FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events VampTiki #1 [March 10th 2007]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
VampTiki #1 [March 10th 2007]
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-10 11:34 am   Permalink

It's time for me to have my first Tiki Party. My lounge walls are still bare, but I have a few mugs...so inviting the Northern California faction (and anyone else who can make it) to convene at my place on Saturday, March 10th (2pm to 8pm). Just posting all the info here (too technically challenged to do a poster for this party). Here is the plan:

~ Bring your tiki wares and wallets for a buy/sell extravaganza in the garage
~ Plenty of Exotica blaring from the stereo
~ The annoying silent TV showing all the B-rated Tiki Movies I have
~ Bring your favorite hors' devours for snackin' & I'll have lots of munchies
~ Bar is open to "make your own" and/or "make one for a friend" I have all the necessary Mai Tai mixings and plenty of other items to concoct a shi-shi tropical drink...I've been practicing my Mai Tai

Please let me know if you can party with us...just PM me with your email address and I will send a group email with the address and driving details.

Hope you can make it; we need to show the world that NorCal can hold their liquor, shop till they drop, and nurture our tikifetish with good friends.

VampTiki

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-09-23 15:28 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 4:25 pm   Permalink

Count me in. Does the bus stop by your place?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-10 8:02 pm   Permalink

Wish we were close enough Vamp. Have a ball and an extra mai tai for me!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 7:18 pm   Permalink

Chime in Tiki Ohana!

Mrs. Mojo and I are going to be there along with LOADS of TIKI HUNTER goodies for sale!

For the NorCal Scene this may be the first actual Tiki Party of the New Year.....even if you go by the Chinese Calender!

Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible!

YES, WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-11 7:36 pm   Permalink

Yee Haw....the garage will be excited to sport those great wares.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 12:25 pm   Permalink

Vampiress...my wife and I would very much like to attend.....I'm not very good at mixin' em, but I do a fair job of drinkin' em.....Let me know what we can bring...It's a short drive from Carmichael.....Is it Summer yet?

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-12 6:57 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing you both. I better head over to BevMo....what is the fave rum? Is it Appletons?

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 07:23 am   Permalink

Bumpity!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-16 7:16 pm   Permalink

I just stocked up on Orgeat and various dark rums today from BevMo. I think a Mai Tai contest may be in store. I may have to practice this weekend...so if my posting gets too goffy, you will know I am still in training.

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 1:23 pm   Permalink

March 10th is a go for Psycho Tiki D and we are all looking forward to meeting new TCer's from around the area, both from before and those new folks we have seen post lately.

Thanks to the Vamp for putting this together and let's all support another Nor Cal function.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I look forward to meeting you soon)!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-18 5:13 pm   Permalink

OK...made a Mai Tai for myself...used the Grog Log and substituted a little more Orgeat for the missing Rock Candy (which I should get in the mail next week). I am not a rum enthusiast as it gives me a headache, but must say it tasted very good. Headache on board now, so I will wait and make myself a good Pina Colada tomorrow.

I am more of a Gin gal, so will have other options available too. Is anyone into Mojitoas....I saw a really nice kit at BevMo I could get? If anyone wants something in particular for a special drink, please pm me. I will also have sodas and juice for folks.

moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 07:41 am   Permalink

Wow Marlene....thanks for taking one for the team......Rum sounds good to me...I will bring some as well as something NA for my driver!!!!!!!!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 1:10 pm   Permalink

Here's our newest item...fresh off the boat from the Islands created by the legendary GECKO!
Currently available on ebay but we will have about 20 of them with us for the Vamp Tiki Party March 10th!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300084134237&rd=1&rd=1

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 5:19 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah. I'll be sportin some Cali bling when I get back home!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-22 7:37 pm   Permalink

Ooooh.....that looks marvuluuus....count me in for one of those.

I got my Trader Vics Rock Candy Syrup today. Working on getting orchids.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation