FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Maori Wood Sculpture book 1969 (link fixed)
Maori Wood Sculpture book 1969 (link fixed)
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 2:41 pm   Permalink

Im being really naughty and posting an ebay auction in here, but I know many of the carvers dont go outside creating and i know there will be some interest in this. Yes, I did post it in marketplace first.

Quote:
Large hardcover book by T Barrow PhD, a keen ethnologist from Wellington NZ. Book published in 1969 by Reed. It is a fascinating book with many photographs of the finest of Maori wood sculpture. The book is in excellent condition except for the dustjacket which is in two pieces and very tatty.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Maori-Wood-Sculpture-T-Barrow-book-1969-NZ-tiki-art_W0QQitemZ110093524928QQihZ001QQcategoryZ7702QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-02-19 17:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-02-19 17:04 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 6:06 pm   Permalink

hey hewey thanks for posting that. it looks really interesting. did you bid on it?

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 7:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey. Looks like a good book, maybe I'll win it I hope.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 7:52 pm   Permalink

No bids from me, but was too good a find not to share

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation