FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine in S.F. 6/21
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine in S.F. 6/21
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-17 9:49 pm   Permalink

Trad'r Sam was next on the agenda:

It was more like your neighborhood dive-bar with a hint of tiki:

WooHoo found another person celebrating his birthday

The Scorpion Bowls were very tasty!!!

A fun dive bar that probably had more of a tiki history in the past!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 08:53 am   Permalink

Saturday started at Trader Vic's Emeryville....Very awesome experience! Too many wonderful artifacts to mention so here are some of the highlights:

We found some Tikis out front to welcome us

Let's go in...

Our host Deborah made sure we felt welcomed!

The Mai-Tai made "the old way" was THE BEST!!!!

Everything was perfect!

We hated to leave, but there were other tiki temples to visit!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 09:10 am   Permalink

Our next stop Saturday was the Kona Club (outfitted by the Notorious Bamboo Ben!)

The lovely Donna awaiting our arrival

She getting hitched in July, so guys, don't even try!

Pele blowing her stack!

I came across this Bamboo Ben Original in a hallway!!! I want it!

ok, gotta get this one in there!

The place felt like home....Great job Ben! A must see in Oakland!!!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 09:22 am   Permalink

Then we made it to the Conga Lounge
to meet up with the owner Mike and his charming wife Denise.

We had no idea what awaited us at the top of the stairs...

It was a very inviting and warm tiki tropical paradise

We hated to leave! The Pizza was fantastic and again, the hosts were top-notch!

Mike & Denise...We'll look forward to seeing youat the Forbidden Island Sunday evening??? Mucho Mahaloz again!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 4:44 pm   Permalink

It's Sunday afternoon and it looks like it's Forbidden Island this evening and the Tonga Room tonight, then we're outta here! (And we're taking this fabulous weather back with us!!!) LOL!!! It's been great to meet up with some of the NorCal TC Ohana! You all are more than welcome to partake in our hospitality when you venture down south!!!
SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 5:37 pm   Permalink

How fun....great pictures...certainly inspires me to get my arse over to FI and TV Emeryville. Kona Club looked awesome!!! Thanks for the pictures.

VampTiki

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-02-18 17:39 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 08:49 am   Permalink

Welcome Home! Great Pictures as always! Glad you two had so much fun! You guys even visited the grave of Trader Vic! Wow! You two are truly Hardcore Tikiphiles! Thanks for sharing all those cool photos/locations with us! Rest up now! You got a Saturday night Tonga Hut event to attend! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-19 4:03 pm   Permalink

One last WOOOHOOO to Everyone at Forbidden Island Mucho Mahalo once again for making our trip up North Tiki-rrific Looking forward to seeing you all again
soon.

The proprieters Conga Mike and Martiki

SoccerTiki, Mai-Tai, WooHooWahine and Mrs Conga Mike sharing a very tasty Scorpion Bowl made by the mix-master Martiki

Conga Mike shows us the back of their very cool bowling shirts (which they were out of or SoccerTiki'd own one!)

Mai-Tai, Coco Loco, Conga Mike and the Mrs & Martiki join us for one last photo op!

Some great decor!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-02-19 16:51 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-19 5:05 pm   Permalink

I'm tired! One last thanks to everyone who showed us soooo much hospitality!!! And Martiki...very tasty drinks!(Especially the mystery concoction!)

We look forward to returning the hospitality to all!

Anyone wanting to do the Bay area tiki experience, use this thread or PM us for ideas!

WoooooHoooOOOOooooooo!
SoccerTiki

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 5:32 pm   Permalink

WooHoo and Soccer Tiki,
Thanks for taking and posting so many pictures. It looks like WooHoo had a great birthday. You two are the best!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 7:46 pm   Permalink

It was an absolute pleasure getting to know you both over the weekend.
Pity we couldn't do any of the SF Tiki with you. Oh well, next time.

Happy Birthday once again, Woohoo!!
We feel honored that you chose to spend it amongst us.

Looking forward to drinking with you guys in the near future!!

Mahalo!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-19 17:05, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'm tired!

I bet! You guys really did up the Bay Area the right way - and most of it without a car!

It was great to meet you two. Glad you got to experience some Ohana Nor Cal style. I'm still full from that Philly Cheese steak sandwich! Cheers!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-21 7:55 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Soccertiki & Woohoowahine: Wonderful photos, looks like you guys hit them all. My Wahine and I are starting our Bay Area crawl on St. Patrick's Day. Great tip on the happy hour at the Tonga Room. I'm a little sad that the new Trader Vic in SF has so little Tiki, because we are staying just blocks away from it. But, it looks like Emeryville more than make up for it. Thanks again! Tiki Leki

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-22 2:23 pm   Permalink

By all means check out the T.V. in S.F.! We just weren't impressed with the food and drinks... And we were expecting more. There is definitely some decor worth seeing and there may be better bartenders when you go. Just so you know, the happy hour is only from 3:30 to 5pm... The Tonga room is definitely the place for HH!!!! And Conga Mike is right about the pizza (and munchies) at The Conga Room are a must try. It's always the right time to stop by the Forbidden Island! Friendly staff, great decor and tasty drinks!

I have to say, the thought of a "tropical drink" is not appealing after 4 days lava bowls, scorpion bowls, tonga punches, mai-tai's, fog cutters and "mystery drinks"!!!

On second thought...Gimme an old school Trader Vic Mai-Tai!!!

alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 3:40 pm   Permalink

Great pictures Soccer/WooHoo mahalo for posting. Haven't seen you guys since Catalina last year. See you at the Tonga Hut in a couple of days. Aloha

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation