[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana My Official Announcement *WE MADE IT!!!*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My Official Announcement *WE MADE IT!!!*
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 06:17 am   Permalink

On March 1st, my family and I are removing ourselves from the frozen tundra of West Allis, Wisconsin and relocating to the sunny beaches of Port Saint Lucie, FL! There are lots of reasons; crime, taxes, and weather being primary ones, but really it's just because we wanted too. My wife and I are at a point in our lives where we want to be where we're going to be. Does that make sense? I don't want to cut on Wisconsin, because it's a great place with a lot of great people. It's where I grew up and I will always love it. But sometime in the next few years we will be buying another house and that one will be the one we grow old in. So all things being equal, we wanted to be somewhere warm and near family. So, Florida, here we come! Wish us luck!

Now, where's my uke...

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy 2007-03-03 08:25 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 07:05 am   Permalink

Wow...March 1st! That doesn't give us much time to throw a going away party...
so it's ONE MORE REASON to get my ass to Florida. Wisconsin's loss in Tiki will
definitely be Florida's gain. Good Luck Finky Family.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 09:25 am   Permalink

Looks like you'll be seeing more of the Wizard (Benz).

That's a plus for Fla. Good luck finkdaddy!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 11:40 am   Permalink

Good luck with your move!
And welcome to Florida!! I hope you enjoy Port St Lucie. It's very pretty over there. You'll certainly be closer for the next Hukilau, isn't that convenient?!?
Hope to cross paths soon,
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 4:52 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new tiki bar construction!

Good luck with it all mate

Hewey

Does this mean you'll be closer to me?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 7:01 pm   Permalink

That's great news, Fred! Maybe we'll see you at The Mai Kai on the 9th???

If not, I'm sure we'll get a chance to hang out sometime soon. Good luck with the move!

Josh

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-25 07:08 am   Permalink

Conga, thanks man! When you come down to visit there will be an extra room for you. Just make sure you bring a drum and that bamboo sax.

Jungle Trader, I should see more of Benz since we'll only be 10 blocks apart! I can't wait to see how knowing him will effect my art.

Kikekeki, I think we'll like it. And you're right, the Hukilau will be very close.

Hewey, new bar plans are already in place. The Leeward Lounge will live on! Since I am a lot closer to you now I expect to see you at all my parties.

Josh, we have to hang out soon! There's a good chance we'll see you on the 9th, assuming our place has settled down a bit. Will you be playing my song?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 5:21 pm   Permalink

I think the real question is will YOU be playing your song? You're more than welcome to grab the mic!

J

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 06:11 am   Permalink

Fink...congrats on the move...its finally happening...now you can teach me some lessons on bone carving one on one. You know you are always welcome down in Boca for some carving. Were just an hour and twenty south of ya.

The FL Ohana is getting better all the time.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 06:25 am   Permalink

SUNNY BEACHES!!! Awsome, news Fred!

Be ready to sing your tune on the 9th when you come down to the Mai-Kai (you GOTTA make it, man -- it's a great way to celebrate your new adventure).

Aloha.
T

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 06:48 am   Permalink

cool! yet another reason to make the trek south!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the Sunshine State, Fink! you have my address and phone #; you're welcome anytime.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 6:25 pm   Permalink

Finky,
Good luck with the move. Am looking forward to having you as a neighbor. Try not to spend too much time hangin' out at Benz garage.

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 7:55 pm   Permalink

Welcome, finkdaddy.
See you soon. I'm planning on making the trek to the Mai Kai on the 9th as well.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 8:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-25 07:08, finkdaddy wrote:Jungle Trader, I should see more of Benz since we'll only be 10 blocks apart! I can't wait to see how knowing him will effect my art.

He has already effected your art, I've seen his influence in your work. I do understand what your saying, more so once your there. Just make sure you have a hurricane room/basement.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation