FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut art show/mug launch March 16th with Doug Horne
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tonga Hut art show/mug launch March 16th with Doug Horne
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 12:31 am   Permalink

Good gig tonight! Hope everyone did well. Looks like there was some art sellin' goin' down! Crowded, then thinned, then crowded again. I had to bail round 10:30.

Hope it kept/keeps goin' for Y'all!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 09:40 am   Permalink

What a Night!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 09:58 am   Permalink

I mean everyone went NUTS!
There was Bareback Deer Riding!

Illegal Gambling

And some other activities Illegal in MOST States!

Tonga Hut! the best place to get Squirrely on Weekend Night!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 11:12 am   Permalink

Great show, I left with zero dollars in my wallet and even owing $10 bucks. Of course didn't take nearly enough photos. Thanks to all the artists. This was great.

Crazy Al's new sun catchers. The red one is already hanging from my car's rear view.

Kirby's 6' tiki -- wow, it's even better up close and personal.

And this tiki was amazing.

The Master DJ Lee (I'm sporting Squid's Moai #1)

Bamboo Ben showing Ooko Lady his new threads from the Tiki Terrance in Chicago.

The back of the jacket -- sweet Ben.

Bamboo Ben showing Bora Boris that Baby Got Tiki.

And Groggy came out to play. Cheekygirl, Grog & Kaula Tiki

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 11:12 am   Permalink

[

[ This Message was edited by: ojaitimo 2007-03-20 18:54 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 3:03 pm   Permalink

Alvin...?

Alvin...??

ALVIN...!!!

Knew that chipmonk was trouble. Somebody should'a called him a cab before he had Suzi climbing tables.

What a blast, and thanks to Doug Horne for signing my mondo-ultra-cool new mug. Oooo.

Hope to see some of the survivors at TV's 90210 tonight.

and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ This Message was edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-03-17 15:04 ]

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 3:08 pm   Permalink

BambooBen and BoraBoris vibin on some Muskrat Luv!

Doug had a little bit of trouble from Rufus ...something about replacing all of his monkeys with squirrels or somethin....

GROG and his Good Ol' Boys!

Unfortunately, a fight broke out at the Bar...

then a Swordfight broke out in the crowd! Al was almost pierced by the ruffian's steel!

All in all it was a Nutty Time!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-03-17 16:54 ]

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:54 pm   Permalink

Hey Little Lost Tiki, I was buying a print from Doug Horne when he asked if you were as crazy as your posts seem you are . I told him YES but without your photoshop you were as harmless as a sack of wet mice .We missed you there , Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-17 8:14 pm   Permalink

Yes, it's amazing how Kinny posted all these photos of stuff that happened at the Tonga Hut last night, but he wasn't even there. GROG believe it may be with the help of his Portal OF Time machine, or P.O.T. for short. He may have to have it adjusted, because it sure smokes alot when he uses it and the deminsions he travels to are a bit surreal compared to the actual events. GROG saw a Squid , a Horn Dog and several monkeys (but they were in paintings), but no squirrels at the Tonga Hutlast night (at least not in the real world).

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 8:30 pm   Permalink

But...but...I have Photos!!!!!
P.O.T. machine?
The reason you don't "remember" is because of all that Navy GROG you swigged down!
Let us Never Forget!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-03-17 20:31 ]

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 10:24 pm   Permalink

Hey Grog , you nailed that one . Lil Wahine said she had great time meeting you and everyone else at the event .Thanks for making her feel welcome . I think we created another tiki freak .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 12:01 am   Permalink

Hey LLT why were you not there, I thought you lived there???

I didnt see any of those chipmunks or squirrels. They must have been hiding from me, as my dad and I used to go out in the hills to shoot those little varmints.

Great art event.
No offense, but they really have to work on their drinks, thst stuff is just putrid. I almost asked for my money back, but didnt want to be rude.
so I'm being rude here. Yuk!! a whole shot of Grenedine in a Zombie,
thats a bit excessive don't ya think??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 12:07 am   Permalink

Yeah, don't get the zombie there. The Voodoo Juice is the drink to get at the Tonga Hut. It's kind of inconsistent and tastes different depending on which bartender you get it from, but it's generally drinkable and is stronger than you would suspect.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 12:08 am   Permalink

Well Jeff, suffice it to say that our beloved Atomikitty was NOT behind the bar.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-18 12:08 am   Permalink

Thanks for coming to the event Tiki Ray and bringing Lil Wahine. She's a very nice lady and very pretty, with a great smile. GROG looking forward to swinging by Rancho Cucamunga for the Tikis and Pinups gig on April28. GROG afraid to post on that thread until Tiki Trav's pictures have been bumped down enough to start a new page. Save some of Claritas candles for GROG.

And thanks to everybody who showed up for the event and all the artists who participated. It was alot of fun and very successful for all involved.

HUGE thanks to Suzy for all your hard work contacting and coordinating info with all the artists, and for masterfully Photoshopping 2 different flyers that looked so nice--have you ever considered a career in art? And thanks for all your promoting here, myspace, and etc., and all the places you dropped flyers off at around town. Thanks for printing those out, too. And thanks for babysitting, or rather, setting up the artists between 3 and 6 before the show. GROG hope you sold enough coconut monkey art to make all the time, effort and running around worth your while. GROG really like GROG's coconut monkey prints--again, have you ever considered a career in art? You're REALLY talented, you might want to give it some thought. One of these days GROG will hopefully have some time to actually do some art to show and sell at these events, rather than just buying everybody elses awesome stuff. Maybe some coconout monkey art. ;P

Sorry Ana and Jeremy for working your bartenders so hard, you can really work up a thirst buying and selling mugs and art at these events. Meghan and Myriah had a heck of a job mixing drinks with so many thirsty patrons. And thanks DJ Lee for playing some kickin' tunes.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-03-18 00:12 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation