FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » New SHAG mugs in the future?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
New SHAG mugs in the future?
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-15 8:37 pm   Permalink

I forgot all about it but don't really care. You know that most people would have bought two sets and they'll be up on eBay within a few days. I still won't be interested.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2010-09-15 20:39 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-15 20:37, swizzle wrote:
I forgot all about it but don't really care. You know that most people would have bought two sets and they'll be up on eBay within a few days. I still won't be interested.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2010-09-15 20:39 ]

Well, there you go...your lack of interest is duly noted. Glad that you didn't miss anything Swizzle.

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 2:53 pm   Permalink

Been waiting for years for the new Tiki Farm Shags to roll out. Was on my computer at 5:50. Refreshed the page and bought a set immediately once it became available. Got through the order process and rec'd a confirmation e-mail from Tiki-Farm at 6:04. Was happy as hell.

Now today I got an e-mail from Tiki Farm that said that my order was placed after they had sold out - so no new Shag mugs. I have been on an economy imposed tiki mug buying hiatus for a couple of years. I explained to my wife that these mugs were "different" and got her blessing. SO, you could understand my excitement in getting a set. Alas - I don't think it was meant to be. Thanks Tiki Farm for ruining my day!

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithom

Posted: 2010-09-16 3:45 pm   Permalink

Same thing happened with me. I completed the form within a couple of minutes immediately at 6pm, and my confirmation email was timestamped 6:05 and I got that sad message today as well. Ah well, that was $150 (after tax and shipping) I really couldn't afford to spend anyway, as the fox said about the tikis, er, grapes.

Quote:

On 2010-09-16 14:53, smgleason47 wrote:
Been waiting for years for the new Tiki Farm Shags to roll out. Was on my computer at 5:50. Refreshed the page and bought a set immediately once it became available. Got through the order process and rec'd a confirmation e-mail from Tiki-Farm at 6:04. Was happy as hell.

Now today I got an e-mail from Tiki Farm that said that my order was placed after they had sold out - so no new Shag mugs. I have been on an economy imposed tiki mug buying hiatus for a couple of years. I explained to my wife that these mugs were "different" and got her blessing. SO, you could understand my excitement in getting a set. Alas - I don't think it was meant to be. Thanks Tiki Farm for ruining my day!

View Profile of tikithom Send a personal message to tikithom  Goto the website of tikithom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 4:11 pm   Permalink

I heard a lot of denials happened even with speediness.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBeast
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-16 4:36 pm   Permalink

Denied. 6:03.

Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:03 PM
subject 51##897 Order Confirmation
hide details 6:03 PM (21 hours ago)
Your order has been successfully received by Tiki Farm and is being processed.

Date : 15 Sep 2010 - 20:03
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I then offered to pay double for the exact #23 of 250.

View Profile of TikiBeast Send a personal message to TikiBeast  Email TikiBeast     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-16 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-16 14:53, smgleason47 wrote:

THAT SUCKS!!! If they are going to virtually sale out in store, then they shouldn't bait everyone with such high expectations. At least my denial was almost immediate. I am sorry you got jerked around. Not very much ohana in this process, eh?

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 6:45 pm   Permalink

I represent another 6:03 confirmation that ended up getting denied.

I suggested via email that perhaps the next time the offer could be limited to 1 set per person to help even it a little bit.

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-17 01:54 am   Permalink

Add me to the list of folks who received an order confirmation that was later denied; I'm bummed.

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John the Mainlander
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-17 05:56 am   Permalink

Add me to the 6:03 list. I was so excited to get a set. I'd been waiting for these for a long time. Then...24 hours later the "well...yo ureally didn't get a set" email. The thrill of victory...and the agony of defeat. I still ove Tiki Farm though. The TV Chicago mugs are awesome. I just don't understand why they couldn't cut off the "successful order confirmations" when the mugs sold out.

View Profile of John the Mainlander Send a personal message to John the Mainlander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-17 06:10 am   Permalink

After years of quick Tiki Mug sell outs, I had worked out the system of having two different browsers up (Chrome & Opera) and also having all my address info auto filled. With this I was able to get a 6:01pm order that shipped out yesterday. I've missed out on sweet mugs in the past but I've never blamed the makers/sellers. I think anyone who has bought a Shag mug in the past knew this would sell out quick. Tiki Farm isn't really a big online business as they do more in making mugs for companies.... So, they don't have a super high tech inventory control program like Target or Home Depot..... Hell, back in the day you had to call in and hope you got someone when these orders went down. Of course that beat getting trampled at Disneyland during a big merchandise event.... Thanks to Holden and the gang for putting out yet another great piece.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiBeast
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-17 06:28 am   Permalink

Good advice, I was attempting to do the same.
Looks like between 6:00, and 6:02 might have been the sweet spot...

It was good to hear someone got some. Lucky you!
Please tell us what #s you get when you get them...
I will live vicariously --with your fastest order on TC!

View Profile of TikiBeast Send a personal message to TikiBeast  Email TikiBeast     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisurfrider

Posted: 2010-09-17 08:42 am   Permalink

I was lucky also!!!! Order 789
Went thru and is onroute to its
New home with the other shag's mugs!

Also onroute from outré galley is Gafua from exhibit "Inscrutable Mystery Guide"

Sorry for the rest that missed out

View Profile of Tikisurfrider Send a personal message to Tikisurfrider  Email Tikisurfrider     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John the Mainlander
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-17 10:21 am   Permalink

Stop the presses. I just got a set at Shagmart! The thrill of victory...the agony of defeat...the thrill of victory again!

View Profile of John the Mainlander Send a personal message to John the Mainlander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-17 10:46 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewforum.php?forum=12&38039

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation