FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau 2007,Online gallery live & merchandise
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The London Luau 2007,Online gallery live & merchandise
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 01:26 am   Permalink

http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk/

The London Luau 2007 webpage is up and the dates for this year's Luau are June 8,9,10th. Dr Alderete has kindly done the art work this year and he has come up with the 007 theme (get it!).
There are a few changes this year to make it a better Luau for everyone.
Trader Vic's Luau meal is no longer a buffet, instead everyone is guaranteed a seat and food will be brought on large trays and placed in the centre of the tables to share. We are also planning London's first alternative boat race in dug out canoes and will be holding traditional hula classes during the day.
The London Hilton is also doing a Luau special room rate, you can see the details in the Hotel section on the website.
There is more entertainment and locations to be announced so keep an eye on the website.
The London Luau tickets are strickly limited to 220 this year and would recommend booking early as the interest in this years Luau has been overwhelming.
We look forward to seeing you all there

http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk/

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-03-23 07:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-06-05 10:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-06-17 09:26 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-05 05:15 am   Permalink

Excellent....love the poster that is sheer brilliance. Of course, anything Bond gets my vote!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 07:13 am   Permalink

Crap. I'd hoped to be in London the week of the Luau, but my schedule was changed, and now I'll be there the week before. Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-05 07:33 am   Permalink

Forgot to mention, anyone interested in vending at the event, please get in touch with us info@thelondonluau.co.uk
Also if anyone is interested in submitting Artwork for the Artshow get in touch too.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 07:18 am   Permalink

Like last year we are doing a prize draw for everyone who gets their tickets before 1st May, one ticket number will be drawn out of the hat and the winner will get Dinner for two at Trader Vics, London to a value of 120.

We are also finalising one of the other exciting parts of the weekend, The battle of the Tiki bars, Londons Tiki bars go up against each other in an Outrigger Canoe Race on the River Thames.

Look forward to seeing some of you there

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

Pickle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-24 4:19 pm   Permalink

It's looking more likely that Steve and I will be able to make it...My liver is hurting just thinking about it!

View Profile of Pickle Send a personal message to Pickle      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 12:00 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to say that your whole 007 theme is spectacularly cool.
Love the artwork and everything about your site.

Looks like a blast, friend.
Wish I could do June, but there's another globe-trot in the offing in August.
I plan on being in London in September. Hope to see you then.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 3:48 pm   Permalink

Agreed. The 007 theme is great. But...

Um. If you can't improve upon the original. Uh....

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 12:57 am   Permalink

For all you Ticket holders the dinner at Vics prize is being drawn this afternoon.

We also would like to announce that we also have british surf band "Bikini Beach" playing on saturday night as well completing our line up.

www.cheekytiki.com

tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 11:10 am   Permalink

and the winner is...

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:26 am   Permalink

It's me!!!!
Nah not really but it was the same jammy bugger who won a bottle of rum last year.
Drum roll... and please step forward Mrs Sue Wright.
Congratulations and see you at the Luau.

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:31 am   Permalink

The London Luau Artshow and vending area are also confirmed, and are to be held at the truman Brewery on Londons very cool Brick Lane.
The space will be open for the Artshow opening on friday night and throughout the weekend where you can check out the Art, peruse the vendors, watch movies, learn to dance with Beats of Polynesia and have a few pre evening cocktails at the bar run by Giles and Michael from Cocktail Shakers, designers of some of the worlds best cocktail menus.
Look forward to seeing some of you there.

www.cheekytiki.com

54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-03 2:21 pm   Permalink

Congrats, Sue!

Feelin' smug here - booked a hotel a couple weeks' back ... as luck would have it, 10 mins walk from the marketplace!

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-03 2:34 pm   Permalink

Wow, Wow, Wow! Thanks guys that's great news, I have just found out through a text from Liz and Chris, I hadn't been on Tiki Central tonight as we have been out, but I am gobsmacked and really embarressed, especially after last year!! I am gonna take Dave there for his birthday and probably book into a hotel for the night, and just really enjoy it! Thanks again so much, can't wait for the Luau, roll on June!!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:49 pm   Permalink

The luau is shaping up to be a classic, can't wait, better get my crayons out and finish my projects for the artshow.

Well done sue and dave on the win, have fun.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation