FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Vic's, Dallas, TX (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Trader Vic's, Dallas, TX (restaurant)
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 05:32 am   Permalink

The Dallas Morning News has rated Trader Vic's one of the Top 10 new restaurants in Dallas for 2007.

Click here for the slide show

Trader Vic's is on page 17 & 18.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 12:45 pm   Permalink

More changes in store for the Dallas TV drink menu!

Currently, the drink menu lists 90 drinks. They've decided to knock it down to a mere 75.

The prices on almost every drink is dropping between 50 cents and $5.00. Most notably, the Mai Tai is dropping from $9.50 to $5.00 and the Dallas Star from $12.00 to $7.00 (you don't get the free glass anymore). No more happy hour drink specials (I have to admit I was loving that!). According to the new menu, several drinks will not see a price cut and neither will any of the bowls.

The drinks that have been taken off the menu are ones that are rarely sold. They can still make them if you order one, but they make so few of these most of the bartenders have to look up the ingredients. These include:

La Florida
Barbados Cocktail
Starboard Light
Wahine
Trader Vic's Grog
Gun Club Punch
Munich Sour
Pino Frio
Honolulu
Tutu Rum Punch
Zamboanga Punch
Trader Vic's Daiquiri
Shingle Stain
Molokai Mike (thank God!)
Tortuga
Benedictine Brandy

added to the menu: Tequila Mai Tai

The new menu has not gone into affect yet and hasn't even been printed. I got hold of a PDF file of the new menu and will post it once it's been finalized.

~just keeping you informed!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 11:00 pm   Permalink

Oh No! When will happy hour officially end? I want to get there at least ONCE before it does! That was part of why I went to the SF Trader Vic's all the time... happy hour!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 04:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-06 23:00, suzanne wrote:
Oh No! When will happy hour officially end? I want to get there at least ONCE before it does! That was part of why I went to the SF Trader Vic's all the time... happy hour!
Suzanne

Not sure..probably as soon as they get the menus printed. Mai Tai's will still be $5.00 but Bahias and Zombies will be $8.00.

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 06:21 am   Permalink

Well shoot.
At least they are still open!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 06:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-06 12:45, Kenike wrote:
...added to the menu: Tequila Mai Tai

I want to say that drink is called the Pinky Gonzales.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 07:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-07 06:21, Unkle John wrote:
Well shoot.
At least they are still open!

Exactly...and I talked to Rusty about this. They're concentrating on making Dallas TV as successful as they can and not spreading out quickly opening new restaurants. They know the drinks were a little overpriced and that it scared some people away. Rusty also said he wants EVERY customer to order a Mai Tai which is why he knocked the price down to what it was in the early 70's.

I think this is step in the right direction and a step in keeping Dallas TV a well oiled machine that's going to be around for a while. They definitely have a vision and a good understanding of the local market...something other Trader Vic's seriously lack.

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 08:47 am   Permalink

I totally agree.

I would love to see them open a TV outrigger bar out here.
Something 1/4 - 1/2 the size of the Dallas TV.
Well if we ever move back to the Dallas area, I'll make Trader Vic's a weekly deal. That is unless they open something here in Lubbock, then I'll be all over it.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-07 11:05 am   Permalink

New drink prices go into effect January 18th.

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 11:04 am   Permalink

I hear it, off in the distance, it's subtle but I can just make it out. The soothing tone of waves hitting the...wait, this is the middle of Texas, no waves...uh, the soft rustling of the gentle breeze through the prairie grasses. It beckons to me, it's calling me. Out on the horizon I see a shimmering message:

Mai Tai's will still be $5.00 but Bahias and Zombies will be $8.00.

The siren song, the dulcet tones of a certain Germanic bar manager. Err, well, maybe not, but he does make the best Vic's drink ever. Still, I hear it, I hear it!

"Come to Dallas, midnite...come to Dallas where they have a great Trader Vic's"

Have cowboy boots, willing to travel,
lazy "R" midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 6:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Ah, yes, the most common stereotype of all things Texas. Being from Jersey myself, I thought the same thing.

Actually this part of Texas is NOT where you want to go to have a true Texas experience. "Generica" would be a more accurate stereotype for these here parts. Home Depot, Wal Mart, Target, Applebees & Best Buy every 2 miles...Starbucks every 30 feet. No cowboys or tumbleweeds that I've seen. An occasional cow here and there and the Fort Worth Stockyards, but that's about it.

And then there's Trader Vic's. Completely different than anything else in the state and people still walk in and say "Can you put the game on? I'll take a bud light."

May 3rd, Midnite!! I'll tell Lars to save a stool for you.

Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-12 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-11 18:25, Kenike wrote:
Quote:

Ah, yes, the most common stereotype of all things Texas. Being from Jersey myself, I thought the same thing.

Actually this part of Texas is NOT where you want to go to have a true Texas experience. "Generica" would be a more accurate stereotype for these here parts. Home Depot, Wal Mart, Target, Applebees & Best Buy every 2 miles...Starbucks every 30 feet. No cowboys or tumbleweeds that I've seen. An occasional cow here and there and the Fort Worth Stockyards, but that's about it.

And then there's Trader Vic's. Completely different than anything else in the state and people still walk in and say "Can you put the game on? I'll take a bud light."

May 3rd, Midnite!! I'll tell Lars to save a stool for you.

If you want the authentic part of Texas, you need to come out my way. And bring your craps we's gots rattlers down here.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 6:40 pm   Permalink

Here's a sneak peek at the new cocktail menu:

Deckhand_Davy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-03 10:10 pm   Permalink

Great! The menu will look great at our tiki bar!! (saw your evil bay store

[ This Message was edited by: Deckhand_Davy 2008-03-03 22:19 ]

View Profile of Deckhand_Davy Send a personal message to Deckhand_Davy  Goto the website of Deckhand_Davy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-03 10:49 pm   Permalink

Those drink menus look great, but whoever drew those background tikis is dipping way too deep into the Coco Joe's well for inspiration. They are exact copies of Coco Joe's statues - all that's missing are the jeweled eyes. Any chance the anonymous artists at Coco Joe's will at least get some recognition for their efforts?

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation