FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Monkey Pod Paintings-new!
Monkey Pod Paintings-new!
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 07:37 am   Permalink

I am getting HIGHLY MOTIVATED in my attempt to find a NICHE for my particular 'skills'--plus its been too COLD in AZ( believe it or NOT...most will NOT ) to carve so I gotback into my painting of thrift shop dishware.....

comments? These ( and many more) may eventually encompass a gallery show of some sort--need a few larger ones to make for a REAL collection...soon come.

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thistle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-16 1:31 pm   Permalink

I love them! What do you plan to do-top them w/ nuts, so the picture gradually surfaces? Very cool idea, I've been picking up way too many thrift shop monkey pod bowls, & your painting makes them unique...

View Profile of thistle Send a personal message to thistle  Email thistle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 10:39 am   Permalink

actually...I put wall mount brackets on the back so that people could hang them...you wouldn't wanna wreck the paintings inside with any contents --they are like REAL ART for your tiki bar
I've done about 20 of them and sold 3--the next step is to do REAL PAINTINGs of tiki stuff like a REAL ARTIST but these are pretty fun and you can't beat the shapes...
and OF COURSE they are for sale--for a fairly ridiculous price

[ This Message was edited by: bb moondog 2007-02-19 10:39 ]

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 06:29 am   Permalink

OK I realize there are 11 THOUSAND topics on tiki central---but i got a NEW PAINTING DONE!!

this was the initial rough outline..I used an old matte board I had laying around...

..and here is the finish--done an HOUR to display to our Super Bowl crowd

gonna keep up the momentum..also get back to the monkeypods

BB MoondoggyO

harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 07:04 am   Permalink

wow moondog that's some really cool stuff you've done here!!

I particularly love the one on the right at the very top of this page - the girl is mesmerizing - got any more pics?

cheers.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 08:25 am   Permalink

funny you should ask...

i am trying to get a cartoon into TIKI magazine also..but am in negotiation still & don't
wanna GOOCH anything..its gooched enough as it IS..

BB MoondoggyO

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 09:54 am   Permalink

Nice stuff. I've been dabbling in the "paint all that monkeypod I never use" world myself. Is it just me or is it a pain in the ass painting inside those things?
Great work, good use of color. They all look very nice.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-04 09:59 am   Permalink

they require 'finessing' .. lucky most of them are so OLD they haven't had FOOD in them in a LONG time...or EVER.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation