FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki treasures & polynesian pinups (1st annual)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
tiki treasures & polynesian pinups (1st annual)
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-06 16:11, TIKI-RAY wrote:
I just wanted to let Lucas know that I cant stop playing that CD . It Rocks !

I will second that! over 600 miles and I just took it out of the CD player when I shipped my van today. Really great tunes and arrangements. Thanks again for the disk LV.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 6:29 pm   Permalink

Is that the one with the version of Bob will's "Roly-Poly"?
I got that one too! Lucas Rocks!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lil wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-07 7:11 pm   Permalink

yep, i'm diggin this cd...goin in the fave's for sure..nice variety thanks!

View Profile of lil wahine Send a personal message to lil wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 9:58 pm   Permalink

Yeah LV, great CD you put together. I'm really digging the Latin/Bossa Nova stuff.

[ This Message was edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-05-08 10:15 ]

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 03:35 am   Permalink

I concur-MOST awesome CD Lucas, MAHALO! You are one multi-talented cat! I was listening to it today as I painted my next coconut monkey! Perfect!

Well, Suzy-come-lately has finally gotten around to downloading her photos from the show. Not too many, but thought I'd add them to the pot. Thanks so much Tiki Ray and Lil' Wahine for organizing this great event!

Dave's not home, Kim and Chongolio trying out his new marketing scheme-hypnotism!

Kirby doing his best 'I wear my sunglasses at night' Corey Hart imitation

SQUID. Rockin' it.

The great Bill Tapia and I (Wow I look tall for once!)

The Coconut Monkeys!

Me, Adam and the monkeys.

A very well dressed tiki couple!:)

Atomikitty vamps it up-her cornball factor goes to 11!

Fun show! Lot's of new faces! The Smokin' Menehunes sounded GREAT as usual-only wish I could have caught more of their sets. I must admit, I was too shy to mingle much with the pin-up gals, plus I was concerned about leaving my coconut monkeys unattended-they tend to wander off or get into trouble when left unsupervised-especially if there is rum around!:)

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 06:13 am   Permalink

Thanks!

Yes, that's "roly Poly". I used my Mandolin and my Nashville deluxe telecaster for the solos. The bass was recorded with just a microphone.

Once I get a chance, I am going to tackle a few more Bob Will's songs. I had a version of "New San Antonio Rose" but I erased it because I had vocals on it, and I just can't sing at all. It almost always sounds bad.You may or may not have noticed, but there are also some Chet Atkin's covers I did on there too!

I feel bad that I did not have any Smokin menehune's CDs to hand out. We do have one, (and I think it is pretty good), but no one else in the band likes it. It was recorded too soon after Palika joined, and we jumped the gun a little. We will be working on a good one soon, though.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 4:14 pm   Permalink

Breaking news !!!!!! This just in.... "King Punani" eats his latest victim at TTPP show .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation