From The Kitchen of Trader Joe's Camarillo

3 1/2 cups TJs Buttermilk Baking Mix
2 cups TJs light coconut milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped dried bannana
1 tbsp TJs vanilla paste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup TJs toasted & chopped macadamia nut pieces

Stir all ingredients together with a wire whisk till smooth, Bake on a lightly greased griddle at about 350 degrees till golden

Servings: 6

Sounds pretty good to me. If somebody tries it please post.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liquidspaceman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-17 6:34 pm   Permalink

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Hey, this recipe sounds greaaaat! I will be testing it very soon. We have a TJs just down the street and go there all the time. I will let you know ASAP!

...Liquidspaceman, over and out

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
our last frontier on the planet Earth.

View Profile of Liquidspaceman Send a personal message to Liquidspaceman  Email Liquidspaceman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VoodooTrucker13
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-18 09:48 am   Permalink

Sounds fantastic! I am a man who loves a good stack of pancakes...

View Profile of VoodooTrucker13 Send a personal message to VoodooTrucker13  Email VoodooTrucker13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 10:25 am   Permalink

You can do almost the same thing in a blender with fresh bananna. You have to add the milk slowly until you get to the proper consistency then throw the nuts in very last.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 11:46 am   Permalink

TJ vanilla paste? Where have y'all found it in S. FL? Recipe sounds great

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-19 11:46, I dream of tiki wrote:
TJ vanilla paste? Where have y'all found it in S. FL? Recipe sounds great

It's all stuff from Trader Joe's. We don't have one in Florida yet. Way back when they would do some mail-order stuff, but I can't find anything like that on thier website now.

I'll look around in my cookbooks and see if I can come up with something we can use while we wait for our very own Trader Joes.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 10:39 pm   Permalink

Remember that pancakes are a quick bread which means you DO NOT want your "dough" to have any glutton. Glutton is what makes bread chewy and hard, to avoid creating glutton, only stir your batter enough to mix the ingredients. Excessive stirring or beating the batter makes pancakes tough! I make a "crater" in the middle of my mixed dry ingredients and premix all the liquids, then pour into the crater. I only stir about 15-20 times with a fork, then let it sit in the fridge overnight to absorb the liquid. I know this sounds nuts but anyone who has my pancakes notices the fluffy texture.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reedalong
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-25 05:40 am   Permalink

Awesome recipe! I am going to try it using a wheat-free pancake mix as the base since my wahine has a gluten intolerance. Thanks!

- strictly on the kini popo -

View Profile of reedalong Send a personal message to reedalong      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-25 07:37 am   Permalink

Could one alter the ingredients, to make a mai-tai flavored pancake? Could one pour orgeat as a syrup? Are those proper tiki things to do, or would it be better to simply serve a mai-tai as your accompanying morning beverage, instead of orange juice?

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 11:56 am   Permalink

Hey Bongofury, utopiandreem made the pancakes this weekend & they turned out great.

thanks

T-Bird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-06 8:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Bird! We'll give it a try soon......

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Corona Contessa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-12 6:43 pm   Permalink

Ooh Tiki pancakes, I want everything Tiki, pancakes and all.

View Profile of Corona Contessa Send a personal message to Corona Contessa  Email Corona Contessa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation