FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The London Luau 2007,Online gallery live & merchandise
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The London Luau 2007,Online gallery live & merchandise
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 12:35 am   Permalink

I couldn't believe it when i pulled you name out of the hat...Sue you really are a lucky person.

Anjy @ CheekyTiki

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

...Well done sue and dave on the win, have fun.

Sorry? Does this mean I haven't won? Damn that curse of POCKETIKI #2!!!!! Well done Sue & Dave you jammy buggers!! Hot Rod Tucker anyone?

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 01:56 am   Permalink

This is basically the running order for the Luau this Year for those who are coming so you know whats on, although there might be acouple of last minute surprises

Tiki Art Show Opening, 5.00pm – 7.00pm, Friday 8th June.
Studio 95, The Old Truman Brewery, London E4 6QL

A private viewing of art works from a selection of Tiki Artists from around the world, plus complimentary Drinks.
This will also be the 1st chance you will have to get your hands on one of
Dr Alderete’s Limited Edition (100 only) London Luau 2007 prints.

Then, when you are ready, head on down to:

Mahiki, 7.00pm – 11.00pm, Friday 8th June.
Aloha Room, Mahiki, 1 Dover Street, London W1

Entertainment from ‘King Kukulele’ (U.S.A) and ‘Coco Nami’ (Germany), with DJ Hukilau.
Plus 1 complimentary Coconut Grenade.
Please make sure you get to Mahiki swiftly if you are coming from the Artshow as the entertainment will be starting early. Everyone is welcome to spread through out Mahiki after 11pm.

‘The London Luau’ at Trader Vics London, 7.00pm – 2.00am, Saturday 9th June.
The London Hilton on Park Lane, 22 Park Lane, London W1K 4BE

Entertainment from ‘Bo Axelzon and his Exotic Orchestra’ (Sweden), ‘Beats of Polynesia’ (The Islands) and ‘Bikini Beach Band’ (London), Plus DJ Lemon Squezer (Germany) and Dolly Mixturita, all compered by the one and only King Kukulele.

On arrival you will receive your complimentary ‘London Luau’ Tiki Mug with your complimentary Mai Tai in it.
(this mug is yours to take home so don’t forget it)

Trader Vic’s 3 Course Luau meal will be served at your table from 8.00pm – 10.00pm.
Trays of Trader Vic’s special Luau menu will be brought to your table for all at your table to share. If you are a vegetarian please let Trader Vic’s now when you reserve your table so they can provide for you

Trailer Happiness, Cocktail Master Class, 3.00pm – 11.00pm, Sunday 10h June
177 Portobello Road, London W11

Learn how to make the perfect Tiki drink from a Cocktail Master whilst listening to exotic sounds from DJ Huki Lau, Dolly Mixturita plus others.
And of course you get your complimentary Drink.

After the success of last years Artshow and Market Place we are doing it again all under the same roof which will be open to the public so you can bring your friends and family.

Tiki Market Place, Studio 95, The Old Truman Brewery,
10.00am – 6.00pm, Saturday 9th June & 11.00pm – 5.30pm, Sunday 10th June.
Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, London E4 6QL

This will have a variety of Tiki Traders, DJ’s, Entertainment, Tiki Carvers, "Ta moko" Tatto artist, Dance Classes, Paint your own tiki mug, Tiki Cinema and a Tiki Bar serving up your favourite cocktails all weekend long.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 12:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha Cheekytiki!

Thanks so much for inviting me to be in the London Luau Art show! I won't be able to be there in person, but my art will be! I'm really excited about the show - my nephew, who lives in the west end, says it's being held in a really hip and trendy area of London. An area where most artists are dying to get their stuff shown!

I feel like a real international artist of mystery now! Yeah baby, YEAH!

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 12:54 pm   Permalink

Umm, I didn't post that last message. Anyone know how this would happen?

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-16 4:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Surf Tiki,

Don't know what was going on. I posted that, but some how it left it as you. Huh? Hanford thinks it's a bug. Hope I didn't break Tiki Central!

Aloha,

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 02:03 am   Permalink

I must admit, it had me a little confused

POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 09:24 am   Permalink

WAHOO!!! Just got the tickets! This is going to be the tiki event of the year here in the UK and...I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! I know how hard Jamie & Anjy,, those CheekyTikis have been working to make this a success...and a success it will be! Looking forward to hooking up with all you guys coming over from Europe and the States. Remember...Mine's a Mai-Tai! Ha, ha!! Now...BRING IT ON!!!!

Trader Jim.

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-19 09:57 am   Permalink

With you all the way Trader Jim ... first round's on 'the newly-weds' ...

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 10:41 am   Permalink

I've got a ticket to ride, but no place to sit.

One (1) loud American seeks tablemateys for pig feast at Vic's. Willing to share snout. There will be snout, won't there!?! Have good table manners and plays well with others. Assuming, and it's getting iffier by the day, I make it though the first part of my journey, I'll be there Saturday, with bells/cool shirt on. Please respond to "midnite@OhdearLordletmesurvivethistrip.com" or just send me a PM here.

This little piggy,
el midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 11:02 am   Permalink

The luau is shaping up to be a classic.

We're putting the final touches to the script for a short film/podcast, which will premier at the luau artshow venue.

Plus I'll have new lino cuts prints for sale and zombie mugs. AND a very short run of pendants. I'll post some pics in the coming days.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 4:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

With you all the way Trader Jim ... first round's on 'the newly-weds' ...

Might just have to hold you to that Mr. & Mrs. Stevenson!

Quote:

[i]One (1) loud American seeks tablemateys for pig feast at Vic's...

Being we've missed you both times you've come over, you'd be more than welcome at our table, but I think it maybe oversubscribed already! Looking forward to hooking up during the evening either way! See you there!!

Quote:

[i]On 2007-05-20 11:02, tikiracer wrote:
...AND a very short run of pendants. I'll post some pics in the coming days.

Hey! If you think you are 'Sophisticated Suburban Savage!' enough....check out these bad boys! Don't go gettin' delusions of grandeur though, ONLY TIKI RACER has the full blown six tooth full monty! You'll KILL for one of the four tooth versions though...I DID! Maybe I'll post a piccie too? Do you think you are ready for that folks?

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!...in the company of the TC Ohana at the LONDON LUAU!!!

54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-22 03:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-20 16:56, POCKETIKI wrote:

One (1) loud American seeks tablemateys for pig feast at Vic's...

Being we've missed you both times you've come over, you'd be more than welcome at our table, but I think it maybe oversubscribed already! Looking forward to hooking up during the evening either way! See you there!!

Well, I rang Trader Vics and the lovely people said that they would do their best to make up a table for 13. They are SO nice.

Oh, wait... A table for (un)lucky 13, at Trader Vics, in London ... with someone called midnite_tiki...
Phew, that's OK the full moon is on 1 June! Aaooowww!

Make mine a Silver Bullet, just in case...

[ This Message was edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2007-05-22 03:45 ]

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 04:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

Well, I rang Trader Vics and the lovely people said that they would do their best to make up a table for 13. They are SO nice.

Oh, wait... A table for (un)lucky 13, at Trader Vics, in London ... with someone called midnite_tiki...
Phew, that's OK the full moon is on 1 June! Aaooowww!

Make mine a Silver Bullet, just in case...

They can always do what they do at the Savoy - True Story

Kaspar is a longtime resident of the Savoy Hotel on the Strand. Kaspar also hails from the 1920s, when he was carved by designer Basil Ionides. Sleek, black and 3 feet tall, the wooden cat sits inside a display case opposite the gift shop.

His job: to serve as the 14th guest when hosts find their private dinner parties attended by an unlucky number of guests. On request, Kaspar is seated in a chair, draped with a dinner napkin and served each course as though he were one of the diners.

The story goes that in 1898, hotel guest Woolf Joel hosted a dinner party for 13. He laughed off the superstition that held the first to rise from the table would be the first to die. Joel rose first and was shortly thereafter murdered in his native South Africa. From then on, the Savoy decided to even up all dinner parties of 13. Enter Kaspar. Visitors may see Kaspar in his showcase (and buy related souvenirs in the gift shop opposite), but he'll join your table only if you bring along 12 friends.

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2007-05-22 04:26 ]

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 10:18 am   Permalink

Well, I rang Trader Vics and the lovely people said that they would do their best to make up a table for 13. They are SO nice

Totally awesome! For a spell there I thought I'd be over at that table with Mohammed, Jugdish, and Sidney. I promise to be on my best behavior, which of course is a relative concept.

On request, Kaspar is seated in a chair, draped with a dinner napkin and served each course as though he were one of the diners.

Cat doesn't need a Mai Tai. I get the cat's drink, dibs on the cocktail.

He laughed off the superstition that held the first to rise from the table would be the first to die. Joel rose first and was shortly thereafter murdered in his native South Africa. From then on, the Savoy decided to even up all dinner parties of 13. Enter Kaspar. Visitors may see Kaspar in his showcase (and buy related souvenirs in the gift shop opposite), but he'll join your table only if you bring along 12 friends.

Hmm, hello Mohammed and Jugdish!

Mr. Bad Example,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation