FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events post-Voodoo 2 gathering at Trader Vic's Beverly Hills this Sat! Feb 17th
post-Voodoo 2 gathering at Trader Vic's Beverly Hills this Sat! Feb 17th
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2007-02-16 02:12 am   Permalink

Humu and I are in the LA area for the recording of Voodoo 2! We're planning on hitting the Trader Vic's in Beverly Hills to get some more quality time in it before it goes away. I think a few other TCers may join us, too. We're hoping to make it there by 7:00. Come on out, we hope to see you there!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:35 pm   Permalink

Atomic Cocktail and I are planning on being there! I think there may be other out-of-towners floating about that might make it there too. There's some cool photos from Digitiki in this thread of the studio set-up for the recording:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22428&forum=11&start=15
Can't wait to hear the stories!

[ This Message was edited by: vintagegirl 2007-02-17 12:49 ]

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 1:25 pm   Permalink

I think I will be able to make it to Trader Vic's this eventing, too. See you there.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 4:46 pm   Permalink

Is this drinks and appetizers, or a sit down meal?
Adam and I might be able to join! : )

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 5:19 pm   Permalink

In favor of economics, we're just gonna do drinks. But I don't know about the rest.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 02:04 am   Permalink

Holy crap, what a great night! That was by far the best time I've ever had at the Beverly Hills Trader Vic's, and it was so great to get to share it with a ton of dear friends. What a great surprise to see so many familiar faces. I only took a few pics with my camera, but I know there were others around. I'll try to get mine posted quickly after we get home.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 11:44 am   Permalink

I missed this thread, but happened to be there from the "Save Traver Vic's 90210" planning get-together thread. What a surprise to find out that the planets had aligned and these two TC "contingents" came together at the same place, at the same time. Got to meet so many more great TC'ers, albeit too briefly for some.

When I first got there...other than a couple of us...the place was packed with black-suited Hollywood lawyer-types. Was so glad to eventually see the Retro and Aloha shirt crowd finally surpassed their numbers and put some class into the place.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 11:33 pm   Permalink

This was a great night!
Excellent crowd of great people.

There were a lot of people there, but somehow, the same half dozen kept appearing in my photos.... probably the ones in my immediate vicinity after drink #3.

A priceless shot, could be a Clairol ad, tres bobs, one of each, a full house, yes, we all like it.
Now let's do a re-take...

That's a better shot!
A gang of three...

But wait, there's more!
Yes, apparently long locks are legal here!
A gang of four lovely ladies...

"one of these things is not like the others,
one of these things just doesn't belong..."
A gang of five?

The elusive Mig, mercurial man about town(s), friend to all - and yet seldom seen... probably because he showed up after everyone else left!

Deeee-lish!
(and the drink looks good too!)

Drink #3!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2007-02-21 12:44 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 1:39 pm   Permalink

Wow, this wins for most bobs in a thread!

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 2:18 pm   Permalink

Great pictures James!! Thanks for posting.

I don't think it gets much better than Robert Drasnin, Trader Vic's and Sven's house all in one weekend!!!

Thanks everyone for a GREAT time!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 3:32 pm   Permalink

Hey! It's Dick Martin!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation