FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » What Made You Happy Today! pg.35
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
What Made You Happy Today! pg.35
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 12:40 am   Permalink

Yikes, think of the characters in "The Hand the Rocks the Cradle", "Disclosure", "Misery" and "Fatal Attraction", and you've got a winner!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-18 4:20 pm   Permalink

white gloving and art wrapping 216 beer bottles this morning...the irony.

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-22 5:34 pm   Permalink

The things that made me happy today.

That someone was sincere and put their thoughts into words which brought tears to my eyes and that my words in return did the same. It's a nice world when you can spread joy, kindness and love.

And also that I work my ass off to do my best and deal with a hell of lot of daily stress. But I have to do it because it pays the bills, it's like writing a poem that gives you the chills. And now I'm tired, I've been up since 3:00, I've had one to many drinks and now I have to take a pee..

I was told, I must have a lot of time on my hands, because I'm always here in TC land. Well that might be true and that's OK, cause it pulls me through another stressful day.

So, I'm signing off now, but I'll be back. Just to piss you off and that's a fact. OK, now I'm getting silly and the house in getting chilly, I'm going to bed to snuggle instead.. Night night,

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-22 17:34 ]

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-22 6:16 pm   Permalink

new eyeglasses

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 4:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-22 18:16, dogbytes wrote:
new eyeglasses

Ooh...those are really cool!!

What made me happy this week...I moved into a new house about a month ago, and I just realized that the neighbors have a lime tree that hangs over into my backyard! Free limes! Now if only they had a rum tree...

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-27 1:34 pm   Permalink

I don't know if it necessarily made me "happy", but something did happen today that gave me a bit of amusement. The fact that it gave me some excitement might be a sad commentary on my boring life!

Sometimes when I am writing legal briefs (I'm an attorney) I come up with a word that I am not sure is an actual word, or if its something I just completely made up. A little while ago I was writing a sentence and needed a word that basically means “to point out the basis for something” or “to provide an explanation.” The word that immediately popped into my head was “elucidate.” I don’t remember ever reading or hearing that word before but, nevertheless, it just popped into my head as being a word that would be appropriate.

However, because I had no idea whether I had just made up that word or if it was a real word, (or even if it was a real word, whether it meant what I thought it meant), I looked the word up on the Merriam-Webster online dictionary (as I often do when I pull words out of my ass).

The definition is as follows:

elucidate
One entry found.

Main Entry:
elu•ci•date
Pronunciation:
\i-ˈlü-sə-ˌdât\
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
elu•ci•dat•ed; elu•ci•dat•ing
Etymology:
Late Latin elucidatus, past participle of elucidare, from Latin e- + lucidus lucid
Date:
circa 1568
transitive verb : to make lucid especially by explanation or analysis <elucidate a text> intransitive verb : to give a clarifying explanation

The sentence I wrote in my brief reads as follows:

“In his motion Defendant does not elucidate the basis for his contenion that...”

I surprise myself sometimes! I guess I'm not as much of a dumbass as my wife thinks I am!

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-27 5:52 pm   Permalink

found a box of costumes. dressed up the dog.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-15 9:34 pm   Permalink

a hand-painted coconut!

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-25 08:33 am   Permalink

Waking up this morning to this beautiful view with my beautiful (woohoo)wahine!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 6:46 pm   Permalink

k1speed.com ( Irvine)

I need more!!!

what a blast!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-25 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 08:33, SoccerTiki wrote:
Waking up this morning to this beautiful view with my beautiful (woohoo)wahine!

I guess the economy really isn't hurting you too bad, huh?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 07:47 am   Permalink

I didn't know Sperm Whale could fly. (See upper left of image)

Holy Moly and that's Whale Rider on his back too.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-11-26 08:37 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 08:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-25 19:16, bigtikidude wrote:
I guess the economy really isn't hurting you too bad, huh?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WoooHoooo! Cheap Drinks & Food (Dinner $8)

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 8:12 pm   Permalink

how mush for the massages??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-27 07:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-26 20:12, RevBambooBen wrote:
how mush for the massages??

$30/hr! In a grass shack on the water's edge! (Next to the arch in the pic below)

That will make me happy today!!!
WooooooHooooOOOOoooooooo!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation