Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tiki Bar One Night Stand
Tiki Bar One Night Stand
unklefun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:43 am   Permalink

Here are some pixs of my tiki bar made out of a futon frame. I call it the FUBAR. I set this up for one night only for my friends at EPIC Arts (my friendly neighborhood Art Center) for their anniversary blowout. I don't have a bar set up at home, so it's actually still hosted at Epic Arts. The bar top could use alittle Murphy's Oil, but If you're ever in Berkeley and need a really good Mai Tai fix, let me know & I'll meet you at the bar. Closed on Tuesdays.

Pixs from the event

Pixs after the event

[ This Message was edited by: unklefun 2007-02-17 00:49 ]

View Profile of unklefun Send a personal message to unklefun  Goto the website of unklefun     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 11:20 am   Permalink

*MAN*, Unklefun!

If that's what you throw together for a temporary bar, I can't wait to see what you do with a permanent bar in your own home!! Great job!!

F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:52 pm   Permalink

That's cool. I had a futon frame just like that once and always wondered what I should do with it. Nice work.

If you don't mind, I'm going to put a link to this thread on the Tiki-On-A-Budget thread.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 7:20 pm   Permalink

Did you ever find out why your friend ended up with Otto's camera?? last year.........

Cool Fubar!!!!

Next time I'm up. will be buggin..

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
unklefun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-17 8:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-17 19:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
Did you ever find out why your friend ended up with Otto's camera?? last year.........

Cool Fubar!!!!

Next time I'm up. will be buggin..

That guy you asked in question was a ex co-worker at the Eastbay Express free weekly, not a friend. At the time when I recovered the camera from him said he was drunk and mistake the camera for his, even though they didn't look nothing alike. I also made him reimburse Otto for the cost of recovering photos from the camera since he erase them. I haven't seen that idiot since the ordeal. It was a good thing you took a photo of the guy, that was the break in the case. Let me know when your in town, we'll have to have a few cocktails.

View Profile of unklefun Send a personal message to unklefun  Goto the website of unklefun     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 10:58 am   Permalink

nice furniture recycle! I look forward to seeing you come up with your home bar!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 09:42 am   Permalink

Here's to you ingenuity,creativity, and craftsmanship...Enjoy!

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-19 5:20 pm   Permalink

The "FUBAR"...quite possibly one of the best names I've heard in a long time. Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation