FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » New SHAG mugs in the future?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
New SHAG mugs in the future?
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-26 08:18 am   Permalink

Sorry if I maybe got someones hopes up that I was hinting at something...

but I was just wondering if anyone thinks Josh will design more mugs in the future? I realize that pretty much anything that is said would be pure speculation, but I would like to hear what people think.

And I don't mean mugs like the Pink Panther ones; those don't interest me. Hopefully he'll do more like the Tiki farm sets of 5 or 3 or single ones like the Wahaku warrior.

As a side note is $500 fair for a matching #'s set of the SHAG tiki farm 5 (2nd glaze version)?

mahalo in advance

View Profile of luckytiki Send a personal message to luckytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 08:24 am   Permalink

I talked with him about that at Tiki Art now 3 and he does have some mugs coming, Monkey related I believe...
Makedamug should have the details.

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 08:30 am   Permalink

""I realize that pretty much anything that is said would be pure speculation, but I would like to hear what people think."-Luckytiki

If there is money to be made, there will be more mugs made from Shag. So that's a yes.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-26 10:05 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:17 ]

View Profile of BlackFish Send a personal message to BlackFish      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 1:51 pm   Permalink

Here's a sneak peak of the S&P set as well as the back panel of the box.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 2:40 pm   Permalink

One tiki on the left looks familiar. I couldn't find it, but doesn't Bosko have a tiki like that or am I thinking on a Shag print with that tiki?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 2:52 pm   Permalink

Oh, by the way, I need those. Will be looking to buy

MakeDaMug, it must to cool to be a source to info that many tiki heades are interested in. You are always laying down these polished pics at the right moments.

luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-26 3:22 pm   Permalink

Wow thanks for the info! Those look great... any idea on price for the S&P and the other mugs?

View Profile of luckytiki Send a personal message to luckytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 5:46 pm   Permalink

After I get the final price on the packaging, I'll have a better idea but for now, the S&P set will retail somewhere in the $13.95 range. Shagmart is selling/pricing the mugs - not sure on those.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-27 6:02 pm   Permalink

We want those too! Salt and Peppers are great. Your tape should be in your hands soon, let me know what you think, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 10:10 pm   Permalink

i picked up those shakers at freaky boutiki in san diego last weekrnd. very cool!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-01 06:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-28 22:10, kingstiedye wrote:
i picked up those shakers at freaky boutiki in san diego last weekrnd. very cool!

Another reason that I'm so mad at myself... I lived in San Diego up until 8 weeks ago and never knew about these places... my girlfriend still lives in SD, maybe I can beg her to go get those for me!

king did they have any other SHAG items or mugs worth grabbing?

Also I'm openly looking to buy SHAG mugs now... should I post that in this forum and where? I know there's a few on ooga-mooga FS but personally I think they're a little overpriced. I'm hoping there's a few unwanted mugs

BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-01 12:02 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:22 ]

View Profile of BlackFish Send a personal message to BlackFish      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
luckytiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-01 3:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-01 12:02, BlackFish wrote:
Hey lucky. I've got some unwanted Shag mugs at my house. By me anyway. My wife collects Shag mugs.
We would have to make it look like a break-in. And the only thing they take is her stuff.
Just kidding with ya man. And hoping your lucky in your search. You will get them. It just takes time.
My wife has been collecting the Shag mugs for just over a year or so and only needs the Short Ratonga Blue
and the Tunga-Toa Green to complete her collection. Here is a shot of her Shag thing in progress.

Hahaha if you ever want to stage that "break-in" let me know that's a great collection especially since it's been obtained a short amount of time...I'm really jealous!

rainer cruz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-12 08:23 am   Permalink

the mugs will be based on the print "Drunken Cleric"!

View Profile of rainer cruz Send a personal message to rainer cruz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation