FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Looking for a surf or tiki band
Looking for a surf or tiki band
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 4:29 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know how to email the Smokin Menehunes or similar surf or tiki band ?Im trying to find someone good for April 28th . Contact me here or tiki@tikiray.com please . Thanks ,Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 4:54 pm   Permalink

I zapped your box earthman.

Chongz

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-13 5:07 pm   Permalink

dont forget The Sand Devils ~ contact kick the reverb

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 5:54 pm   Permalink

I know about 40 surf bands in the LA/OC area.
shoot me a e-mail with the info for what your doing, and what stlye you want, and I can narrow it down.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Pop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-13 6:34 pm   Permalink

try the Maikai Gents
www.mkgents.com

aloha

View Profile of Tiki Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Pop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 6:42 pm   Permalink

Uh aren't the Maikai Gents up in Sonoma area Nor. Cal.?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-14 07:34 am   Permalink

WOOOHOOO! 2 Thumbs up to The Smokin Menehunes

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 2:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all . I think the Menehunes are going to be available but I couldnt have found them without you all . Hey Jeff , if they cant I will email you . Mahalo to all respondees , Ray
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 3:31 pm   Permalink

I just got the word that the Smokin Menehunes are booked for the show . What show ? Ill have to tell you soon I guess . Keep checking back cause I am getting ready to announce it . I have to attend to a few more details . Thanks again , Tiki-Ray
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 5:54 pm   Permalink

im in a surf/garage band called the creepy creeps! we are in san diego. if your interested you can check us out at www.myspace.com/thecreepycreeps we play all over so just let us know, we just played at the lava lounge 2 weeks ago. i will say this though, we are not a mellow surf band, more high performance. but we do bring an amazing dance party for sure! soooo, check out the site and let me know what you think!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 7:33 pm   Permalink

Thank you sleestack but we just booked the "Smokin Menehunes ". Ill check it out though , Mahalo, Tiki-Ray

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 07:58 am   Permalink

Yep, the Smoking Menehunes will be there, and we will have a guest drummer, the mega talented mr. SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-15 07:58, lucas vigor wrote:
Yep, the Smoking Menehunes will be there, and we will have a guest drummer, the mega talented mr. SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe. Where is "there" and what is "it"? Has this event been announced or be it a pigment of our amalgamation? And will there be free beer? What is the meaning of life? Do I have clean socks for that night? So many questions. Please help us Tiki Ray.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 09:43 am   Permalink

Well, I have some answers and I wasnt going to say anthing till the flyers were done but Im ready to bust and Squid is twisting my arm . I will give a few hints and hide this in this dead spot of my request for a band . If you see this , dont tell anyone ,OK.First, Ive never heard of a free beer in my life ,The meaning of life deals with Tiki's and pinup girls,and Ive never seen Squid wear socks before .
On April 28th ,6pm In Rancho Cucamonga a gathering will take place at Goodfellas bar .People will gather to drink beverages ,chat with old friends ,and view tiki/pinup art .Ive found that people who love tiki's seem to love old style pinup calender art and vice versa . We have 12 vendors and 10 live pinup models.We have artists bringing tiki's, tikiwares, paintings,tiki mags and a few high end pinup art photographers will bring some amazing photographs .Plus we will have a band called the "Smokin Menehunes" playing tunes while 10 or MORE pinup models mingle , sign pics and calenders and give out wrong phone numbers to guys like me.Thats all I can say for now . Ill post it officially as soon as the flyers are complete .And please dont tell Grog because his head will explode when he finds out about the girls , Mahalo, Tiki-Ray

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 6:04 pm   Permalink

Free Beer.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation