FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Upcoming events with tiki mugs?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Upcoming events with tiki mugs?
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-25 06:17 am   Permalink

Right... so if anyone is willing to help out I will compensate or try to return the favor at some point thanks

View Profile of luckytiki Send a personal message to luckytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 06:48 am   Permalink

Hey lucky tiki, I see that you have the Tiki Art 3 mug. I was trying like mad to get that mug. I asked people that I knew were going and this event you could buy, I think two per person, and no one reesposned to me PMs and I never got that mug. I would say, that so for you are doing better than I am in the event department.

"Many hold it to be poor form to buy an event mug for an event they did not attend."-Humu

I don't think that this statemment can ring true in the eyes of a collector outside the range of an event, but I certainly think that it sucks when the event mugs go on Ebay the following week.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-25 07:51 am   Permalink

I agree that stocking up on mugs just to flip them on ebay is poor form...

I just obtained that mug along with the viva LV 8 mug so they're still in route to their new home, but I would be open to trading them

View Profile of luckytiki Send a personal message to luckytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 12:40 pm   Permalink

Did you ever tell us what part of Indiana you're from?
I'm from Western Kentucky so if you were in say, Evansville it'd be quite close.

As for mugs from conventions, I've never had any luck. I have found a few (very common) mugs from flea market type things in this area.

By the way, i have a cheap, mass-produced black mug that says "Indiana" on the back. I'm holding it hostage from all you dang hoosiers.

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-01 5:14 pm   Permalink

I'm actually from San Diego, Ca originally, but I live in West Lafayette so not real close to KY

Holding tiki mugs ransom? what has this world come to?

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 7:38 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-06-29 07:03 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-01 7:50 pm   Permalink

Hopefully, but I have no idea what my research/school schedule will look like

I just noticed that my bio says I'm a 4 yr grand member... I just joined like 1 hr ago!

dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 8:03 pm   Permalink

I just noticed that my bio says I'm a 4 yr grand member... I just joined like 1 hr ago

you know what they say Lucky..... " Time flies when you are having fun".

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-01 9:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-01 20:03, dibroc wrote:
I just noticed that my bio says I'm a 4 yr grand member... I just joined like 1 hr ago

you know what they say Lucky..... " Time flies when you are having fun".

funny thing is I've been watching "back to the future" tonight
So I guess I'm in a 4 yr fast forward!
Best part is that means I'm almost done with my PhD... I suppose I should call my girlfriend to see if we're still together too

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-02 10:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-24 15:59, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-24 14:30, Humuhumu wrote:

Many hold it to be poor form to buy an event mug for an event they did not attend.

and many don't.

some are anti-social and just like mugs.

While I don't personally have any mugs from events that I have not attended, I do have a ton of mugs from bars & restaurants that I've never been to. In fact, many went out of business before I was born. I don't see a difference.

-Z

THANK YOU, Z! Forget form(alities) we are collecting ceramic cups. Have fun and collect what you love.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 10:53 am   Permalink

Right over the border in May will be Tiki Eyeball in May. We are working on a custom mug for the event. It will be a limited edition of 150. First year for this event. Going all out to have a custom mug the first year. Come over and get one!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-02 1:09 pm   Permalink

That looks great! and I would totally go but I'll be in San Diego for my girlfriends college graduation though and I don't think she would be to happy if I was missing it for a tiki event...

Any help would be great on this one!

tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 9:01 pm   Permalink

[Grudgingly helping a Boilermaker...]

Does it have to be an event mug? If you are in SD, then Oasis is coming up in August. But I suppose your girlfriend will be graduating around May-ish, so it may be a bit late for you.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-03 06:13 am   Permalink

No doesn't have to be an event mug, I just like them because you usually they're the most artistic of the bunch...

In fact I'm trying to track down SHAG mugs right now (with little luck)

Tiki Oasis is the weekend right before Fall semester starts up s I might be able to go, but It probably wouldn't be a wise decision!

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

Forget form(alities) we are collecting ceramic cups.

It's a sad realization...But true, we collect ceramic cups... It's all the internet's fault. If it wasn't for the damn internet I wouldn't know you guys and there would be no eBay and I wouldn't know Tiki mugs existed beyond the Maui Lu Daga mug.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation