Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fake Bamboo
Fake Bamboo
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-18 5:53 pm   Permalink

I was woundering if anybody has tried to make any fake bamboo,if so any pics would help and instructions.I know you can buy the duracane but it's pricey would rather make it myself. Thanks Scaperman

View Profile of scaperman Send a personal message to scaperman  Email scaperman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 8:01 pm   Permalink

what part of the country are you in?

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2007-02-18 20:02 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VoodooTrucker13
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-19 09:44 am   Permalink

I'm not sure if they have one in your neck of the woods, but Michael's used to sell bundles of decent fake bamboo for a while and all different sizes but I'm not sure if they still do. Its been a while since I've been there.

View Profile of VoodooTrucker13 Send a personal message to VoodooTrucker13  Email VoodooTrucker13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 10:01 am   Permalink

I can't find the thread but there was a technique that used pvc pipe that was scored and stretched then painted to match bamboo that looked pretty convincing. I've had this out for years and no one has been the wiser.

[ This Message was edited by: naugatiki 2007-02-19 10:07 ]

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 10:06 am   Permalink

PariartsPaul's "Making Fake Bamboo" Thread.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-19 1:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-19 09:44, VoodooTrucker13 wrote:
I'm not sure if they have one in your neck of the woods, but Michael's used to sell bundles of decent fake bamboo for a while and all different sizes but I'm not sure if they still do. Its been a while since I've been there.

I will check them out Thanks

View Profile of scaperman Send a personal message to scaperman  Email scaperman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-19 2:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info guys,should the pvc pipe be sealed after painting and if so with what?

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-21 8:56 pm   Permalink

You can also carve it. It's fast and easy.
Here is a pair of handle I'm working on:

Tahitiki

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-22 4:01 pm   Permalink

Those look great

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation