[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tommy Bahama rums
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tommy Bahama rums
DJ HawaiianShirt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-19 8:39 pm   Permalink

I went to a bar the other night and the Tommy Bahama rums were indeed on the top shelf with the likes of Tanqueray, Disaronno, etc. And all because that's the only place they fit.

Spirited Remix - cocktails and spirits blog
http://spiritedremix.blogspot.com

View Profile of DJ HawaiianShirt Send a personal message to DJ HawaiianShirt  Goto the website of DJ HawaiianShirt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 09:49 am   Permalink

Here is So. Cal, the Beverages & More store near me has little airline mini bottles of Tommy Bahama rums, both white and an amber rum. I'm curious. Guess, I'll have to go pick them up.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 11:38 am   Permalink

Small airline-sized bottles are good to try it, but the stuff isn't any better than Mt Gay. There is a little something at the very end that I still can't figure out, but it's not worth all the extra money. Stick with Mt. Gay if you want a Barbados rum.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 1:59 pm   Permalink

I saw the "nips" for Tommy Bahama and they were double-sized - larger than 50ml, certainly not 200ml - priced at $5.00.

For $3 I would have bought the bottles, but not for $5. From what everyone is saying there couldn't possibly be $2 worth of rum in one of those bottles.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 2:12 pm   Permalink

I thought it was none too HOT; 5.99 for the little bottle and it was not distinctive enough to merit repurchase no matter WHAT the bottle looks like--I thought it seemed like the STORE BRAND rum & I'm sticking with my story--of course I like the Pyrat XO so grain of salt offered

[ This Message was edited by: bb moondog 2007-04-25 14:16 ]

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 3:58 pm   Permalink

I have a few vintage shirts that I got lucky on finding as well as new collectables. Where is the best place to find an aloha shirt without draining the bank account (TB)or going mental finding them?

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
munsey02

Posted: 2007-05-18 1:07 pm   Permalink

Must have defected taste buds. Had Tommy Bahama drinks with a number of people this past week. We all raved about it. The White Sand has a crisp clean citrus taste. You can drink it straight up in a Martini glass. The Golden Sun just sipping or float of a premium orange spirit was unbelievable. The price was well worth it. In the club we were at in NYC not one person didn't like it

View Profile of munsey02 Send a personal message to munsey02      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 2:10 pm   Permalink

So nice to meet you, Munsey. Are you from there? Perchance you are employed by Mr. TB? If you'd like, you can make a formal introduction in the New Members thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&hilite=new%20members

Quote:

On 2007-05-18 13:07, munsey02 wrote:
You can drink it straight up in a Martini glass.

Perhaps you meant to say a cocktail glass?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevemarkoya

Posted: 2007-05-18 5:20 pm   Permalink

I tried the TB rum the other day when I found the 50ml bottles for $1.99 at a local haunt of mine. The Gold one was just okay...certainly not something to write home about. I could see that it may be decent in a mixed drink but neat it was not too enjoyable (not much body)...kinda reminded me of heavier Bacardi Gold. For the price there are a TON more choices which are much better buys. The white one I tried on the rocks with just a twist of lime. It was pretty decent...had a nice crisp taste, but again based on the price there are several other much better white rums available (Flor De Cana, Appelton, Barbancourt etc). If they were to retail for about half I could see them being a bit more popular...but for the $30 they are going for there are way too many other rums that offer more flavor........just my .02$

View Profile of stevemarkoya Send a personal message to stevemarkoya      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-05-18 6:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-18 13:07, munsey02 wrote:
...not one person didn't like it

Oh I see, not one person didn't like it, but several didn't.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation