FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts new paintings by Heather Pleasant 1/15/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
new paintings by Heather Pleasant 1/15/08
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 07:09 am   Permalink

Great work!! To me it makes me feel liike mayeb she put a little someting in his tead and that he is a little nervous to drink it.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-20 2:52 pm   Permalink

Yeah, usually you do need to be nervous about what is in the teapot at our house. The reason I did the skull and crossbones is for Hanna, she is 6 and loves that look. She wants me to sew skulls on all her clothes. Thank you for the compliments Little lost, Surf tiki,Tiki Shark Art and Benzart. Benboo, I'm trying to paint my ass off, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. Ha ha
Here is another one representing tiki in my hood.

[ This Message was edited by: ms pleasant 2007-03-20 15:00 ]

View Profile of ms pleasant Send a personal message to ms pleasant      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 6:31 pm   Permalink

The moths are cool, I recognize the one as being a real moth, so that probably makes the other so.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 7:33 pm   Permalink

It sticks in your Head...I really like these! They're fun and a little unsettling all at once! Love the Owl! Glad you're enjoying yourself! Art is such a great gift!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 7:36 pm   Permalink

Sweeet--I've always been a fan of the 'dot' style, very nice. The groovy owl really speaks to me too. (he says "whoooo whooooo"!)

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-22 09:14 am   Permalink

Thank you for you comments. I love the owl too. It's a little wacky and out there looking. Keigs (ken) and my life is full of wacky witco animals and everyone is always joking about owl collections and thrift store owls, but you have to admit they are pretty cool animals. My next doodle will have to be be filled with chainsaws, tools, and sawdust because right now that is all I can see when I look outside for inspiration. Nothing like the smell of chain oil and sawdust in the morning!!!

View Profile of ms pleasant Send a personal message to ms pleasant      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 09:03 am   Permalink

I like how you put a tiny bit of Realism on the right side
( or, left side of painting - !!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-25 7:43 pm   Permalink

Here is a my fisherman god painting. It is inspired by an original carving that my Grandfather did in the 60's. The fish and sun are also an ode to him. I really tried to get the wood grain on the tiki, but am not sure if I succeeded. Also, I was going to have Ken (Keigs) make a frame, but I painted too close to the edges, so I painted a frame with a pattern that Witco used on a lot of projects.

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 7:51 pm   Permalink

The wood has a really cool graphic quality! That's awesome to have tiki in the family like that.....I have two plaques that my father in law made in high school in the early 60s!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 10:49 pm   Permalink

Cool!

The wood on the tiki is radical!

Husbands Rock!!

Keep pushing her Ken!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-26 06:01 am   Permalink

WHOOOOAA! Looks like you just rounded a bend on the learning curve with this one! I can definitely see your grandfathers influence here.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-26 11:09 am   Permalink

Thanks for looking at my stuff. I'm really having a great time experimenting. It feels great to sit and just let my creative side take over. Suburbanpagen, it is absolutely wonderful to have art in my family. I appreciate it more and more as time goes by. As a child I didn't realize how exciting it was to be surrounded by such talent. Ken has really been the one that opened my eyes to how special it is. He honors Grampa every day with his carvings. It feels good. What are the plaques like that you have from your family?

Thank you Ben. Husbands do rock.

Surf and Turf, this one looks better to me too. I think I might be on to something.

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 09:46 am   Permalink

that piece i really very cool. i see a fine van gogh(sp?)quality in the style of this one. hope that comes across as a compliment!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ms pleasant
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-27 1:37 pm   Permalink

Pat, thanks. Sounds like a compliment to me. Were you next to Ken and me at Hukilau vending this last year? If so, it was lovely to have met you and it's amazing how multi-talented you are. Next time we are in Florida, maybe we can commission you for some tattoo work.

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 2:21 pm   Permalink

Rock on Heather!

Hope you guys are well.

Any chance your going to Huki this year?

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation