FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events A little bit of the South Pacific in the North Atlantic
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
A little bit of the South Pacific in the North Atlantic
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 8:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-27 12:27, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
Luke,
color me intrigued!
thanks in advance!

..sbim

You're welcome! It's no biggie...... just something fun and slightly cheesy!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 07:27 am   Permalink

Here's a request...

While I might have already told people not to worry too much about bringing something, there is something that is kind of important.

I hate coconut. And therefore I am not apt to make any food stuff of any kind with it. Nor do I have anything in the bar with coconut flavor.

However, I do recognize that it is a traditional polynesian flavor.

If you want to bring something with coconut, please do so.

thanks!

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 07:56 am   Permalink

I'll bring a coconut.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 08:00 am   Permalink

you forgot the word "bra"

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 09:05 am   Permalink

weather update:

While we are supposed to get a nasty storm Friday, it will be gone by Friday night and the highs on Saturday afternoon are supposed to be in the mid-40's.

We also have excellent road clearing systems here in Portland.

However, you probably will want to wear shoes you aren't worried about getting wet or salty.

You won't have to walk far to get from the street to my house, but you are still likely to step in slush.

by the way, this is what the outside of my house looks like:

older photo/better angle:

newer photo:

Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 1:47 pm   Permalink

Now you all have to come! What Luke sent is really cool and you will want one.

Thanks!

..sbim

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 2:05 pm   Permalink

You're killin' me here!!!!!

Please take many pictures. (Early, while people can still see straight)

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 12:36 pm   Permalink

And here's what the house looks like as of today....

Just crawl on thru that port-hole window there!

Heh heh.

Looking forward to it. See ya all tmrw!! (ps, I'm getting over a nasty cold, so take some airborne or stay away from me if you're nervous about such things)

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-03-02 12:37 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 1:25 pm   Permalink

Oh, this will all be melted by tomorrow night. No worries.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 2:30 pm   Permalink

it's sloppy out there right now. I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to clear the driveway and sidewalk. It's still raining.

So I am doing the other prep stuff like juicing limes, making simple syrup, making mango salsa and the like.

The only thing I havent bought yet is the ice. I figured I would wait until tomorrow for that.

However, if someone is planning on getting here close to 4:00, I could ask you to bring the ice. And if we run out, we can get more not a half mile away.

by the way, if you get lost, my number is 207-878-4126

--sbim

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 2:57 pm   Permalink

SBiM does this mean we are going to have a Moai building contest? Yay, you got some serious snow I'm so jealous!!! Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow & special presents also!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 3:18 pm   Permalink

Well on one note, the picture Bargoyle posted isn't actually my house. Just to be clear.

But it will be too warm and wet to build Moais in the yard. I pity the foo who trys.

..sbim

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 4:09 pm   Permalink

Hello All
Would love to go to the SBIM Event - I am sure it will be great!

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2007-03-03 20:23 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 07:31 am   Permalink

Hope you all have a great time. I'll be hanging in little RI this weekend and won't be able to make it.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 07:57 am   Permalink

Ahhh.
It feels good to have broken in the Lava Lounge finally!

Big thanks to everyone who showed - Bargoyle and Jess, Pappy, Tikisgrl and Scottes from TC - and the other local folks who came over as well (including the likely next member of Congress from southern Maine).

And thank you all for your kind barwarming gifts! Pappy, thanks so much for helping to clean up and leaving so quietly in the morning. by the way, 9 AM IS early on a Sunday for me.

I did take some pictures, but since I am going to be in Ohio the next several days, I won't be able to upload them until Thursday.

Luke, everybody loved the buttons. Thanks again!

Now I gotta finish putting stuff away before I jetset to Columbus.

..sbim

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation