FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Radio Bamboo- My first podcast!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Radio Bamboo- My first podcast!
Brent

Posted: 2007-03-01 8:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha all, I'm still relatively new (2+ years) as a tikiphile and decided, like many before me, to launch a podcast. I'm playing Exotica along with classic and new lounge. I'm still expanding my catalog of music, so if you have any recommendations, or you'd like to plug your own own band let me know I figured this would be a great way to discover new music and share what I find.

Also an open invite to all who have home tiki bars, if you send me your pics I'll post them with credits on my site...Nothing big, I know, just my way of saying thanks for the inspiration.

You can find me on iTunes: Radio Bamboo or my site:
http://www.radiobamboo.com

Thanks!
-Brent

View Profile of Brent Send a personal message to Brent  Email Brent Goto the website of Brent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-02 06:50 am   Permalink

Looks cool...can't wait to check it out tonight! And I see you're from Portland...let's meet up sometime at Thatch.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 09:39 am   Permalink

Yeah, another Portlander! Welcome !!
There just happens to be a Portland Tikiphile happy hour gathering at Thatch tonite!

See you there?

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 11:02 am   Permalink

Just finished lisstenin' to your first podcast. Nicely done, it was sweet collection of classic and contemporary lounge tunes. Everything sounded very pro. I am sure they will keep getting better and better, Two monkey monkey Thumbs up.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 1:55 pm   Permalink

Brent,
VERY NICE! I'm listening to the podcast as I write this. Your site is very nice looking, love the photos! Great job!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 4:41 pm   Permalink

Alooooha! Listening to your first podcast now. Sounds great so far. Can't go wrong with classic exotica...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brent

Posted: 2007-03-03 6:02 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for such a warm tiki greeting!
Seamus- Sorry we missed you last night at Thatch. Me, the Mrs, and couple of friends will probably be there next Friday to scope things out for my 40th B-Day bash....Now I'm feelin old.

To all who have grabbed the Radio Bamboo feed, stay tuned for The Agents of Voodoo and TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA in Podcast 2.

Aloha-
-Brent

View Profile of Brent Send a personal message to Brent  Email Brent Goto the website of Brent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 4:53 pm   Permalink

Brent, be sure to mention your podcast here as well.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 2:29 pm   Permalink

Brent - Great job on your 1st run. The audio quality was excellent and the tune selection had a nice variety. The only creative criticism would be track arrangement. The couple "down-tempo" tunes seemed a little forced between the exotica stuff.

Since I dont have two furry monkey thumbs like my pal Chongolio, I'll give two hairless human thumbs up.

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: daves not home 2007-03-10 10:42 ]

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 11:58 pm   Permalink

Workin' into the wee hours on a gig and took Radio Bamboo for a test drive around the Island. Superb debut, we'll be tuning in again, and the Demented Menehunes will be posting your link at "YoYo Island's Links Lagoon" this coming week. I swear, the sound of a coconut ukulele drives me wild...

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo

Posted: 2007-03-21 8:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks again for all the great support and feedback! Kenike, I have to agree, the down-tempo feels like it needs it's own show rather than mixed in, and Son-of-Kelbo, thanks for the support on your site! I'm looking forward to getting #2 out the door...Dark Jungle Journeys, I'll be featuring music from The Agents of Voodoo, and Tikiyaki Orchestra.

Thanks again everyone!
-Brent

View Profile of Bamboo Send a personal message to Bamboo  Email Bamboo Goto the website of Bamboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-24 1:17 pm   Permalink

The Demented Menehunes on YoYo Island can't wait for the next Radio Bamboo 'cast. (They're tired of the Tradin' Post radio's hazy reception...)

Glad to include your banner here at the island's Links Lagoon, and looking forward to hearing what you have in store next time. (Hope there's a coconut ukulele in there somewhere...) Don't make us wait too long, and how 'bout a word about how your fans can get on the mailing list so we know when you've got the mast up again?

Cheers and aloha!
SOK

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo

Posted: 2007-03-30 6:43 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone, I just posted podcast 2 this afternoon. Sorry it was a few days later than expected but I was called out of town on business. I want to send a big thanks to Agents of Voodoo and Tikiyaki Orchestra for contributing music. Per many requests, I also added a subscription service to radiobamboo.com

Enjoy!
-Brent

View Profile of Bamboo Send a personal message to Bamboo  Email Bamboo Goto the website of Bamboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-03 08:25 am   Permalink

I just listened to your second show. It's amazing! Keep up the great work!

View Profile of tikitor Send a personal message to tikitor  Goto the website of tikitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-04 09:22 am   Permalink

Awesome !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation