FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Divy...dare you bid against the mighty Kahuna?
Divy...dare you bid against the mighty Kahuna?
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 8:48 pm   Permalink

Just kidding....I have a Maori fetish!

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-01-12 20:49 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 8:58 pm   Permalink

Oh crap. I was watching that too. Your panel you made, turned me towards to Maori style. Btw BK you see this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13765&item=2153935319

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2003-01-12 21:09 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-12 9:45 pm   Permalink

That's very cool...I placed a bid....Thanks, Turbo! Pictures are the best carving guides...Thanks for the panel comp! That is very humbling, though. It ain't no real Maori by any means...those people are just beyond any human measure for incredible art! I am a great admirer. I was just kidding on Divy. I just wondered who knew my I.D. on E-bay (hotcoffee@alltel.net).

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 05:49 am   Permalink

Didn't know that was you! I do try to watch names but had no idea you were "Hotcoffee". By all means don't feel you can't bid against me. I liked the piece but I set a limit on what I would bid. Good luck to the best woman or man!

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 06:28 am   Permalink

If the price of The Art of Maori Carving get's too out of control on eBay, it's always worth checking out http://www.bookfinder.com as you can pick up pretty much any book you want there. (Currently 21 matches for The Art of Maori Carving) It's a site that's been mentioned before in a post, but it really is a great site for the literate Tiki-phile.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 09:42 am   Permalink

Cool website...cool carving pic forum! You have a formidable Shag collection.

divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 4:16 pm   Permalink

Sneaky, Sneaky... just kidding, hope you win!

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 8:11 pm   Permalink

Looks like we both got suckerpunched...

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation