FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Formikahini at Waikiki Wally's Mar 31 (& Carnegie Hall Apr 1)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Formikahini at Waikiki Wally's Mar 31 (& Carnegie Hall Apr 1)
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-27 7:36 pm   Permalink

Forkikahini-

Congratulations on your return to the Hall....how amazing. I know you will enjoy the performance and a night in the big apple. Always good to have you on the East Coast! Hope to see you in a few weeks at Hukilau

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 6:30 pm   Permalink

I'll be there. Here's the address if anyone needs it:

Waikiki Wally's
99 East Second St
in the East Village between 1st and A
http://waikikiwallys.com/

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 6:52 pm   Permalink

Wish I could - I'll be out of town

Hold down the fort for me!

On friday eve (march 30) - tiki centralites (a few) will be there with a crew for a gathering - I hope they don't wreck the place!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 09:26 am   Permalink

We’ll be there on Sat.

My husband & I were planning to go Wally’s on Sunday to celebrate my b-day (4/1 is the big 4-0 for me), but we need to push our plans up a day. So, if you’re up for meeting new folks, let us know (drop me a PM).

Oh, and very sad news about Wally-bird: someone broke into the Plexiglas enclosure and stole him! We found this out last week. Poor thing, this just breaks my heart.

Gina & Damian

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 8:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-03-29 09:26, Martiki-bird wrote:
We’ll be there on Sat.

My husband & I were planning to go Wally’s on Sunday to celebrate my b-day (4/1 is the big 4-0 for me), but we need to push our plans up a day. So, if you’re up for meeting new folks, let us know (drop me a PM).

Oh, and very sad news about Wally-bird: someone broke into the Plexiglas enclosure and stole him! We found this out last week. Poor thing, this just breaks my heart.

Gina & Damian

Super that you can come, and I'm so BUMMED about Wally! What CREEPS to take him!!

See you there!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichaser

Posted: 2008-01-31 08:39 am   Permalink

How are the drinks at Wally's? Any recommendations? Otto's was cool, but the Zombie I had was pretty bad (just like you'd get in any chinese restaurant - pretty much pineapple juice and rum). Mayve this was the particlar bar-tender. Decor is cool, but you need the good drinks to back it up! Looking forward to trying out Wally's... We need a Tiki-ti in NY!!!

View Profile of tikichaser Send a personal message to tikichaser      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 09:24 am   Permalink

Nicole and I will be there for sure! It will be great to meet up!

BTW, did they change the name back or something?

Last time I was there (about 2 months or so) it was changed to "Wally's Pacific Grill" or something like that. Also, the place was packed with kids with loud crappy music playing (like techno) and the young "cool" bartenders were sure to roll their eyes everytime you ordered something other than a beer or rum & coke.

The inside looked the same, but we were 2 drinks and gone that night. And not 2 good drinks.

Sorry to be a downer, but just lettin' ya know what happened.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 09:44 am   Permalink

LM,
Unfortunately that was *last* year!
Darn that we didn't know each other then. Maybe I'll get to go back with the kids next year?
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 10:21 am   Permalink

...that's what you get when you check in at work and don't read the thread carefully!

F - you are welcome in my little town anytime.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 8:42 pm   Permalink

Hi!

I won't know until about a week before if I have to work that night or not,
but even if so could still meet you all about 9ish. I wish the drinks there
were better, but the decor is a lot of fun.
That's great about Carnegie Hall!

Aloha
Kiki and Fang (David)

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 8:45 pm   Permalink

Isn't March 31 a Monday????

Quote:

On 2007-03-20 14:08, Formikahini wrote:
Bump to update:

7:00
We are meeting at Waikiki Wally's on Saturday evening, March 31.

It's looking to be a rather nice group. I may call to reserve a table. Ask for Alice Berry's table when you get there.

F

Isn't March 31 a Monday????

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 9:17 pm   Permalink

Kiki,

Unfortunately, this is a bumped thread from almost a year ago.

I did go last year, I had a lot of fun, and met Gina and Damian for the first time! Too bad there aren't any pictures from that night.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 04:31 am   Permalink

There are pictures (and they're great!), but I'm a big fat loser who still hasn't posted them!

BFL

rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 11:02 am   Permalink

Alice,

You're not fat!

Lol

and hey, at least you know what year it is!

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2008-02-01 11:02 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 12:06 am   Permalink

Alice,

Post em!

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation