FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge What Made You Happy Today! pg.35
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
What Made You Happy Today! pg.35
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-08 01:34 am   Permalink

Something great or small that made you happy today....

Today unexpectedly I heard the "Theme from The Magnificent Seven" by Elmer Bernstein it made me smile.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sY6GhGsZngA (the real deal) although many remember it best for the beautiful Marlboro commercials. Or... If you listen you will hear it playing throughout Frontierland every 30 min. or so.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3PETEgnaXcg (long version)

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-03-08 10:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-24 12:32 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 8:02 pm   Permalink

Thirty years ago I used to listen to the Crusaders. Today on the way home from work I was listening to NPR and they were profiling Joe Sample, from the Crusaders, and Randy Crawford. They had teamed up years ago to record the hit single "Street Life." They are back together with a duet album and they say that they've aged like fine wine. The new CD is "Feeling Good." Crawford sings and Sample plays his own compositions. It's a mix of soul, jazz, gospel and pop. I don't listen to as much jazz as I used to. Hearing the samples from the CD made me smile.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 9:28 pm   Permalink

Booze

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-09 11:00 pm   Permalink

Today I realized I had a check direct deposited into my banking account that I didn't even know was there. I can't wait to convert those greenbacks into tiki mugs!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-09 11:31 pm   Permalink

today, i spent 3 hours shampooing, drying and brushing my dog, Trader Pup. may seem silly, but the sound of the dryer and just being with my puppy, makes me feel connected and content.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-11 8:09 pm   Permalink

On Friday I read the post by Hiphipahula and clicked the link to listen to Elmer Bernstein's "The Magnificent Seven." I hadn't heard that piece of music in years. A friend of mine wasn't going to be able to use her tickets for the Syracuse Symphony Orchestra on Saturday night and she gave them to me. I went to the symphony last night not knowing what was on the program. The second piece on the program turned out to be Aaron Copland's "Suite from Billy the Kid." I thought it was a very interesting coincidence. I love Aaron Copland and of course you can't listen to the "Suite from Billy the Kid" without an imaginary western playing in your brain. How funny a coincidence is that?

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-11 9:46 pm   Permalink

What made me happy today.....Watching SoccerTiki defending the goal

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-03-11 21:47 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-11 9:49 pm   Permalink

I drove my own car for the first time ever, to the store and back. (just learning to drive - finally)

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-12 02:14 am   Permalink

This weekend while out of town I found a small lot of retired Tiki Farm mugs from a few years ago in a retail store so I bought them up.

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-03-12 04:26 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 4:21 pm   Permalink

What made me happy today was I received a PM from tikicleen regarding two carved tiki poles I was going to purchase from Bo's shop in the Sacramento area. We were all there back in December and I had talked to Bo about purchasing these from him at the time. The poles came out of a local area establishment long closed and I was going to eventually use these in my tiki room, yet to be built.

I ran into Bo on Sunday at the monthly antique show and he told me he had sold them, since he had not heard from me. It was my bad, as I wasn't in a hurry and I wasn't aware he was in any hurry to sell them, no worries. Bo told me he couldn't remember who he sold them to, other than the people who bought them were at the party in December. Quick deducing on my part led me to PM cleen, and now I know where they landed. Even happier they landed there. Am I jealous? No, I am happy they went to a good tiki home and that I will get to see them again someday.
Mystery solved!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I know where they are)!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 10:17 pm   Permalink

Saw a dude doing grafilthy

just south of downtown LA

at 4 o clock pm ( traffic hour)( going south)

today. Was kinda neat....

Seeing it done mid day...

....the one who does the tag and then the splatter!

Chaka re-born???

was like a gun metal grey/black.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 5:59 pm   Permalink

The guy next to me at staff meeting (the horror) wrote "staph meeting" on top of his note page. Then when questioned about wanting a cup of the morning brew, he just passed the coffee cup and said no since he had switched from beer to wine for his morning routine. No one even noticed. It was incredible.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:13 pm   Permalink

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm happy cause I'm cookin up some Corned Beef & Cabbage YUM...
ERIN GO BRAUGH!!!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-17 19:13, Hiphipahula wrote:
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm happy cause I'm cookin up some Corned Beef & Cabbage YUM...
ERIN GO BRAUGH!!!

Erin go Die from all the fat and sodium you're ingesting from that shit corned Beef!! Irish Potato Soup is where it's at!!!
The new American Irish corned beef! arrrr!!!

...and smash mugs for desert!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 9:14 pm   Permalink

Real mallard ducks. Duckin' it in my pond. Lookin' for some kool shades.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation