FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 7 booking online
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 7 booking online
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-08 1:39 pm   Permalink

"Right in the lumber yard, Danny"

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-08 5:32 pm   Permalink

Hmmmmm....Caliente Tropics for T.O. VIII ????

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 7:29 pm   Permalink

Just Sherlocked the whole Hanalei/Crown Plaza hotel.

Bottom line is, the only major change is in the restaurant, and in the lobby. The restaurant is now twice as big, yes it has beige walls, but it still has a tropical/south seas feel. Almost nothing else has been done to the hotel.

They're not changing anything else now or in the future. It will be known as the Hanalei Conference Center, the new signs all say that. The gardens, the outriggers, everything will stay. They've actually put up more weapons and masks on the walls, if anything.

The funny thing to me is simply that the changes they have made are obviously bad business decisions. The happening spot at the hotel is the sushi bar & bar, there are literally three times more people there than at the restaurant. People obviously love the Tiki/sushi/polynesian drinks spot, and hang there for hours. Nobody is in the restaurant. Maybe that has a lot to do with the NEW MENU which is TERRIBLE!

I followed two suits around, one explaining to the other all about the changes, and they both seemed so jazzed about it, like they had created a billion-dollar hotel from a sow's ear. The little tour was ironic, because the new polish they've put on the place is not attracting customers, diners, or guests. It's so friggin obvious.

I mean, what do they expect returning guests to say? - - -

"Look, Esther! The walls are beige. How pretty! And the menu is just like Howard Jonson's now. Delightful! We'll have to tell all our friends about the new changes!"

Well, don't worry, it's not that bad and you can goof on it all you want now. Don't be shy - those suits WANT your opinions.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-11 8:48 pm   Permalink

The booze will make everything ok!

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-12 08:01 am   Permalink

I vote for Humphreys Half Moon Bay for Oasis XIII, Its got tiki a nice pool and its within staggering distance of the Bai Hai!

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-13 11:11 pm   Permalink

Well stated Cammo.

I couldn't agree with you more and although I knew about this remodel for a long time, when I first heard about it it came out of left field. AND I had already signed a contract for this year's event so I couldn't really say to them, "IF you destroy The Islands, then we will not have Oasis there." Then they could have said OK, we'll sue you for $50K
But for all the destruction, we can still look on the bright side and see lush tropical landscaping and a Moai by the pool. Stephen Crane's Luau artifacts in the atrium along with waterfalls, tropical drinks served in Tiki mugs, and some elements of the historic Hanalei hotel still intact.
Management has informed me that some (more) of the artifacts from the Islands restaurant will be re-installed onto the walls in the lobby and in the restaurant and the Islands Outrigger *sign* is apparently still there?
As far as a collection of artifacts goes it will still have more Tikis than Humphreys. . . .

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2007-05-13 23:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2007-05-25 14:46 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:07 pm   Permalink

Booya!

thats right!

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-30 11:57 am   Permalink

I just realized that since I'm participating in the "Native Chop Chop" on Sunday. I plan on booking myself for another night -- with a check out on Monday.

Maybe I trust I'll see more than a few Oasis folks there on Monday as well....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-02 12:49 pm   Permalink

Hey all, this will be my first year at Tiki Oasis. Just thought I'd introduce myself and maybe ask what to expect. I FULLY intend on participating the room crawl. Polynesian Painkillers in my room!

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-06-02 12:50 ]

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-04 2:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Otto, Any updates on Saturdays symposiums, as far as tickets and prices.

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaliTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-28 2:05 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to meeting you!

View Profile of CaliTiki Send a personal message to CaliTiki  Email CaliTiki Goto the website of CaliTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-28 7:20 pm   Permalink

Suffice to say they will be awesome (except for mine, don't go to mine so I don't ahve to work very hard cause I'll probably be hungover AND sleep deprived)

We are trying to work out a shopping cart issue on the website. The tickets are up for sale on the site but I did not want to announce it til I was SURE that it worked.

So, consider this an announcement to Tiki Cnetral that tix are on sale and limited

Free symposiums also have capacity limits so you should book them too

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 14:05, tiki leki wrote:

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 7:33 pm   Permalink

Yeah - we bought our Symposium tickets just earlier today - seemed to work just fine - no problems at all

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-28 7:50 pm   Permalink

Suffice to say they will be awesome (except for mine, don't go to mine so I don't have to work very hard cause I'll probably be hungover AND sleep deprived)

We are trying to work out a shopping cart issue on the website. The tickets are up for sale on the site but I did not want to announce it til I was SURE that it worked.

So, consider this an announcement to Tiki Central that tix are on sale and limited

Free symposiums also have capacity limits so you should book them too

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 14:05, tiki leki wrote:

babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 7:35 pm   Permalink

Hello there! We need a few VOLUNTEERS for Tiki Oasis! Want to get involved behind the scenes?

Specifically I am looking for a....

MYSPACE, blog lovin' person to help spread the word of the Tiki Oasis (perfect for a myspace junkie!)

AND

Someone in LA that can hit up a club this Saturday the 7th in LA and hit up a couple other places over the next week or so with flyers (perfect for the LA social butterfly!)

Both of these positions = FREE ticket to the event!

if interested e-mail me at:
thedevilettes@hotmail.com

XOXO Baby Doe
Tiki Oasis

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation