FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts ....AKU-AKU sign replica .... SOLD!!! ....page 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
....AKU-AKU sign replica .... SOLD!!! ....page 4
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 03:16 am   Permalink

Zowie! I knew it was going to come out great but I had no idea it was going to be perfect. You should really be proud of your work. That is just awesome.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-20 03:16, pappythesailor wrote:
Zowie! I knew it was going to come out great but I had no idea it was going to be perfect. You should really be proud of your work. That is just awesome.

thanks pappy!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 07:21 am   Permalink

Wow... That turned out great. Can't wait to see it in person. Nothing better than the DVA Tiki show!

Great job again Tipsy

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 09:49 am   Permalink

Wow that's really something! You've created a unique one of a kind art piece. It captures that retro tiki roadside sign feeling perfectly. I'm amazed at how fast it all came together. I'm sure it will be the center of attention at the art show. And I really like that it's so big. Good job man!

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 10:05 am   Permalink

You need to sell Tiki Kiliki one of these to go with her tattoo. Really nice work Tips! So what's next? How about a Mai-Kai sign! I see a whole line of mini tiki road signs in your future...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 11:05 am   Permalink

thanks for all the compliments....this actually would have taken less time, but i was sidetracked momentarily..as for more signs, yeah, i'll probably be doing more...i like the problem solving end of it where i have to figure out how to make a life size sign look believable on a smaller scale....I'll post a separate thread tonight with the start of the next piece...i would like to have a total of three pieces for the show....the past couple years i played it low key at the dva tiki shows but this year i intend to shine and pull out all the stops....watch out!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 11:30 am   Permalink

"the past couple years i played it low key at the dva tiki shows but this year i intend to shine and pull out all the stops....watch out!!"-you

Sweet, thats the same way I feel right now. 2007 should be a good year. I'm thinking this spring/summer, I want to make it up to the DvA gallery. I guess there is a new coach bus that drives from my town to yours for $1-$26 and that a four hour drive one way.

Your sign turned out great, I like how you showed it in the dark first and surprised us with the lights on. Even more stuff to look at. Nice tribute to a great sign. Cheers, teaKEY

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FlatEarthTrading
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

hope it was worth the wait.....you'll be able to see it up close at the DVA Gallery annual tiki art show......

Does that mean there will only be one available?? That sign rocks, Tipsy....you should mass produce those!!

View Profile of FlatEarthTrading Send a personal message to FlatEarthTrading  Email FlatEarthTrading Goto the website of FlatEarthTrading     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-20 15:09, FlatEarthTrading wrote:
Quote:

hope it was worth the wait.....you'll be able to see it up close at the DVA Gallery annual tiki art show......

Does that mean there will only be one available?? That sign rocks, Tipsy....you should mass produce those!!

Thanks!! and In answer to your question, there will be only one like this available......again, this goes back to a previous discussion in another thread about art versus product...........too much about what makes an art piece or new idea cool gets lost in the rush to bring a product to market when it is mass produced...the level of detail and craftsmanship can never be duplicated inexpensively enough to make copies of it as nice looking as the original.....just check out the lame tiki sign lamps that spencers gifts was selling or the horrible las vegas plastic welcome signs that light up to see what i mean.....because there is only one, keeps it on the level of art.....I love vintage neon, and with the prospect that very little will remain of it (except in museums)in the coming years, I like to think that by making these sign lamps, I am somehow helping preserve the whole look and feel for like minded folks to enjoy in their homes or businesses.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 8:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Dave- This is so cool and a great idea. You not only have to be an fine artist and craftsman but an engineer as well to create this. You did a beautiful job on it. I can't wait to see how the Pitcairn comes out.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-20 8:42 pm   Permalink

Man!
That sign takes cool to a whole new level! Cannot wait to see the Pitcairn!
Absolutely great work.

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf Seal
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-20 11:53 pm   Permalink

Unbelievable! You killed me with this one. This is one of the best projects I've seen on Tiki Central, Tipsy. Thank you so much for showing us how you did it!

View Profile of Surf Seal Send a personal message to Surf Seal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 12:48 pm   Permalink

Fantastic work, Tipsy! Thanks again for inviting us to watch it come together.

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 11:22 am   Permalink

Great job Dave.

View Profile of DaTiki Send a personal message to DaTiki  Email DaTiki Goto the website of DaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 12:25 pm   Permalink

tipsy, very cool....I love it!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation