FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Trader Vic's, Dallas, TX (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Trader Vic's, Dallas, TX (restaurant)
TxTikiGirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-09 7:49 pm   Permalink

Just got back from Mai Tai Tuesday. I thought my drink...ok drinks, I had four...tasted weak. The vodka mai tais were measured out by hand but the rum mai tais came out of a pre-mixed container. Don't know if that was a factor. My drink had lots of ice. Can I get some Mai Tai with that ice? I had to drink it fast so it didn't get watered down too quickly and taste even weaker. I did eat the Summer Chicken Rolls -- basically a spring roll with peanut sauce. They were great. I recommend. Unfortunately a Rangers game was on -- boo. Why can't they pipe the music from the entrance hall into the bar? It was much more appropriate for the restaurant. Actually next time I'll take my drinks in the entry hall

[ This Message was edited by: TxTikiGirl 2009-06-09 19:50 ]

View Profile of TxTikiGirl Send a personal message to TxTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-11 2:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-09 19:49, TxTikiGirl wrote:
"Why can't they pipe the music from the entrance hall into the bar? It was much more appropriate for the restaurant. Actually next time I'll take my drinks in the entry hall "

Excellent idea! Let's all just start dragging the tables from the lounge, out into the foyer. When the manager asks, WTF?, tell him we like the music and the atmosphere much better, out here.

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfalaia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 8:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:38 ]

View Profile of surfalaia Send a personal message to surfalaia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 2:38 pm   Permalink

They've officially gone too far as far as I'm concerned:

Beauty Ballers & the Beatz
Hosted by Terrence Mcgee of the Buffalo Bills
Featuring Houston’s Def Jam Blaster spinning the hottest Hip-Hop, R&B, Neo Soul & Ol’ skool. Ladies admitted FREE before 11pm. Men $10 admission before 11pm. Complimentary valet for all guests.
Host:TRADER VIC'S - DALLAS
Time:10:00PM Saturday, June 20th

I wish them luck but I think it's over. It is for me. Very sad.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TxTikiGirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-18 08:49 am   Permalink

Yes the hip-hop demographic is what TV needs. Gross. They're so far off the reservation now. Sad indeed.

View Profile of TxTikiGirl Send a personal message to TxTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 08:42 am   Permalink

So... they are now charging to get into T.V.?

At least it was fun while it lasted.

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2009-06-19 08:57 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 08:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-19 08:42, Unkle John wrote:
So... they are now charging to get into T.V.?

Just for the hip-hop party that night. They booked the entire restaurant.

Who's going???

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 09:54 am   Permalink

Hey, hey, I'm going down to Trader Vishizzle's and get me a Navy Grozizzle, beotch!

I can see it now... instead of a Scorpion Bowl, they'll serve a Schlitz Malt Liquor 40, with 4 straws.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-06-19 10:00 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfalaia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 10:20 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:39 ]

View Profile of surfalaia Send a personal message to surfalaia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 10:58 am   Permalink

Just a reminder, there is a Texas Tiki email list that we use to alert everyone whenever there's a gathering or tiki related event anywhere in the state, including Trader Vic's. If you'd like to receive email updates please forward me your email address or send an email to txtiki@gmail.com

We usually have a big yearly gathering there and I was planning on putting together smaller monthly gatherings for the locals, but lately I've had a more authentic experience in my backyard with some tiki torches.

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-19 10:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-19 10:20, surfalaia wrote:
If any Dallas area tikiphiles (or aspiring rappers) want to meet for a drink next week, I'll be at the bar Tuesday night...

I intended to be there, last Tuesday, but got tied up. I'll try, again, this coming Tues. maybe along with the wife. Hope to see ya, and we can face the horror, together.

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 09:26 am   Permalink

Well, I met Surfalaia in the lounge, last Tuesday... and we weren't the only people there! Pretty sparse, though.
I finally tried one of the $3 Mai Tais, and was surprised. It didn't taste weak and awful, but pretty much the same as on any other night, during happy hour. Very good deal, at that price, I thought. Had several more. Also tried the Gingered Beef and Broccoli ($16). Quite tasty, filling, and a good price. I'd be likely to eat at TV's numerous times a year, at that entree price, but only rarely, at the high $20 to $30 range. Wish they'd add maybe a spicy Thai or Indian dish for that price.

surfalaia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 2:20 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: surfalaia 2009-08-05 07:37 ]

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-28 14:20, surfalaia wrote:
"...the bartender made me a drink that is not on the menu... called it a Hendrick's Special. It had Hendrick's gin, Pimm's, and muddled cucumber... it was DELICIOUS. Be sure to try it out during your next visit."

Do I get to count it as "having a salad"?

Gremmie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-01 1:55 pm   Permalink

I'm really surprised that this place is so hot and cold. Geez, you would hope they would cling to their identity and go with it.

It's good to hear it was a slightly better experience as of late.

View Profile of Gremmie Send a personal message to Gremmie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation