FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Classic Cartoons
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Classic Cartoons
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 10:31 am   Permalink

THANK YOU Naugatiki!!! I owe you a mai tai!! I am thrilled to get this info.
Also, at the Dollar Tree store I got a DVD of "classic cartoons of the 1940s." I didnt watch it yet but it looks good.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 1:45 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2011-09-25 20:10 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 10:53 am   Permalink

My favorite cartoon of all time was "Jonny Quest". The show first aired in prime time in 1964. I was seven years old and it was my favorite show. I watched it when it originally aired and then through syndication. That cartoon rocked. I remember thinking "this is a grown-up cartoon". The opening credits with that theme song was awesome. Jonny Quest, his friend Hadji, his father Dr. Quest, and we can't forget the coolest Roger "Race" Bannon who always got the chick. The original show is out on DVD. I think they did a second try at the series maybe in the late 70s or 80s but it wasn't as cool as the first. They toned it down as I remember, probably to make it more 'family friendly', and like a lot of things when people try to redo something they missed the point and spirit of the original.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 4:44 pm   Permalink

I hear ya about Jonny Quest! It was kinda like when they made that Pippi Longstocking cartoons and updates.....LAME-O!!! (That was about the time they changed Lucky the Leprachaun into a total homogenized Anglo-American on Lucky Charms) Updates suck!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 5:31 pm   Permalink

Rocky & Bullwinkle! In fact I just got a male long haired Chihuahua pup and named him Rocky (Rocket J. Squirrel is his official AKC registry name). Speaking of Chihuahuas, I'm also quite fond of Ren & Stimpy. As for the classics - Popeye (the island of the Goons), Betty Boop (St. James Infirmary Blues) and Bugs Bunny (especially anything with Yosemite Sam, gremlins or wrestlers) also a Robert Crumb fetish (huh?)

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-13 6:10 pm   Permalink

Tex Avery's "Red Hot Riding Hood" is a favorite...pretty much any Tex Avery, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Super Chicken (hope this comes out on dvd), The Jetson, The Flintstones, and of course, and nice hearty "Captain CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEMAN!!!!!"

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-09-03 10:27 am   Permalink

Check out this awesome Jonny Quest trailer some really talented fans put together...

http://jonnyquest.tv/

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 1:51 pm   Permalink

I have an unopened Johnny Quest & Hadji action figure from the mid-90s that's in the garage for next Saturday's garage sale.

If anybody wants it, it's yours for the asking. PM with your address

View Profile of Luki Send a personal message to Luki  Goto the website of Luki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 8:22 pm   Permalink

I didn't see it when it was on but, I've become a huge fan of the Groovie Goolies.
I did watch a lot of show like the Snorks, Q-bert,Turbo Teen (the strangest puberty analogy I've ever seen),Kid Video, Thundar the Barbarian, Dungeon's & Dragons,He-Man, and G.I.Joe. Other then the Jetson,Flintstones, and edited Looney Toones; many of the oldet cartoon didn't air much where I grew up.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-06 11:31 am   Permalink

Went through my teens in the 60s, so it's got to be Rocky and Bullwinkle. Then Warner Bros., Bugs, Daffy etc. Throw in some Flintstones and Tennessee Tuxedo for good measure.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-09 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-03 20:22, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:
I didn't see it when it was on but, I've become a huge fan of the Groovie Goolies.
I did watch a lot of show like the Snorks, Q-bert,Turbo Teen (the strangest puberty analogy I've ever seen),Kid Video, Thundar the Barbarian, Dungeon's & Dragons,He-Man, and G.I.Joe. Other then the Jetson,Flintstones, and edited Looney Toones; many of the oldet cartoon didn't air much where I grew up.

that's what i'm talking about brother. i actually still dvd's for thundarr the barbarian, dungeons & dragons, jetsons, tintin, scooby doo where are you? (from the 70s), thundercats, pole position, visonaries, jayce & the wheeled warriors amongst others.

for those that remember the above toons, check out the video below

http://youtu.be/UOuNwIRuCdA

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-10 12:47 am   Permalink

Wow, I forgot about Pole Position. I forgot to mention Silverhawks,Spider-Man & his amazing friends,the Super Powers Show, Mr. T. and Danger Mouse/Count Duckula.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-10 4:01 pm   Permalink

how about M.A.S.K? remember that?

http://youtu.be/o2Z1yLO9C-Q

how about GoBots?

http://youtu.be/lG3_dUapjLQ

remember Defenders of the Earth?

http://youtu.be/-Nm_jJBkHtU

remember to keep the planet clean my friend:

http://youtu.be/vpXM9bj-WPU

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-10 10:48 pm   Permalink

I had some of the M.A.S.K. toys but I never really got to see the show.

How about this Captain Planet?
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5876f2aced/don-cheadle-is-captain-planet

If the show had been more like this, the earth would be in better shape...or else.

socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-12 6:06 pm   Permalink

that was so strange it was almost disturbing. i did however like linka.

did you watch cops?

http://youtu.be/fxQagE62_zI

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation