advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help with History of CoCo Joes
Help with History of CoCo Joes
mikjr

Posted: 2007-03-04 10:12 pm   Permalink

Hello... I am an antiques/collectibles collector and also teach and lecture on the subject. I am putting together a class on Hawaiiana, and I'm trying to get some short historical info on CoCo Joes. I've seen a bit of info in the forums, but there's not enough info to use.

Can anyone give me a website, publication, or book that might provide me with the needed info?

OR... can someone just give me a timeline as to when, where, who, etc... anything would be appreciated.

Also, who's making the reproductions.

thanks
Mike A
maversa@mindspring.com

View Profile of mikjr Send a personal message to mikjr  Email mikjr     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 03:18 am   Permalink

I don't know if you've seen this yet.. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7625&forum=1&hilite=coco%20joes%20history Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikjr

Posted: 2007-03-07 11:10 pm   Permalink

I did see that posting, but it didn't provide me with enough info... such as dates of production, etc.

Also, I am gathering there is a difference between CoCo Joes and HIP items, right??

View Profile of mikjr Send a personal message to mikjr  Email mikjr     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation