resting spot, the Kona Club, The Conga Lounge and then maybe back to the Forbidden Island...And mix in a little thrift shopping during the day. Again, anyone wanting to meet up, give me a call!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 7:26 pm   Permalink

Today (Saturday) we're off to Trader Vic's Emeryville, Vic's final resting spot, the Kona Club, The Conga Lounge and then maybe back to the Forbidden Island...And mix in a little thrift shopping during the day. Again, anyone wanting to meet up, give me a call!
----------------

You guys should go to the Kona Club late on Sat. night. Then at closing time head on over to the cemetery! Grab a couple of Ice Blocks, and ride like the wind down the hills! I think Longs down the road is open?

Happy sledding!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-17 9:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-17 19:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
You guys should go to the Kona Club late on Sat. night. Then at closing time head on over to the cemetery! Grab a couple of Ice Blocks, and ride like the wind down the hills! I think Longs down the road is open?

Happy sledding!!

We didn't have time for sledding this trip! But it sounds like fun!!! We did raise a dry Mai-Tai glass in Trader Vic's honor!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-17 9:40 pm   Permalink

Trader Vic's S.F. pics:

One of Vic's own paintings:

WooHoo and I with one of the few tikis in SF TV's

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation