FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Gathering-3/24/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
New England Gathering-3/24/07
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 03:12 am   Permalink

Well how was it? Pictures Soon?

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 12:21 pm   Permalink

You'll have to get on pappy for the pics. He's our shutterbug.....he might be holding one or two for blackmail before posting.

I thought it was a pretty good spot overall. The front half of the place is pretty "blah", but the back room, with the murals etc, was a nice little retreat.

The food was ok (we all shared dishes & apps, and it was pretty much hit & miss standard New England asain fare), but the cocktails were actually pretty damn good (and strong). The Mai Tai was a bit sweet, but traditionally made. Pappy's zombie lived up to its name and got all up on him after only one!!

I also had a Suffering Bastard, which was a bit off from any recipie I've had, but had some of that pimento/allspice liquor in it that REALLY made the drink complex & interesting.

Best of all was, once again, the company. It was nice to see Mr. AND Mrs. Pappy out & about again, good to talk rum with scottes (again), and generally shoot my drunken mouth off to anyone who'll listen

It was a nice save of the night that almost wasn't.

Looking forward to the next one at the New Tiki!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 9:29 pm   Permalink

In my thread regarding South Pacific in the Locating Tiki area, I described it as a tale of two restaurants. The front and the back are like two totally different places.

I can't imagine anyone ever sitting in that front section when they can sit in the back!

Glad you guys had fun, wish I could have been there.

Let's see those pictures Pappy!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 07:52 am   Permalink

Granite pretty much photographed everything there was to look at. Here's a lamp he missed:

Here's all I remember from that night:

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 07:59 am   Permalink

I will add one more. Here's the coolest Tiki room maybe in the whole state and look how many of us were there enjoying it.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 08:54 am   Permalink

I guess it's our own private club house until a 99 or something moves in some day.

I hope I can join you guys one of these days!

I was hoping for more drunk pictures of you all!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 10:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

That is the trippiest pic of me.....I drank so much I was friggin SEE-THROUGH man!!!!!

Hellooo new avatar!

Thanks Pappy!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-28 08:54, The Granite Tiki wrote:
I guess it's our own private club house until a 99 or something moves in some day.

I heard Walgreen's as exclusive rights on demolishing tiki establishments in the East!

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-28 7:26 pm   Permalink

Argh - looks like I missed another good event. That back room looks awesome.

Cool trick there Bargoyle - so what do you have to drink to go translucent? I'd like to try some of that!

Thanks for pics Pappy!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation