FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music WAITIKI's album wins Hawaii Music Award (for Best Exotica)
WAITIKI's album wins Hawaii Music Award (for Best Exotica)
waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-15 08:31 am   Permalink

Okonkuluku!

Mahalo to everyone who voted for us in the Hawaii Music Awards. WAITIKI has officially won the best Album: Exotica category! We are very happy that so many of our fans are enjoying Charred Mammal Flesh: Exotic Music for BBQ!

Winners:
http://www.hawaiimusicawards.com/hma-winners10.htm
Main site: http://www.hawaiimusicawards.com/

Stay tuned for a new record in the next few months!

Mahalo,
WAITIKI

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 09:37 am   Permalink

Congratulations. The award is well deserved.

Looking at the past year's winners, I see that this was the first year of existence for the 'Best Exotica' category. (Last year their awards included categories for Blues, Classical, Country, Hip Hop, Rap, Gospel, Jazz, New Age, Punk, and Reggae -- but no Exotica category) Hopefully this award, and Waitiki's music, will help spread the word and help the resurgence of exotica music.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-15 10:47 am   Permalink

Congratulations! You're welcome.

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 10:51 am   Permalink

BRAVO. Now you have to buy me a drink (and everyone who voted).

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 11:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-15 09:37, ikitnrev wrote:
Congratulations. The award is well deserved.

Looking at the past year's winners, I see that this was the first year of existence for the 'Best Exotica' category. (Last year their awards included categories for Blues, Classical, Country, Hip Hop, Rap, Gospel, Jazz, New Age, Punk, and Reggae -- but no Exotica category) Hopefully this award, and Waitiki's music, will help spread the word and help the resurgence of exotica music.

Vern

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Waitiki. That album kicks Exotica booty!! Thanks for helping to spread the word.

Now I can't wait to hear the "new" CD.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 3:26 pm   Permalink

Fantastic.
You do us proud.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 11:24 am   Permalink

Aloha,
Quote:

On 2007-02-15 08:31, waitiki wrote:
Okonkuluku!
WAITIKI has officially won the best Album: Exotica category!

So are you coming to accept the award at the dinner??

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 11:37 am   Permalink

Yeah, Fil!

I'll be home to accept the award, along with some friends & the Wong ohana ... will you be there?

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 5:47 pm   Permalink

Congrats Waitiki! Sorry we missed you last month Randy...I had totally spaced out and forgot that you were gonna be in the area while we were down there. If you find yourself in parts south again, be sure to drop me a line.

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 08:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-16 17:47, Haole Kat wrote:
Congrats Waitiki! Sorry we missed you last month Randy...I had totally spaced out and forgot that you were gonna be in the area while we were down there. If you find yourself in parts south again, be sure to drop me a line.

Josh
http://www.whollycatsband.com

Thanks guys! Yeah Josh, no problem, I had to play a show the night you guys were at the Mai Kai! I'll be back down again in May, if not sooner ... Keep y'all posted.

-Randy

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 08:21 am   Permalink

Congrats! guys. Can't wait to see the Waitiki Tour Bus!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-20 11:09 am   Permalink

http://starbulletin.com/2007/02/20/features/story04.html

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 1:07 pm   Permalink

YAY!!!
here's to Waitiki!

hope my vote didn't have a hanging chad, you know, being from Florida and all...
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation